“Boring town, clean hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
England
“Boring town, clean hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Odd to see this large hotel sitting in the middle of nowhere on the edge of town. Highlight for me was that there was a free launderette which was gt after being on the road for a week with two children. Otherwise totally soulless, nowhere decent to eat. Clean and absolutely fine. A perfectly reasonable stopping off place for the night but not a destination. V hot so would had liked a pool.

Room Tip: In middle of nowhere so prob doesn't matter
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We spent a night in Grand Junction on our way to Durango and the Candlewood met all our expectations. The hotel is new and very clean, and close to many amenities we were looking for: gas, food and restaurants. If you wish to be close to downtown, you will have to select a different hotel, but if you do not mind be in a location a few miles away from downtown for your overnight stay, I recommend the Candlewood.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed only overnight but this is also a longer stay hotel. We had a nice suite with full kitchen with a nice view. The room was clean and comfortable and had everything we needed.There is someone at the front desk 24/7. Free laundry, you supply the soap and a little snack store in case you need an emergency snack. Close to food and stores. Pet friendly too!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
CandlewoodSuitesGJ0, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the next time we can serve your lodging needs in Grand Junction. Pets are always welcome with us at Candlewood Suites.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a new hotel in Grand Junction and not surprisingly it's pretty clean. The staff was friendly and the location was great, just off I-70 and across the street from the Mesa Mall and other restaurants. Also, about a 5 minute drive the CMU (formerly Mesa St College). Each suite has a full size fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, so you can pretty much take care of yourself as far as food and food prep goes. However, if you are looking for a pool and/or free breakfast, don't stay here. If you want a view of the Colorado National Monument, be sure to get an even numbered room and the higher the flood the better.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the Colorado National Monument, be sure to get an even numbered room and the h...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
CandlewoodSuitesGJ0, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for your feed back of the Candlewood Suites Grand Junction. We pride ourselves on customer service and cleanliness. The views of the Colorado National Monument are beautiful, especially in the morning. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.
Grand Junction
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

When the company I work for and who makes my business reservations when I travel handed me my confirmation for the Candlewood Suites, I wasn't sure what to expect since we stay with hotels throughout the Western Slope. I was actually so tired and late when I checked in for my 4 days, I didn't even bother looking around the lobby. However, when I opened the door to my room I was very surprised. Granted, the hotel is new, but my surprise was more than the newness. My room was laid out very well and seemed larger than most singles I've stayed in over the years. I was totally surprised to have a FULL SIZED fridge, range top, and large microwave. This was wonderful since I could walk a short distance to City Market and stock my breakfasts and dinners for the week and prepare them right in the room. That was definitely the highlight for me. In addition, there is nice desk space and hookups for laptops, and other things. Finally, and most importantly....the room was VERY quiet. This is in part because of the hotel's location set back from both 24 Rd and F Rd and in part because of the actual construction methods used (double sheet rock and insulation...I asked the manager) At any rate, the quality of my business stay was great and I know as I travel to the area I'll envy anyone in our company who gets to stay at Candlewood.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

What A nice Place, Great Front desk stafff
Great view of the Mts from the 4th floor

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the wonderful picture of the Bookcliffs. They are truly a site to see around sundown. We look forward to being your home away from home on your next trip.
Sandy, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

This place was new in July, 2010 and still feels new. The rooms are fully furnished with a full-size fridge, smooth cook-top, dishwasher, pots, pans, dishes, large microwave (stocked with free popcorn), large flat-screen TV, DVD player, etc. You can check out a DVD from a large selection at the front desk. Laundry machines are complimentary. I like the quiet HVAC. I have not heard a single extraneous sound during my stay yet. Oh yeah, I heard the ice drop into the bucket of the ice machine, scared the heck out of me. I turned the ice machine off and slept soundly in the comfy bed. There's a large, new grocery store nearby (City Market/King Soopers). If you forget something, they have a good selection of groceries and snacks at market prices downstairs here in what they call the Candlewood Cupboard. Stock your cupboards and stay awhile. You'll like it. Good, helpful staff here too.

Room Tip: Rooms are well insulated from each other, don't think it would matter. I'm on 4th floor and...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW? Share your experiences!