“Corporate Cookie Cutter hotel, with hard lumpy beds, and dirty carpet.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Cortez, Colorado
“Corporate Cookie Cutter hotel, with hard lumpy beds, and dirty carpet.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have spent 13 nights in December in 7 hotels... If I sound nit picky in my reviews it is because my husband and I have little patience for hotels that can't figure it out.

The Holiday Inn and Suites Grand Junction is one of those that didn't figure "it" out... and the empty parking lot and restaurant are testament to this.

First the good... the Pool has a total handicap accessible swing chair.
the jets in the hot-tub WORKED... (better than most Grand Jct. hotels)
the Pool area had lovely view of Bookcliffs
the Shampoo smelled good (lime coconut)

Now the not so good....

The bed felt like a pillow topped concrete block with lumps... a bit like camping without mosquitoes, I have seriously slept on the ground in tents and been more comfortable.

The pillows were clearly labeled "soft" and "firm"... besides the removable label there was no difference between all of them.

The carpet in the room hadn't been vacuumed for what looked like weeks, and I wrote "dust me" in dust on the bedside tables and television stand.

The hotel is very poorly designed and, while almost brand new, is showing bad aging already... the whole building seems very cheap and flimsy.. like a strong gust of wind might knock it over.

The flooring in the back hall and in elevator 3 is already badly worn, and shows just how ticky tacky the building materials are.

It is a boring suburban cookie cutter hotel, with thin walls, that allow freeway noise right in... of course being ten inches from the freeway doesn't help either.

It is in the middle of a suburban office "park" that looks like it would be more at home in orbit around Dallas, then in the beautiful Rocky Mountains... and while you can see it from the freeway just fine.. it might take awhile to actually find the driveway... unless you have lived in Grand Junction.

The staff was okay... the restaurant was totally empty all night, and every time I went past the front desk the cook was talking to the desk clerk... we went out of the hotel to a different restaurant because I didn't want to interrupt their visit.

Not worth the $52 Hotwire rate.. for a lumpy bed, dirty floor and gossiping staff too busy to look ready to work.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms are right next to the interstate... you will hear all traffic, on all floors... esp...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I am deeply disappointed to read your review and if you wish to share anything in more detail, I welcome your call. I can be reached by calling the hotel Monday through Friday from 9AM to 6PM. Our goal for every guest, every time is to exceed their expectations, make the visit memorable and to listen to their feedback. If you should give us another try, I trust that we will find a room or even a suite that meets your needs. We have a lot to offer so that your next visit should be a "WOW" experience. That is what we hope for!

Randy Rudd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Denver, Colorado USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

OK, we got a decent price from Hotwire for this hotel and it was just a one night stop on our way to Nevada which we do several times a year. The good: the clerk was pleasant, not nice-but ok. The room was spotless and big, especially considering the other hotels we have stayed in in Grand Junction. The bad: It was amazingly noisy. We got in at about 10pm after driving for many hours and we needed sleep. First, we had to listen to (presumably) children running and jumping off the beds onto the floor above us for about 2 hours. Next, we had an amorous couple in the room next door and we could hear EVERYTHING, at 10:40pm, 2:30am, and 3:40 am. (good for them, not so much for us) and finally, the big rigs going by practically under my window ALL NIGHT LONG. We were exhausted for the second leg of our trip and it was awful.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the North side on the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Holiday Inn & Suites, I apologize for the noise issues you encountered during your overnight stay.

Randy Rudd
ashland OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This Holiday Inn has been around a long time and shows a bit of wear and tear. It was very busy with football teams and international tourist tours but service was friendly. Ok for a quick overnight and close to the airport, although a bit tricky to find as it sits behind other hotels on a back street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Justin H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post valuable feedback to us and future travelers. Our hotel was built in 2009 and our staff does a great job of upkeep on maintenance through the usual wear and tear. We always appreciate feedback for any areas in which we can improve.

We provide a free shuttle service to and from the airport and cater to business, sports, and leisure travel.

We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back again soon.

Justin
Brentwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is clean, modern and the staff was very nice. They have a good bar and selection. We also had dinner there one night and breakfast another day - both were excellent. It is right next door to the Grand Junction Harley-Davidson dealer - the reason that we were in town. So the location was great for us. They allowed us to leave our trucks and trailers parked there while we rode for 8 days... Very accommodating!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the feedback! I was arriving to the hotel when you were returning from your trip. I believe you just beat the bad weather we had coming in.

We aim to give everyone a great experience when they are visiting us and glad we were able to accomodate your requests. I will let our staff know and we hope to see you on your next visit!

Justin
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

When I was a kid- we took family vacations and almost always stayed at a Holiday Inn. I hated the astroturf Green and bleached white everywhere, and the outdated ambience. That's what I was expecting when I found out that's what I got through Hotwire. But you know what? I walked in, and was blown away in a good way. Everything was modern and updated, the beds were comfortable,and I checked for bed bugs and did not find any!, the rooms were clean and serene, the staff was amazingly friendly and understanding of any concerns I had. Very supportive and they seemed genuinely interested in my experience there. My husband said the best time he had was spending time with our son in the pool and hot tub. Cleaned and modern, stocked with towels and secure. They had a little breakfast/cafe there and had decent food. If I had to gripe about anything it would be the noise from other guests which made it near impossible to sleep, which really isn't the hotel's fault- they did the best they could to mitigate the issue, but what do you do? The other thing was the location- it's kind of out of the way and a tad hard to locate, but I kind of liked that about it. All in all, I loved my stay there.
Thanks to the staff- they're the rock stars promoting the brand!

Room Tip: If you're a late night stomper, pick a room on the lower levels, and if you're an early-to-b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
flowerdD82
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were traveling from California to Colorado and mapped out where we would stay and sleep on the way. I found a great deal for the Holiday Inn in Grand Junction. The hotel was off the freeway a bit but I didn't mind at all since we would have to hear any freeway noise. The place looks relatively new. Very clean and well kept. Upon check in I asked for a refrigerator to but our road trip snacks in for the night. Unfortunately there weren't any rooms with any available. The wonderful receptionist upgraded us to a suite with a fridge so I would be able to keep my food! She also made sure the restaurant was going to stay open lat enough for us to eat dinner (we checked in around 9-9:30pm). The room was fabulous, a nice little treat after sitting in a car for 12 hours.
All pros in my opinion! Great room- clean, quiet and comfy! Nice restaurant- good food! Try the grilled caesar salad!! Wonderful customer service!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were expecting a nice hotel given the 3 star rating but we were very pleasantly surprised at the beauty of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk took out a map of the city and showed us several places of interest, another staff member walked by, saw we had a cooler and offered to fill it for us with ice from the kitchen. We were staying on the 4th floor so this was a nice gesture! Our room was a very welcome sight after a long day, it was beautifully decorated and VERY comfortable. There were children on our floor but once you were in the room in was quiet.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad one here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport? Share your experiences!