“Wonderful Place to Lay Your Head!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   625 Rae Lynn Street, US Highway 6 & 50 & 24 Road, Grand Junction, CO 81505   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Grand Junction
Monticello, Utah
“Wonderful Place to Lay Your Head!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

It was my husband and I's anniversary so we decided to head to Grand Junction Colorado to do a little shopping and have a nice night out, and since we run a motel back home, to stay somewhere where they would do all the work instead of us. The price was higher for that time of year then I expected, but when we walked in the front desk clerk gave us a nice break for our anniversary and we got upgraded to a king suite which was beautiful! A front room with pull out sofa and tv a nice coffee bar area and lovely bathroom which was done gorgously! The bed was so comfortable and the tv in the back room was nice to have! The set up was amazing! The only problem we had was at 6am in the morning, the room directly above us must have had children or something because they sounded like elephants running from one end of the room to the other. We ignored it at first, but then it continued on for an hour longer. I finally called up to the front desk to have them handle it. I was really surprised that with this being a new building they didnt think to put better sound proofing in the floor joist. So, so much for sleeping in! Besides that it was wonderful. Thank you for the nice stay!

Room Tip: I would say to get the top floor (3rd) because of the sound from the other floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is nice to get feedback from someone who is in the hospitality industry. I apologize about the noise. You are correct, there were some kids running around. We did speak to the parents and had the noise subdued.

I am happy to hear that you had a good trip on your anniversary. If you are ever back in Grand Junction look us up. I would love to talk "Shop" with you someday. I believe the best business ideas come when we can have a non bias input on the industry.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ridgway, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This seems like a new hotel. It was nice, clean, and comfortable with friendly staff. The location was a plus for us since I was taking 3 teenage girls shopping and it is close to the mall; walking distance to shopping and Starbucks. The girls enjoyed the pool and were up late at night, safely sitting downstairs watching TV and on the computers in the business center. We would definitely stay here again. My only complaint was that we didn't get to stay long enough! Another night would have been nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the kind words. We just completed a complete remodel of the interior of the hotel. The business center was one of the additions that we added and the guests are loving it. Just like in your case, you are able to feel safe knowing a hotel employee is close by while your loved ones are up late on the computer or watching tv.

If you come back to GJ to do any shopping or just for some fun let us know. And be sure to ask the desk about the restaurant discounts we offer.

Thank you again. We appreciate your feedback and your business.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

if you are undecided on picking a hotel while driving through grand junction,this is the one. it is right off i-70 and the room was spacious,clean and the bed very comfortable.blanket and sheets were very good quality. the staff couldn't have been nicer and the convenience of having a large shopping area across the street for restaurants,gas, and a super market were just a bonus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you! Not to get to caught up in your comments, but we sure do try to be the best Holiday Inn Express that we can be. After our remodel (Spring 2012) we worked really hard in retraining and adjusting things to better serve our guests.

We are very lucky to be so close to shopping. A mall, numerous restaurants, a gas station, Starbucks, etc etc etc are all in walking distance.

We hope you can make it back to see us soon. Thank you again for the kind words. I am having a staff meeting tomorrow. All guests comments/feedback are shared, and I will be sure to include your comments.
Northfield, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The location alone made this hotel a good place to stay. It was very close to I - 70 and was easily accessible. Surrounding it were many restaurants and other retail stores making eating and any needed shopping easy. Our reception was friendly and registration was done quickly. The facility was clean and well kept up. Our room was spacious, clean, quiet and very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was a good example of the kinds of complementary breakfasts found in hotels--besides cold cereals, pastries, fruit, juices and coffee, they had a machine that made pancakes and had hot dishes that included scrambled eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy. Check out was effortless. There is a Starbucks right across the street. We would stay there again if traveling along I-70.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank your for the comments. And thank you for mentioning the breakfast items. We have changed a lot about the hotel when we remodeled last year and one of the biggest changes was making sure to provide the best breakfast we could. In all there are over 25 items to choose from. Every day we rotate the hot items. This ensures frequent guests don't eat the same breakfast 2 days in a row and more importantly it guarantees that our guests are eating the best and freshest food they can. We don't do leftovers. This might be the reason we are the only hotel in Grand Junction to win the Blue Ribbon Award from the Mesa County Health Department since 2011. (Handed out to any establishment that serves food and had 0 health code violations).

Thank you again for the kind words. We do hope to see you again.
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at this property in Jan. again in Sept.. Both stays were outstanding. The property has just been up dated and is one of the nicest HIE we have stayed. Will stay again any time in GJ.The breakfast is wonderful, well attended an A+ quality. We were very happy with the friendliness of the staff. They could answer questions with confidence an politeness. One of the best nights sleep we had.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Grand Junction is conveniently located near the mall, I-70, and the beautiful Canyon View Park and soccer fields. It's not near downtown (the Hampton Inn is a better match for those wanting a "Main Street" experience near GJ's nice pedestrian downtown), but is clean, and comfortable with a friendly staff.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I will start by apologizing for the delayed thank you. My social media skills are not the best. With that said I do thank you for the review of the hotel. I have happy that you enjoyed your time here. I do want to mention, that while we are not a "downtown" hotel, we are just a short drive away from the downtown district of Grand Junction. Our close proximity to Grand Junctions only Mall, newest restaurants, biggest movie theater and National Monument do appeal to most guests.

Thank you again for the response and I hope that your next stay in Grand Junction is with us and even more enjoyable.

Roy Blake
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

HIE is one of our two go-to hotels for traveling and we are usually happy with the stay. The hotel is conveniently located and we were not uncomfortable with the location. Breakfast is the usual fare and was well tended. We were not greeted warmly but the stay was comfortable overall. Unfortunately we were most unhappy with the beds at this particular hotel, which isn't a normal complaint at HIE for us. I'm not sure if we just got an older room, but neither of us slept well the two nights we were there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
I am so sorry to hear about your experience not being perfect. I wish you could have mentioned this to me during your stay. I would have been happy to move you to a different room. The bed that you slept on is brand new. We just finished a complete remodel of the entire hotel this year. The lined, beds, carpet, paint, toilets, wall covering, furniture, tile, shower, etc etc etc everything is brand new.

Next time you are in town and you want to stay with us, give me a call. I will personally make sure that your stay is perfect and I will be happy to move you as much as needed to find the perfect bed. Our Cloud 9 beds are built to be perfect for everyone. And I won't stop until we can find that for you. My office extension is 500. The hotel phone number is 970-245-8164.

I look forward to speaking to you in the future

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction? Share your experiences!