“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Exeter, California
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Basic amenities -- quiet and clean room, comfortable beds. It's not the Ritz, but then again, you're not paying for the Ritz. It's definitely worth stopping here -- great value for the money. If you're traveling with dogs, do know that it's a walk across a large parking lot to get to a grassy area -- there's also an empty lot next to the hotel. We'd definitely stay again the next time we travel through the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to Montrose from Denver. We were in room 116 as my 78 year old father doesn't do well with stairs. There is no elevator in this hotel. Room 116 is the first room towards the right by the front desk next to the front parking lot. I was a little worried the freeway or front desk noise would keep me up. It could be that I was too tired to notice but something to be aware of for light sleepers. Room had two beds, desk and two chairs. Beds have white comforters which always seem more clean to me. Free breakfast with standard cold breakfast fare. Also can have hard boil eggs and a toaster to warm up bagels. Room where the breakfast is located is very small. Shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water. Staff seemed friendly enough. When you first walked into the room it had a bit of a smell but soon went away. Nothing that got me overly concerned. My biggest complaint is the lack of light in the room. There was a lamp on the night stand between the two beds and another one in the corner of the room by the table. Nothing in the closet or entry area. It was a bit dark to see in my suitcase. Not sure how they could fix it though. I would also suggest someone vacuum behind the night stand. The rest of the room was spotless but around the nightstand and behind it was really gross. If back in the area would probably stay again. It is on the high end of EcoLodge and way less than my go to Hampton in town. We stayed here for $68 and Hampton before taxes etc quoted me $130.

Trabuco Canyon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were driving through on Hwy 70 so a hotel not far off on a major exit is important. The location was easy, nearby restaurants provided some choice for dinner and the hotel's breakfast was good enough. The price was very moderate but the nicest surprise was how scrupulously clean everything was. The front desk puts out the same chocolate chip cookies as the Doubletree. Only caveat is the lack of an elevator to the 2nd floor BUT they can put you on the ground floor if you need it. I recommend you stay here for transit ease.

St. Peters, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I guess you get what you pay for and this is the case for the Econo Lodge. The hotel was supposed to be smoke free, but the hallway and our room smelled like cigarette smoke. The clerk was nice enough to spray and apologized for the smell, but was unable to move us because the hotel was completely booked. Breakfast was very standard bagels and muffins. The noise from the highway did not bother us at all even though we were pretty close (and I am a pretty light sleeper). We did enjoy the chocolate chip cookies in the evening.

Broomfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

For a $62 "senior rate" this was a GREAT motel. It's two stories with 50 or so rooms. I always try to get a room on an upper floor. That way you don't hear a lot of stomping around from people above you, if you're on a lower floor. The room was very nice, roomy and clean. It was very convenient to I-70 and there are lots of restaurants nearby. I was also able to get a room that was the furthest from the highway, so we didn't hear any traffic noise. The staff at the Econo Lodge was very friendly. The "free" breakfast wasn't much--cereal, limited fruit, OJ, milk, coffee and raisin bread. When I initially booked the room, I clicked through Trip Advisor to the Econo Lodge site. The first rate was $79 a night plus tax. That was the "senior rate" at the time. A few days before our stay, I checked the rate again and it was $62! I then cancelled the first reservation online, and immediately booked the room at the lower rate. I was a very happy fellow!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I made a choice to stay here based on current reviews & I'm a Choice Privaledges member as well. The good reviews were spot on. This motel is very clean & comfortable. Great staff: friendly & helpful. Good continental breakfast - even w/ a coffee machine that broke down that AM...the mngr went out & brought coffee in for the guests.

• Stayed June 2013
Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel presented itself well and the staff were excellent. The rooms were average size and clean. However, the hotel is next to I-70 and a busy gas station that could keep you awake if you were a light sleeper. The building has 2 floors. The half of the building closest to I-70 is real close, and the gas station could bother folks in the front of the other half of the building with traffic & lights. Also, in an apparent attempt to reduce noise from the reception/stairs/hallway area, there is a door at each of the four halves (top, bottom, left, right) which bangs a bit when it automatically closes and can be heard in the rooms adjacent to the door. Fortunately I had a room in the back in the half furthest away from I-70 and it was very quiet.

The breakfast was basic continental but I think you could make your own waffle (not sure). My stay here was pleasant but I was lucky with the room I got. Being a light sleeper, I would probably not risk staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge Grand Junction? Share your experiences!