“Expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 225 Restaurants in Grand Junction
“Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Food was good. not as good as Tucson but served the purpose. Watch out though be prepared to spend fifteen dollars a plate plus drinks. Way overpriced for what it is.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Coloraodo
“Best Mexican restaurant in Grand Valley without a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

We eat at El Tapatio on North Avenue on a regular basis. Service is outstanding and they make you feel welcome. Consistently excellent food, prepared right, nice and spicy and authentic. One of the only places in GJ where you can get TRUE Mexcian style tacos. Margaritas are off the hook. Overall a GREAT value, the only Mexican restaurant I will dine at in GJ as I have tried the "other" ones and they dont even compare. Comfortable atmosphere and just a great place!!!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carbondale, Colorado
“Stingy management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

I liked El Tapatio until last Friday. I have eaten there several times and had good food and good service. Most of all good Margaritas, made with real lime. My complaint is that when eating you get chips, salsoa nd cabbage slaw free with your meal. We were told that if we were only drinking, we had to pay for them. When margaritas are around 7 dollars each, if each person drinks two, you are paing more than for some of the entrees. I think it's pretty bad PR given that we have spent hundreds of dollars in their restaurant, and now will not go back or will we sebd friends in....come on guys, 3 dollars in food cost you hundreds in future revenue? Not good PR.....

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grand junction
“Best REAL Mexican food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

I have been a loyal customer to this establishment since it was a modest barely remodeled fast food store with great food. They have in a few years expanded to three successful locations which says a lot on it's own.

I grew up with friends who were from Mexico and this is what I ate in their homes with their families. Try something other than a taco or chimichanga! If Tex Mex is your taste you'll find the best here, but it's only a small fraction of their exceptional menu. Great seafood and regional dishes for all.

Service is always amazing and friendly. I am a restaurant owner myself and Tapatio is my favorite place to dine and a model to me of consistency, excellence, and quality. You won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
MidWest
“Typical Tex Mex Fare. Not too bad.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Been there a few times over the years. Your typical, run of the mill tex mex mexican restaurant. Small and generally quiet. Food is decent.

• 3 of 5 stars Food