“Convenient to airport” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Grand Junction
ashland OR
“Convenient to airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This Holiday Inn has been around a long time and shows a bit of wear and tear. It was very busy with football teams and international tourist tours but service was friendly. Ok for a quick overnight and close to the airport, although a bit tricky to find as it sits behind other hotels on a back street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Justin H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post valuable feedback to us and future travelers. Our hotel was built in 2009 and our staff does a great job of upkeep on maintenance through the usual wear and tear. We always appreciate feedback for any areas in which we can improve.

We provide a free shuttle service to and from the airport and cater to business, sports, and leisure travel.

We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back again soon.

Justin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Brentwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is clean, modern and the staff was very nice. They have a good bar and selection. We also had dinner there one night and breakfast another day - both were excellent. It is right next door to the Grand Junction Harley-Davidson dealer - the reason that we were in town. So the location was great for us. They allowed us to leave our trucks and trailers parked there while we rode for 8 days... Very accommodating!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the feedback! I was arriving to the hotel when you were returning from your trip. I believe you just beat the bad weather we had coming in.

We aim to give everyone a great experience when they are visiting us and glad we were able to accomodate your requests. I will let our staff know and we hope to see you on your next visit!

Justin
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

When I was a kid- we took family vacations and almost always stayed at a Holiday Inn. I hated the astroturf Green and bleached white everywhere, and the outdated ambience. That's what I was expecting when I found out that's what I got through Hotwire. But you know what? I walked in, and was blown away in a good way. Everything was modern and updated, the beds were comfortable,and I checked for bed bugs and did not find any!, the rooms were clean and serene, the staff was amazingly friendly and understanding of any concerns I had. Very supportive and they seemed genuinely interested in my experience there. My husband said the best time he had was spending time with our son in the pool and hot tub. Cleaned and modern, stocked with towels and secure. They had a little breakfast/cafe there and had decent food. If I had to gripe about anything it would be the noise from other guests which made it near impossible to sleep, which really isn't the hotel's fault- they did the best they could to mitigate the issue, but what do you do? The other thing was the location- it's kind of out of the way and a tad hard to locate, but I kind of liked that about it. All in all, I loved my stay there.
Thanks to the staff- they're the rock stars promoting the brand!

Room Tip: If you're a late night stomper, pick a room on the lower levels, and if you're an early-to-b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
flowerdD82
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were traveling from California to Colorado and mapped out where we would stay and sleep on the way. I found a great deal for the Holiday Inn in Grand Junction. The hotel was off the freeway a bit but I didn't mind at all since we would have to hear any freeway noise. The place looks relatively new. Very clean and well kept. Upon check in I asked for a refrigerator to but our road trip snacks in for the night. Unfortunately there weren't any rooms with any available. The wonderful receptionist upgraded us to a suite with a fridge so I would be able to keep my food! She also made sure the restaurant was going to stay open lat enough for us to eat dinner (we checked in around 9-9:30pm). The room was fabulous, a nice little treat after sitting in a car for 12 hours.
All pros in my opinion! Great room- clean, quiet and comfy! Nice restaurant- good food! Try the grilled caesar salad!! Wonderful customer service!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were expecting a nice hotel given the 3 star rating but we were very pleasantly surprised at the beauty of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk took out a map of the city and showed us several places of interest, another staff member walked by, saw we had a cooler and offered to fill it for us with ice from the kitchen. We were staying on the 4th floor so this was a nice gesture! Our room was a very welcome sight after a long day, it was beautifully decorated and VERY comfortable. There were children on our floor but once you were in the room in was quiet.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad one here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were in Grand Junction on a Saturday night visiting the orchards in Palisade. We got off I70 at the exit we read on the sign but we couldn't find the hotel so we got back on I70 to search for another hotel. There were "NO VACANCY" signs all over town and finally we spoke with someone who directed us to the Holiday Inn and we got their last room! It was comfortable, clean and quiet even though it faced the west bound I70 entrance ramp. But, their handicap parking is far from the entrance and the water pressure in the shower was very low. There is no breakfast with the room although there is a restaurant. And it was a bit pricey. I would stay there again because of the cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I enjoyed my recent three day stay at this location. It is staff with friendly people who made me feel welcome. The room was clean and quiet. THe beds were comfortable...and the wireless internet was fine.
It is close to I-70 and 5 minutes from the airport.
I'd definitely reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tammy P, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a recommendation for our hotel.
I know when you are traveling it is hard to find a bed that is as comfortable as the one you have at home. I am happy that we met your expectations and you rested well.
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Grand Junction Airport