“Typical Brewpub” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Toledo, Ohio
“Typical Brewpub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've based several vacation around visiting brewpubs and microbreweries so I my expectations aren't terribly high when visiting an unknown such as this one. This place is exactly what you'd expect for a brewpub in most of the US. The beers aren't terrible but they aren't particularly adventuresome either. They are just what the non-beer geeks are willing to drink. The waitstaff wasn't knowledgeable about the beers which was a bit of a disappointment as this is something that seems to be changing with brewpubs over the last several years.

The food is the typical bar food - burgers, wings, chicken, turkey, sliders, nachos. I really enjoyed my club sandwich (hard to mess that up!), but I also heard a complaint that the wings weren't fresh. No vegetarian options, for you veggies.

Everything was very fast and friendly. Prices were on-par with everything else around here. If you like brewpubs or want to watch the game, it's worth checking out. Otherwise, it's just another bar.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Monument, Colorado
“Rock The House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a fabulous place for brews and entertainment! The live band "Retrospectacles" playing on Saturday night on the outdoor patio was rocking hot and so much fun! Couldn't ask for a better night out to share with family and friends. Definitely going back to Rockslide Brewery for good times!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colrado
“Subpar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Brew house pub food is usually above average, but the sliders and nachos that we had here were disappointing. No exaggeration, the meat on the bacon cheeseburger slider was somewhere between the size of a quarter and a half dollar... more toward the quarter. If you get the sliders, go for the BBQ pork barbacoa. Those were the right size and tasty.

The beers were so-so, too. I enjoy a wide spectrum of microbrews and these were pretty "vanilla". Nothing special among the 4 tasters that my wife and I tried.

Looks like others have had good experiences at Rockslide, so maybe ours was an outlier, at least regarding the food.

We might try the other brewery up on 7th St, which some locals recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Newnan, Georgia
“Best iceberg wedge I ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We went there on a Wednesday afternoon for a late lunch. I didn't see a single vegetarian dish on the menue but It was no problem at all to order my salad 'without'. I had 'Iceberg wedge with house made blue cheese dressing' ($8.75). My husband had the seared sesame ahi tuna ($10.95) . The little one had grilled cheese with 'curled ' fries. Everything was very fresh and appealing. Out server was nice and quick. Unfortunately we couldn't try there house made beer . We'll do that next time. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Chat with Locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We sat at the Bar area enjoying our beers with great discussions with friendly Bar tender, Restaurant Manager and fellow patrons. The Brewery was very busy for late afternoon on a Saturday.

Visited July 2013