“The Best BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Reno
“The Best BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We love Famous Dave's and when we saw one in GJ we had to have ribs. We came in on Amtrak, so the afternoon we were leaving, we picked up a rack., coleslaw and beans and took it to go. At 5:00 we laid our feast in the Amtrak lounge car. Also brought along a 'Blackbox Wine" to accent the dinner.

Visited October 2013

77% Recommend
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Go Here. Don't Go There!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was my wife's and my first visit to a Famous Dave's" and it was nothing less than spectacular. Even though it was a busy Friday night, we were seated almost immediately and the service was prompt. My wife had the all-you-can-eat catfish and it was light, fresh, and delicious. I had some brisket, and it was some of the best I've ever had, and I compete in BBQ contests myself! The sides (mac&cheese, greens, and green beans) were all excellent too. No canned or prepared products. The cornbread muffins were also beyond delicious. The cold, cold draft beer was an added bonus.

Please, try this place. You won't be sorry you did!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
KENNEWICK
“Love that BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I love BBQ and honestly, no one does it as good as Famous Dave's. The food is awesome, but the atmosphere is a little loud if you are trying to have a conversation with friends or family. Will I go again? As soon as I get a chance! The food is so good, I really don't want to talk to anyone - just chow!!

Visited September 2013
Salt Lake City
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The waitress we had was very nice. She went over all the sauces that were available to put on your barbecue. We ordered the Georgia Pulled Pork Dinner. While we waited for out food, the manager came over to welcome us to Famous Dave's. The meal was very good. We have been to many Famous Dave's and have always been pleased.

Visited July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“My Third Famous Daves Road Trip Experience - Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My spouse and I stopped here for dinner. We were pleasantly greeted and seated immediately upon arrival. Our waiter was also pleasant, but spread a little thin. The baby back ribs were somewhat tough and not very tasty. My last Famous Daves experience in Brentwood, TN involved pulled pork which was fantastic. Since we were very hungry upon arrival, we ask the waiter if we could have our cornbread while waiting on our order. He asked if we still wanted cornbread when the order was brought out, and we said sure. We didn't know until the check arrived that we were going to be charge an extra $2.00 for the cornbread. We have never been charged for bread before our meal at any restaurant - ever. We were disappointed in this sales tactic. I made the $2.00 adjustment at tip time - something I wouldn't have done if the waiter had made the charge clear up front. I know we won't return to this Famous Daves, but I will probably give other locations a try.

• Visited July 2013