“Very new, very clean hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   625 Rae Lynn Street, US Highway 6 & 50 & 24 Road, Grand Junction, CO 81505   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Denver, Colorado
“Very new, very clean hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

This hotel is two or three miles off of I-70, which makes it very quiet. Near to shopping and restaurants and very easy to get to off of I-70. The free breakfast was good, and in a nicely decorated eating area, nicer than the usual "breakfast" room at many hotels. Room had microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Room facing the west was very quiet.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. We are very excited that after being opened for 9 years we have completed a full remodel of the hotel. From the beds to the toilets...everything has been remodeled. It is because of feedback from yourself and other guests that we were able to complete what we believe to be the nicest remodel of any hotel in town. We invite everyone to come and enjoy the new look.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Golden, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Hello All,
I am writing today because I had the worst hotel experience ever and was treated like a liar and a thief, when I neither stole or lied in any way over $129.
Last week I called & made reservations for my first business trip of many to come over the next year in this town. I called the #1800 since I had the choice of 2 Holiday Inn "related" hotels. In this call I was very specific on my intentions to pay cash and asked what those requirements were for these 2 "sister" hotels. I was on speaker phone & have witnesses to the exact conversation. I would gladly give my card and information to hold the room as long as it's not charged. One Holiday Inn (not express), the recommended one for my business, wanted a $500 deposit, which completely exceeded the cost of 3 nights so that was out. Logic made that decision easy. The other Holiday Inn Express apparently did not require a deposit at all. I was a bit baffled and insisted she double check this information. She put me on hold for a few minutes, came back & confirmed this again. I asked her quite possibly 6 times to make sure. Then after her re-assuring me several times they required zero deposit, I made the reservation. Well, my mistake, lesson learned. Do not trust that informaton. It is not correct. It is a lie. This hotel required pre-payment in full, upon arrival, if you want to pay cash. I simply would not have booked the reservation had that been what I was told. So, here I was after driving 100's of miles from home, tired. The girl behind the counter said I could stay & speak to the Manager about the situation in the morning. She actually was kind.
So in the morning I went to speak to him in person & it was horrible. He said that if I could not pre-pay in full that I had to leave. However, before I leave that I must pay in full the $129, for the night I just stayed, which he knew I did not have. Plus some ridiculous story about a shady guy who paid cash and stole 5 TV's, if you saw me you would think he just had zero sense. I have no need for your TV's. If I did not pay before leaving the property, he would be forced to call the police & that I would be defrauding an Innkeeper and I would be arrested. No way to work ANYTHING out with me. Whoa! I am not defrauding anyone here. So I am freaked out.
I finally find someone to help me out on the phone & he would not accept payment over the phone - at that exact moment after almost 2 hours of this tells me that I must have someone fill out a credit card authorization form that he would e-mail them, they must send it back to him completely filled out with copies of the front and back of their drivers license and credit card. Really, now you tell me this?! What is wrong with you? I basically wanted to tell him to take his measly $129 and shove it. I within minutes amazingly find someone else. My first person was literally in the middle of the desert. I tell him "you know I'm never coming back here ever right?" He says, "I know". I leave, knowing my friend is on it. Thinking, what a complete jerk, no where to stay 100's of miles from home. Unkind and unreasonable. I was going to pay upon checkout all along...several others hotels, such as the brand new Courtyard Marriot, up the street, after hearing my story said, "come on in, we will take care of you." Before even seeing my face. They are the hero's among others who offered me their homes, in which I kindly accepted. What a drama.

Room Tip: Select the Courtyard Marriot if ever in Grand Junction, CO
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
gjhiexpressmanager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
I apologize that you feel so negative towards me and the hotel. I got the impression that you were completely satisfied and understanding of everything by the many thanks and positive comments you gave me and the hotel during the conversation. I would not have let you walk out of the hotel upset or mad. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction. I waited at the front desk for 3 hours for you to arrive just so I could have the face to face conversation with you after hearing that you had no money or anyway to pay for the room. The rules and policies of every hotel differ in ways and I apologize that our policies didn't meet your expectations and desires. With that said our policy to accept credit card payment over the phone must be accompanied with a signature and copy of ID card. This is purely for your financial safety and security. We cannot just allow anyone to call in with a credit card without verifying they are the owner of the card. And surely you cannot expect to stay at a hotel and not pay for the room. I only told you that the police would be called when you told me that you did not have the money for the room and you refused to pay the hotel. In the world of business, you must pay for the services that you receive. The hotel had no other route when you refused to pay.

I feel that we had a mix-up in emotions during and after our conversation. I was under the impression that you were very happy with the outcome and satisfied with myself and the hotel. The many thanks you gave me and the laughs we shared when the ordeal was settled led me to believe that I did my job by providing you the support and resources to settle this matter with the most professionalism and courteousness that I could. As in every case we receive with a guest that does not feel 100% satisfied I invite you to call me directly if you would like to discuss this further. My direct number is 970-245-8164 ext 500. Please let me make this right for you. I will never feel that my job is complete without knowing that you are completely satisfied.
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We had car trouble on I-70 approximately 40 miles west of Grand Junction and we had an unplanned stop in Grand Junction. Hotel was great - within wakling distance to the mall.

