“Suitable for a off-the-highway stopover.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Grand Junction

Motel 6 Grand Junction
You added Motel 6 Grand Junction to your Saves list
Motel 6 Grand Junction
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   776 Horizon Dr, I-70 at Exit #31, Grand Junction, CO 81506   |
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Suitable for a off-the-highway stopover.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This hotel is at the edge of Grand Junction and next to the airport. It has 2-stories, rooms are not enclosed, and a pool. There are vending machines on the 1st floor, but there are chain restaurants nearby. Worthwhile restaurants and activities are about 10 minutes drive into downtown Grand Junction.

The upsides:
The hotel cheerfully accepted my non-smoking-plus-dogs reservation from my cellphone when we were in the car about 45 minutes away. The rates were reasonable and the room had nice hardwood floors. The room was very clean, beds were firm and comfortable, lots of hot water, and good water pressure. The downtown of Grand Junction itself ("Colorado's Wine Country") was about 10 minute drive away and very cute--worth the drive into the city. Free coffee all the time in the office. We didn't use the pool but it looked like people were enjoying themselves there.

The downsides:
The hotel is located right next to an airport, albeit a regional, smaller airport. We were at the hotel for only 14 hours and we did not hear much aviation noise, but I don't know if that would change if the stay was longer or during daytime hours. The second floor is not wheelchair accessible, as far as we could tell.

Overall, I'd recommend this hotel as a stopover location on a highway trip. Due to its distance from the town center, activities, and proximity to the airport, I'd hesitate to recommend it for anything longer than an evening.

Room Tip: If noise is an issue, ask for a room not facing the pool. 1st floor rooms had best car-to-room acces...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We passed up staying at the Motel 6 in Green River to have a shorter drive to Denver.
We changed our reservation to the Motel 6 in Grand Junction, CO. The location is listed as refurbished by Motel 6. When we got there the desk clerk was as friendly as a robot could be. We went to our room which was clean and typical of a Motel 6, SPARSE. The sheets and towels were clean but have seen better days. The air worked really well (too well) at cooling the room because it never went off until we turned the unit off. The mattress could have used some padding. We felt every spring all night long, at least until 3:30 AM when we couldn't take any more and left. The kicker to our stay was that when I went back to the office to ask for some shampoo I was told, "Sorry but we don't have any. But there is some in the vending machine." I went to the vending machine and spent $1.30 for a packet of shampoo the size of a ketchup packet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I stayed at this Motel 6 as a stopover on my way to Denver last summer.

Positives: The room was clean and had newer flooring and a newer shower. I only paid $44.99/night.

Negatives: There were several families that appeared to be living at this motel long-term. Several of them leave their doors open and sit outside on the sidewalks. Most of them stare as you walk by them which might be intimidating for some people. As a guy it didn't really bother me, but I don't know if I would want my sister or mom staying here alone.

Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Greeley, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Don't stay at this hotel! The housekeepers claimed they couldn't find a ring I left, so in other words they stole it. The service was terrible. After I called about the ring, the front desk was unhelpful and rude. I had to call them 4 times, because they wouldn't return my phone calls. Also, the room wasn't ready at check in time and the mattresses were hard as a board.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I just needed a bed and a shower for the night. Since it was mostly convenience, I thought I would try the Motel to save a few bucks. First, it doesn't help much to have a non-smoking room when the people on each side of you step out on the balcony by your window having a cigarette and the smoke comes into your room. I like to sleep in a cool room and even though I adjusted the thermostat to the coolest setting, the room was still way too warm and still blowing out heat. So, I had to open a window, with the screen not secured. This didn't make me too comfortable, given the clientele I had chance to observe around me. But, I did manage to get a couple of winks and left as early as possible. The sheets were threadbare, the mattress obviously the cheapest kind, and the towels were tiny. The room seemed to be clean, but not a comfortable stay, by any means. I definitely would rather pay 10 or 20 bucks more to get a decent room. They can leave the light on, but I won't be stopping, again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dunkerque, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

The best price in town but not cheap... $62....
Always the solution Motel 6 when no other cheaper place and this one was a surprise... New génération but not the last as it's now a false wooden floor and some décorations and colours are made of better taste.
A outside swimming pool welcome so no free wifi ( $3 ) and no breakfast....

It's no more the sanitized place as the old Motel 6 we knew.... In progress in final .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

We stayed a night before a rafting trip the next day. It seemed like a fine hotel for the price. The rooms are the renovated ones with the "wood" floors, so it's much easier to see if they are clean or not. Didn't notice any cleaning issues. Bottle opener on the bathroom sink was convenient. Room served its purpose. Can hear some noise from the airport but the planes didn't seem to fly very late into the evening.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Grand Junction? Share your experiences!