“Better than I expected” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Davenport, Iowa
“Better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Tried this restaurant based on the recommendation from the El Palomino Motel. The place was was lively and Mexican league soccer was on the tv. My girlfriend and I just stopped in for an app and a margarita. The portions were more than ample and arrived very quickly. We ordered the steak quesadilla and two jumbo margaritas. The quesadilla was better than I expected, so good, that we came in again the very next night and had the same thing. The service was well above average.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Madison, Wisconsin
“Authentic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The restaurant was clean and authentically decorated. The food didn't take too long to be served. The menu is reasonably priced. Portions are not too large. Our family of six were satisfied with their meal.

Visited July 2014
Santa Cruz, California
“Delicious! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We didn't have high hopes for this place since we live in CA and have really good Mexican food on nearly every corner. First of all, our food came super fast. We were all shocked at how quickly they brought it. The plates were huge! Literally. They were as big as some plates I use as platters on thanksgiving. The portions filled the plate. Each of our dinners could easily have fed 2 of us. We ordered the carne asada plate, the carnitas plate, and the chili verde. All were really tasty. My husband loved his chili verde and I thought the carnitas was some of the best I ever had. The carne asada was also very good. The carne asada and carnitas came with some guacamole that I found to be very good and I'm quite picky about my guacamole.
When first looking at the menu we thought the prices were high, but after seeing how much food you get and how great everything tasted, we decided the prices were fair.
Definitely a good choice if you're cruising through grand junction and looking for a tasty meal.

Los Angeles
“Yummy guac...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

...carne asada, and rice...tortillas come from local business that makes them, so they are freshly made each day...mole tastes like a Thai satay peanut sauce...One-minute walk from Palomino Motel where I stayed...

Visited July 2014
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Hot and Spicy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Visited here on recommendation of owners of El Palominio Motel and was not disappointed. As expected food was hot and spicy and portions were huge. My wife had the fajitas and I had the spicy pork dish. Staff were attentive and friendly. If staying at the El Palomino Motel the restaurant is a short walk away.

Visited May 2014