Staff was very friendly - computer available in the lobby - rooms were clean and comfortable.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I am a fairly easy-going person, but one thing I absolutely insist upon when I'm traveling and I'm cranky and tired is a pleasant experience on walking into a hotel. To me, it's like being welcomed (or not) into someone's home. If that first experience is not good, then it sets a bad tone for the rest of the stay -- and, frankly, all you want to do is get out of there. And, that's exactly what I did shortly after arrival at this hotel. I had been on the road for many hours and was exhausted. On presenting at the front desk, I was told my room was not ready and that it would be another hour. There was no apology or offer to take my bags and, perhaps, invite me to sit in the lounge or lobby area. So, I asked the surly desk clerk if she had any maps of interest for the local area, thinking that perhaps I could get back into the car (which I did NOT want to do) and maybe find a Starbucks or something. Wordlessly, she slapped a huge, multi-fold street map in front of me. "No, no," I said, "places of interest ... you know, places of interest!!" She shook her head and said she didn't have any, but I could look at the brochures "down the hallway" if I wanted to.

I elected to just sit in the lobby and wait until my room was ready. While waiting, the desk clerk and another woman behind the counter engaged in a very loud conversation about their respective personal lives -- a conversation that was regularly peppered with profanity. Then, two people walked in off the street to inquire if a room were available. The front desk clerk confirmed it and, despite two credit cards used by these two guests both being rejected, promptly issued the couple with the same type of room as I had booked, and handed them the key directly! So, my room was not ready, but theirs was, it was cheaper, and their credit card was rejected. Don't understand that one.

By that stage, I did not want to stay there anymore. I felt uncomfortable, unwelcome, and unsafe. I indicated that I wanted to leave for these reasons and was offered an upgrade to a suite that was ready immediately. But I didn't need a suite. What I needed was a place that would make me feel welcome and safe and happy to be there.

When will hotels -- and especially their front staff -- realize the value in making travelers feel welcome with small tokens of friendliness, warmth in tone, and a sense of being genuinely happy to see you. Those things are incredibly valuable to weary travelers.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
On behalf of the hotel I want to apologize for your experience. There is no excuse for profanity nor is there any reason every guest is not treated like the only guest. We strive to excel at customer service. We know that you have a choice of where you stay, and we always want to make sure you are making the right choice when you stay with us.

Per your experience with your room not being ready, we pre assign rooms early in the morning to ensure that every guests pre arrival requests are met. Be it a specific floor, away from the elevator or west view, we assign based on those preferences, thus not everyone will be able to check into their room at the same time. In the future an early arrival request can satisfy your need for a room earlier in the day.

We are undergoing a complete remodel of the hotel. Starting today September 6th, 2011 we will be remodeling 1 floor at a time. And while we make the changes necessary in the guest room to satisfy today's traveler trust me when I say that changes will be made to our customer service and how each and every guest is treated.

I always work with my door open, this allows me to hear what is going on in the hotel and more importantly allows me to be readily available to any guest that might need to speak to me. I have an open door policy that is always in effect. I apologize that I was not in my office at the time of your experience, but promise that in the future you will not encounter this again.

I hope that you can give us another chance in the future, and if you find you would like to stay, please call me directly at the hotel and I will ensure you are treated with every bit of respect you deserve.
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Some mixed experiences here on Tripadvisor, but we are happy we stayed here. The room was nice (quite new) and large. The (indoor) hot tub and pool were fine too (the pool water could've been a bit warmer though). Front desk staff were very helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: get a room on the front side. The back side looks out over a car dump.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I have stayed here overnight after a flight into GJT. The shuttle showed up promptly, and after 4-5 minutes I was in the hotel. Upgraded to a suite. The bed was among the best I've had at a holiday inn anywhere. Service was impeccable (late checkout was granted no questions asked). Overall I am very happy with this hotel and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Suites on the fourth floor have the best view of the mountains
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Centennial, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

My husband and daughter were bitten by bed bugs. We have left messages at the hotel and have not heard anything from the management. This was the first night of our vacation and it made it miserable for them! We are very frustrated by the whole experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
I am deeply sorry that you feel so negative about your stay at our hotel. We strive to make every guest experience the best that it can be. We have a great reputation as a hotel and make sure every effort is reached to satisfy guests needs. With that said I have had a full inspection of the room done and the result was "no evidence of bed bugs found".

As a hotel that thrives on positive experiences I will be more than happy to forward this report. Again, I am so sorry about your feelings of our hotel, but we feel confident in saying that if you were bitten by bed bugs, it was not from our hotel.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction? Share your experiences!