“Rock solid” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Fast Food
Colrado
“Rock solid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Finding good seafood in Colorado is a challenge. Take it from an East Coast transplant that has lived here for 25 years.

To that end, I was skeptical about the good reviews of Fins on Trip Advisor. Still, my wife and I wanted good seafood, so we gave it a shot & were very glad that we did.

The seafood was very tasty and perfectly prepared. From the salad and fish tacos to the Pacific Cod in lemon pepper sauce, the food was perfect. Sides were nice, too. My wife even commented that the sweet potato fries were salted perfectly - something that she says is difficult to find. In all honesty, it was the best seafood that I've had in years.

Waitstaff were friendly and attentive, despite having a good number of customers to handle.

Decor was simple and pleasant, not overdone. The restaurant was roomy, airy an had good lighting.

To top it off, the cost was quite reasonable.

Well done, Fins!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Colorado
“Best clam chowder I've ever had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The menu has some interesting items and I chose the smoked salmon mac and cheese while my partner chose the halibut sandwich. The meal began with a cup of the best clam chowder I've ever had. Period. It wasn't thickened with gooey flour or overrun with potatoes. It had a just right base, celery, a bit of onion, potatoes and chunks of clam. Oh my oh my. The salmon on the mac and cheese was sweet, plentiful and made for a delicious dish. My partner savoured the grilled halibut sandwich on a fresh French style roll with lettuce, tomatoes an a bit of onion. We were there on a Thursday night and the weren't too crowded. The service was good and we'd love to go back soon.

• Visited May 2013
New Castle, Colorado
“Truly fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

It has been a long time since I truly had "fresh fish" this good. I am used to living on the ocean and eating fish caught that same day. This restaurant had some of the best fish I have had in a long time. The service was friendly and attentative and the property was clean and neat. I will definately be going back.

• Visited April 2013
Denver, Colorado
“nice surprise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

i dropped in here on a day when the rain was of biblical proportion. it was open early for lunch and looked interesting. the service is order at the counter and they deliver. the menu was somewhat limited, but i ordered a halibut salad (cajun style) and was really surprised at how tasty the fish and the salad were. there is nothing that makes the place stand out as exceptionally good or bad. it's just there and i would guess no one has either gotten sick from eating there nor had a guest shot on america's top chef from the prep of the food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Craig, Colorado
“Fantastic seafood & service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I always hesitate to order seafood in a restaurant that is located far from the sea! However, this one knows how to do it right. The owner actually owns fishing boats in Alaska and has his catch flown down fresh (told to us by our server).

Everything my husband and I ordered from the clam appetizer to our grilled fish meals was simply delicious. Husband ordered the haibut and I ordered the black cod and oh my - it was the tastiest melt in your mouth fish I've ever eaten. The salads were fresh and colorful, and the clam chowder was the best I've ever had.

We eat out frequently, so it takes a really fantastic meal for me to be impressed - and I was impressed! Our server was a charming young man and eager to describe all the choices on the menu. I'm looking forward to eating there again the next time I'm in Grand Junction. Noticed that the address is wrong - they recently moved, they're now located on Main St in downtown Grand Junction.

• Visited February 2013