“A wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Two Rivers Winery & Chateau

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grand Junction
Two Rivers Winery & Chateau
You added Two Rivers Winery & Chateau to your Saves list
2087 Broadway, Grand Junction, CO 81503   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Grand Junction B&B and Inns
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I was worried when I read the reviews, but after thinking about them realized that the things people listed as disadvantages we really were OK with. In fact, to us they were advantages. First, they were very accomodating in our request to have 5 people in a room. When we arrived a few hours before check in time, they were more than happy to help us get into a room before the checkin time. The staff was friendly and helpful in every request. The rooms were large, clean and very nicely decorated. I felt like we were staying a a chateau in France. The reason for people not liking it as much in the reviews I think is caused by the expectations people have for a bed and breakfast. At 6PM the staff goes home so you pretty much have run of the place. To us, this was wonderful, but if you expect to hang out with the owners you'll be dissapointed. Also the breakfast buffet is very nice, but it is probably not what you'd expect from a B&B. I would absolutely stay here again. What a great place to stay if you like privacy, want spacious accomodations, and need some flexibility. Prices were very reasonable as well.

Room Tip: Explain your situation. THey will find the best room for you and even bring in a rollaway at no cha...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Shannon Feeley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

My family and I attended a wedding at the 2 rivers winery and chateau. I was very excited for this event because it was a close friend getting married and it was my first trip to winery. Upon arrival there was no direction as to where guests should park, there was also minimal staff involvement in terms of help or information. I know that this event was well planned and executed according to plan. The couple whose wedding was at the chateau were well prepared and very compliant with the expectations of the chateau. They were treated very poorly by the front desk and bar tenders and we as guests were not received in any polite way and were even made to feel unwelcome at the bar and the wine tasting room.

This was a disappointing first visit to a winery and a somewhat uncomfortable wedding to attend.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Harlow, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2007

We were recommended here by friends for an overnight stay. It is in a very quiet location on the outskirts of Grand Junction. Our room, Montrachet, at the rear,had good views of the National Monument. The Reception staff were efficient and friendly. The rooms are on the 1st floor with a walkway overlooking the cavernous area below which is used for receptions etc. The bedroom itself was large and airy, clean and tidy. With due regard to it's overall purpose, a wine tray was in the room and sample tasting at the bottle cost payable at Reception on departure was available of the wines produced on site.
This is essentially a B&B - accomodation ok, breakfasts absolute rubbish and at $135 per night extremely poor value - our expectation was in tatters!!
We had a recommendation from Reception to a local Restaurant - Garfields about a mile away in a shopping precinct; steak and fish a speciality - excellent!

• Liked — Clean and spacious
  • Disliked — Rubbish breakfasts
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2006

We just stayed here for 2 nights and while it was a nice place overall, there were somethings that really took away from it being top notch and lacking as far as a B & B is concerned.

The Chateau is fairly new and has 10 rooms. We stayed in the Champagne Suite which had a garden tub [not jacuzzi] and a fireplace. The room was nicely decorated but...the placement of the TV made it so you could not really see it from one side of the bed {4 poster bed..post in way}.

The breakfast was typical of a "free/included" breakfast at a chain motel and I was expecting more. There was 1 kind of cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, make your own waffles, coffee & tea and 1 morning they had eggs benedict and the second morning they had breakfast burritos. There wasn't any kind of bread, bagels, english muffins to toast. The second morning they did have muffins and turnovers {they were in kitchen when I peeked in the night before to get some napkins -- and had the same kind of wrappings as those that come from Sam's Club & Costco}.

The eggs benedict were made using a microwave and were then placed on an electric hot tray to keep warm, but in this case...I think it was to GET them warm because they were cold when we got them {we were there as they were first put out}. We didn't bother to try the breakfast burritos.

This is touted as a bed and breakfast, but it really lacks the feel of one. There is only a little corner of the place that is a "public living room". The place seemed a bit cold to us...not inviting.

The biggest concern I would have is the place is used for events...weddings, parties etc. There had been a political fundraiser the night before we arrived. The problem is that these events are held in a large area on the first floor {in a rotunda like area} and the noise must be audible in all of the bedrooms. I would HATE to be there when an event was being held. We were in the most expensive room and I really don't think it was worth $145 per night. I did see 2 other rooms as they were being made up and they each had 2 bed {queen sized perhaps} but they were in 1 large room so no privacy.

They were recently written up in USA TOday Travel as a destination winery. We did the tasting when we got there and the wine is good.

There was no literature available about the winery which I thought was odd. I would have liked to heard more about its history etc. Had we not gone to the tasting, we wouldn't have known anything about the place.

Their website really isn't geared towards the B & B part of the place: as you cannot make reservations online, there are no rates online, they only have 1 guest room shown {the one we stayed in} and cannot check availability online.

We were disappointed and will not stay there again.

• Liked — It was clean and new
  • Disliked — Breakfast was only fair, expensive for what was offered.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2004

My husband and I just spent our one year anniversary at the Chateau and we absolutely loved it! We stayed in the Champagne room ($145/night) and it was totally worth it. The room was really big and very clean. the bathroom is huge with a full bath and separate shower. The whole place was very clean and very impressive, I could hardly believe we were still in Grand Junction. We did a wine tasting while there and their wine is also very good. The staff was very friendly also. The only thing I would improve would be the breakfast. It was good, but kind of reminded me of a nice hotel's continental breakfast. Overall, we were very happy with our choice.

Been to Two Rivers Winery & Chateau? Share your experiences!