“Good hotel in great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Main Street, Grand Junction, CO 81501 (Formerly Main Street Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Good hotel in great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a good standard hotel - clean, well-run, well-equipped rooms. The staff were great - we arrived early and the room was not ready but they let us store lots of stuff until check in so we could go out and sightsee. The room was pleasant and had everything we needed. Breakfast was fine with standard morning fare. The location is great - just 1-2 blocks from good restaurants and eating places in the very attractive restored old Main Street area. Only one thing to be aware of - you have to pay for parking although it was not expensive. Would recommend for short stays. Reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is one of three that are all together in downtown Grand Junction. Probably not much difference among them. Free Internet, gym, big breakfast. There is a $5/day charge for parking that is kind of surprising in a small town. I had to use the skirt hanger to clip the draperies together -- on first floor I didn't want them to gap open but the wand was broken and I couldn't get them to pull/stay together. No bathmat restocked second day; no lotion -- not worth asking for but next time I'll try the Hampton or the Springfield --both adjacent in this good location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I are on an 8 week trip across country with our dog. The Fairfield Inn is dog friendly. The hotel is right downtown so it is in a very good location. The rooms are modern and clean. Their "hot" breakfast was included. It was ok. Lots of items to microwave and a few cooked items. It was a pleasant one night stay.

Durango, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Check in: Nice staff, fast check in, clean contemporary lobby. Surprise, $5 parking--schlep your butt back out to the lot and put a pass on the dashboard.

Room: odd layout. Bed shoved into a corner across from a couch, TV not even remotely pointing towards bed. Tried to put something in the mini-fridge, and the fridge fell out of it's cubby. Awkward. Window treatments vestigial, would not block out the light from a firefly.

So we woke up nice and EARLY to enjoy...

Breakfast: Powdered eggs in a pool of piss-colored water, Sausages with 80% fat/20% gristle, Hashbrowns had lots and lots of ONION POWDER. Set the plate aside, got some Raisin Bran. Discovered long Brown hair in cereal about third bite in. I'm a red-head, GF is blond. Pass.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank You so much for taking the time to provide us on your stay. I can't begin to say how disappointed I am that we let you down during your visit to Grand Junction. Our guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we value the feedback and address every situation promptly.

I have followed up with both housekeeping staff and the breakfast attendant regarding your stay and we have revisited the standards and the expectations. We are working on our new breakfast and have re-trained the attendant who was present on the morning of your visit.

We thank you for your business and we sincerely hope you will consider giving us one more try to provide you the service and experience that you not only expect, but deserve.

Sincerely
Greg
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked this hotel for one night on our way back from Vegas because of the good TA reviews. I did see the hotel was pet friendly, but figured they would have certain rooms allocated for people without pets. I am allergic to dog and cat hair so I did request a pet free room. This hotel has elegant and simple Marriott decor and is very nice on the surface. The rooms appear to be renovated except for the doors. They do look 80's and one of our doors even had a hole. The room itself was smaller than I expected. Even though I was told the room was pet free, I immediately noticed there was pet hair and became symptomatic. I decided to just G&B it since we were unpacked and tired. They have the memory foam beds that I was excited to try. Not good. Our family of four agreed these beds aren't for us and we woke up with back aches and had weird dreams (maybe just coincidence) but am glad to say I would not purchase one of these expensive matresses. The breakfast was understaffed, the poor lady working was trying her best as the food ran out, but she desperately needed some help. I ended up just drinking coffee and bringing one of my granola bars from home downstairs and ate that. My husband said the eggs were tasteless and he really didn't like the breakfast. He ate fruit and coffee.

Next time I will stay at the Springhill Suites as I've had good experiences with that chain in other cities. If you have pets you'll love this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
South Burlington, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked this hotel at the end of a long trip that took in the National Parks in Utah and Arizona before we flew out of Grand Junction, Co. We arrived after an eight hour car ride. Upon our check-in we were hit with a $5.00 parking charge to park in their parking lot located behind the hotel. Nothing on their web sight stated this charge. Not that $5.00 is a lot of money but it should be told upfront. As we checked in we asked as if the sofa-bed was made up. The desk person said she did not know but she would give us the linens to make it up. What!!! We booked a room with one full bed and a pull out couch bed for three people. Did she think that three people would sleep in one full size bed? Having asked that question she replied "it is not our policy to look at the reservation as to sleeping arraignments".....HUH??? We trudged to our room and it was a hotel room that was carved out of an existing building and to us it was "different". The linens were clean but room itself was used and worn. Bath was nice with a large walk-in shower. Not all bad. As we were to turn in for the night I called for a 5:00 a.m. wake-up call. Lucky our daughter had an I-pod and set that for the call never came. I approached the person on duty as we checked out and he just shrugged his shoulders and said it wasn't on the list......as he was away from the desk setting up the breakfast room. Terribly unprofessional in my opinion. There are much nicer hotels closer to the airport to stay. This hotel is an attempt to rejuvenate the downtown but unless you choose to walk the shopping mall choose another hotel if you want good service.

Room Tip: ...another hotel......
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel for its close proximity to downtown. We were in town do my husband could golf at Redlands Mesa golf course. The room was clean and roomy (we had a one bedroom suite, not much more expensive than regular room). The shower was great, nice little kitchenette, and comfy bed! The free breakfast was ok, hot items as eggs, hash browns, and sausage, ummm...so so. But make your own waffles, bagels, muffins available.

• Stayed June 2013
Greg B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give a great review! We always take pride in our hotel and we do want every guest to experience the very best at the Fairfield. I hope your husband enjoyed Redlands Mesa golf course, it is my favorite course! We hope that you come back to Grand Junction very soon and if you do please stop and say hello!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street? Share your experiences!