“vacation14” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Meridian, Idaho
“vacation14”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

If you are trying to save money and want a bed then it's an OK place to stay. The bed was very firm, which I like, but my wife doesn't like it that firm. It's close to liquor store, Denny's and Applebees and gas.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Do not even think about staying here. The place reeked of cigarettes even though the rooms were clearly marked non-smoking. The carpet was so gross I did not dare walk in my bare feet. The furniture was old and chipped. We inspected the beds for bedbugs and did not see any but left scratching. The beds were all sagging and old. The towels small and old. The bathroom was incredibly small and there were cigarette stains on the edge of the tub. The continental "breakfast" consisted of some soggy bagels and watered down coffee so we went out for breakfast. The place appears to be rented on a monthly basis to transients who hang around smoking all day long. The person living above us stomped around the room for hours until very late at night. I would not recommend this place EVER.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
oxford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Conveniently located near to the highway, this motel offers value accommodation. The rooms are gloomy (dark carpets/furniture/paint) and could do with refurbishing, but they are clean and well equipped with comfortable beds. There is also a small but clean swimming pool. The continental breakfast was simple but sufficient.
If you want something more classy, then pay more and get it. But don't pay these prices then grumble about what you didn't get

Stayed July 2014
Moab, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Didn't have a clue what we were getting into. on first glance it was close to the freeway. other than that it was a sordid excuse for a hole in the wall. The place was cheap but that is no excuse for the disgusting situation of our stay. There were burn marks on the bathtub, stains on the pillows, the toilet tank lid did not even come close to fitting, and my wife stepped on a toe nail. neighbors were up all night being noisy and even after the front desk was informed, they did nothing to resolve it. Seriously the owner should be ashamed and disgusted at the state of his motel. The whole place should be demolished and rebuilt, or at least hire a maintenance man that actually cares a little. This was the most foul place i have ever staid in and as a former marine that slept on the dirt of Iraq that is saying a lot. I better get a refund from this joke of an outhouse. Unless you are looking to buy drugs or ladies of the night do yourself a favor and stay away from this wreck

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I loved this motel. The beds were awesome, staff was friendly, there was a flat screen in the room, the price was fair, the furniture had changed from when we were here last October. We had an issue with a noisy neighbor but the manager took care of it right away. I will be back for sure. They are taking this motel in the right direction. :-)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Loveland, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Where do I start..well, 1st of all the place looks inviting when you drive by. I called and asked if they had rooms and the lady said they do. I stopped in the office and decided to rent a room for 1 night because I was too tired to drive thru the mountains that night. After I checked in I preceded to take my luggage upstairs. The hallway was so rotted that I almost fell through. They had green outside carpet that was torn in front of almost every room door from wear. Walked in and it smelled old. After I was in the room I started to close the curtains and a black guy saw me and asked if a Steven was staying in my room. That was weird. First thing I did was look for bed bugs (didn't see any that night). Let me just make a list: TV remote didn't work, furniture was so old that the finish was worn off, dresser knobs were all loose with 1 missing, out of 6 vanity lights 3 were totally different colors, bed sunk so bad in the middle that I thought I was being swallowed up, WiFi was sketchy, sink had no stopper, microwave door wouldn't close until after the 3rd time, floors were hella dirty around the edges. The next morning I took a shower and packed up everything and looked back on the bed to see if I missed anything and noticed a small black bed bug on the sheets. I immediately took off my shirt looking for bites. Fortunately, I didn't see any.
Your probably asking why didn't I just go back downstairs after I saw the room and demand my money back. I could barely keep my eyes open and was just to tired to search all over again so I decided to stay and get some sleep.
So as you can see...this place is a DUMP and you need to not walk but RUNNNNN the hell away from this place!! Stick with the brand name places Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, La Quinta Inns & Suites, etc. Not saying these places won't have problems, but they are kept up better and cleaner.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Smokers every place. On the steps, outside each door. If you love 2nd hand smoke, this is the hotel for you. You cannot get away from it, even in non smoking rooms. Nice bldg, nice staff, but smokers ruin it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Affordable Inns of Grand Junction? Share your experiences!