“Great Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Main Street, Grand Junction, CO 81501 (Formerly Main Street Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Grand Junction
Lawrence, Kansas
“Great Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott Fairfield for one night on our way home from Arizona. Exterior - The hotel is located in the historic downtown of Grand Junction. There is ample parking with a well lit lot. The hotel appears fairly new and is very clean. The room was very large and was well stocked with bathroom items. Our room had Tempurpedic beds, which you either love them or hate them. I have lower back problems that require a firm setting and I hate these beds.

The lobby was welcoming and the morning breakfast was well stocked with a great selection of breakfast items in the morning to include scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits/gravy, coffee, etc. Although we did not use the swimming pool, it looked well kept. The exercise equipment was up-to-date and functioning properly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Greg B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank You so much for your visit and your wonderful feedback on our hotel. It always make my day when someone takes the time to give us feedback! We really appreciate the fact that you choose the Fairfield Downtown. I hope your visit to the downtown area was wonderful and we look forward to your return visit. And if you decide you would like a more comfortable bed next time please don't hesitate to ask, we do have a sister property next door and they would love to accomodate you as well. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had reserved a smaller 1 bdrm king suite and requested the ground floor. We were originally given room 102 which faces the pool/courtyard rather than the parking lot. It had a separate bedroom, small kitchen with full fridge, dishwasher, microwave, plates, glasses and silverware. Very much like a residence inn. Even though we had not requested an accessible room, that is what we received. The kitchen cabinets are very low and the shower had two shower heads (the handheld shower head can not be turned off) and a sitting stool for the shower. Not too big of issues but I still do not like to be given an accessible room unless that is what I booked. I consider this a downgrade from the room I had booked.
The problems with room 102:
1. There was garbage in a waste basket when we first checked in
2. The window coverings are almost impossible to open/close because they stick
3. There is no handle inside of the shower so it was nearly impossible to take a shower without getting water all over the floor.
4. No coffee table in front of the sofa

I requested a new room and stated the reason was the shower. Keona, the front desk clerk did not ask what was wrong with the first room so necessary repairs could be made before the next guest checked in. There were not many king rooms available so we were told a room would be available later on that day and Keona would keep an eye on rooms for us.

We stopped by the front desk before going to lunch to check on our room transfer. Keona looked and said the 4th floor room was no longer available and there were no other rooms. Eventually he said he had a deluxe king on the ground floor but we would have to pay $20 more a night for that room. I was grateful for getting a new room but did not feel we should have had to pay extra for the room because the 4th floor room had not been held for us. Also, it is typical to give guests at least a one step upgrade on rooms - especially since we are silver members of Marriott rewards. However, this courtesy was not given it us. We did negotiate the rate down to $10 more per night.
The new room (106) was very similar to the first room. Again it is an accessible room. If the front desk clerk had inquired more about what I did not like about the first room, he probably would not have recommended another accessible room. Room 106 has a larger kitchen/sitting area which had a large table and chairs for 4. It was nice now to have a place to eat since room 102 did not even have a sofa table. The desk in the new room is attached to the stand where the tv sits. The problem with this is that the desk is maybe 3 1/2 feet tall so it is very uncomfortable. My feet are off the floor if the chair is high enough for the desk. If the chair is at a comfortable height, I am reaching up to the top of the desk. The blinds in this room had the same problem of sticking so they are very difficult to open/close.
Breakfast was better than I expected and includes scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, waffle maker, pre-made breakfast sandwiches that can be microwaved, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cold cereal, packets of instant oatmeal. And as others have stated, the location in downtown GJ is ideal for walking to restaurants and shopping.
The Springhill Suites across the street and Hampton Inn right next door all have the same owner. Springhill Suites is a very new property and looks nice however they do not have full kitchens. There is a lounge in the Springhill suites and if you want to have a drink there, ask at the Fairfield Inn's front desk for a coupon for a free drink.
Overall, the rooms are very nicely done, granite counters, good lighting, big/plush towels but there are some problems. I did not feel a sincere desire to really understand my needs and find a room that suited my needs. Some of the features in the rooms are not well thought of: desk that is too high to be functional, window coverings that do not open/close, shower door that cannot be closed from the inside. That is too bad because this property is in a great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank You so much for taking time out to give us feedback on Trip Advisor. I know your stay had many kinks and I used your feedback as training tool to helping us be the best we can. We strive for satisfaction and hope with your end result we met that need. I followed up with the housekeeping staff on some of the training issues, and as great as they are, they sometimes have things that they miss. We do appreciate you staying here and it only helps us to be a better property. Thank You So much! We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely
Greg Brunet
Ada oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

great location, friendly service, a suite is the way to go, separate living and bedroom, full kitchen and nice TV (2), i dont spend a lot of time in the room when i visit GJ but i could spend time here. the bed is the most comfortable in any hotel I have ever visited, the rooms are squeaky clean. I spoke with the general manager to let him know how pleased I was with his hotel. breakfast was delicious and the breakfast room was very nice, walt to many restaurants and attractions, shopping. I will be back soon. They charge for parking but it is a hassel to find parking ion main street so 5 dollars is well worth it.

Room Tip: i like high floors overlooking main, if something is going on downtown you can watch from room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Gunnison Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is in a great location for shopping downtown and access to the convention center. The suite was large, basic but clean. My only complaint is the lack of a clock in the bedroom, yes I can set my alarm on my phone, but when I wake up in the middle of the night I like to know what time it is!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Otis, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights...the hotel itself is very clean, the staff friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious included mini fridge and microwave. Large shower, no tub. My only complaint is the bed was uncomfortable for me. It was very soft and I prefer a harder mattress. The breakfast leaves a little to be desired but not bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Conveniently located for shops and restaurants on Main Street. The man on reception helpfully recommended restaurants for us to try. Our room was spacious with two double beds, and the shower was a lovely size. The decor of the room was nothing special, but it was perfectly comfortable. Breakfast seemed typical for this type of hotel with various options but nothing to write home about. Our room inter-connected with the one next door, and we did get some noise coming through e.g. their TV and their alarm which went off at 6am. I would stay again if in Grand Junction.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Being a Marriott Platinum Elite member I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel.
Great location on Main Street (reason for staying there), great staff and great condition.
Will definitely return someday!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greg B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank You for your response on Trip Advisor. Guests don't always take the time to let us know how we are doing, so when I see a response it grabs my attention as I can't wait to see what it says. From the looks of your feedback it seems you were highly satisfied, so thank you for doing so and we look forward to your visit.

Sincerely
Greg Brunet

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Downtown / Historic Main Street? Share your experiences!