“Holiday Inn - Pleasantly Unexpected” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Denver, CO
“Holiday Inn - Pleasantly Unexpected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

When I was a kid- we took family vacations and almost always stayed at a Holiday Inn. I hated the astroturf Green and bleached white everywhere, and the outdated ambience. That's what I was expecting when I found out that's what I got through Hotwire. But you know what? I walked in, and was blown away in a good way. Everything was modern and updated, the beds were comfortable,and I checked for bed bugs and did not find any!, the rooms were clean and serene, the staff was amazingly friendly and understanding of any concerns I had. Very supportive and they seemed genuinely interested in my experience there. My husband said the best time he had was spending time with our son in the pool and hot tub. Cleaned and modern, stocked with towels and secure. They had a little breakfast/cafe there and had decent food. If I had to gripe about anything it would be the noise from other guests which made it near impossible to sleep, which really isn't the hotel's fault- they did the best they could to mitigate the issue, but what do you do? The other thing was the location- it's kind of out of the way and a tad hard to locate, but I kind of liked that about it. All in all, I loved my stay there.
Thanks to the staff- they're the rock stars promoting the brand!

Room Tip: If you're a late night stomper, pick a room on the lower levels, and if you're an early-to-b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
flowerdD82
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were traveling from California to Colorado and mapped out where we would stay and sleep on the way. I found a great deal for the Holiday Inn in Grand Junction. The hotel was off the freeway a bit but I didn't mind at all since we would have to hear any freeway noise. The place looks relatively new. Very clean and well kept. Upon check in I asked for a refrigerator to but our road trip snacks in for the night. Unfortunately there weren't any rooms with any available. The wonderful receptionist upgraded us to a suite with a fridge so I would be able to keep my food! She also made sure the restaurant was going to stay open lat enough for us to eat dinner (we checked in around 9-9:30pm). The room was fabulous, a nice little treat after sitting in a car for 12 hours.
All pros in my opinion! Great room- clean, quiet and comfy! Nice restaurant- good food! Try the grilled caesar salad!! Wonderful customer service!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were expecting a nice hotel given the 3 star rating but we were very pleasantly surprised at the beauty of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk took out a map of the city and showed us several places of interest, another staff member walked by, saw we had a cooler and offered to fill it for us with ice from the kitchen. We were staying on the 4th floor so this was a nice gesture! Our room was a very welcome sight after a long day, it was beautifully decorated and VERY comfortable. There were children on our floor but once you were in the room in was quiet.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad one here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were in Grand Junction on a Saturday night visiting the orchards in Palisade. We got off I70 at the exit we read on the sign but we couldn't find the hotel so we got back on I70 to search for another hotel. There were "NO VACANCY" signs all over town and finally we spoke with someone who directed us to the Holiday Inn and we got their last room! It was comfortable, clean and quiet even though it faced the west bound I70 entrance ramp. But, their handicap parking is far from the entrance and the water pressure in the shower was very low. There is no breakfast with the room although there is a restaurant. And it was a bit pricey. I would stay there again because of the cleanliness.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I enjoyed my recent three day stay at this location. It is staff with friendly people who made me feel welcome. The room was clean and quiet. THe beds were comfortable...and the wireless internet was fine.
It is close to I-70 and 5 minutes from the airport.
I'd definitely reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tammy P, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a recommendation for our hotel.
I know when you are traveling it is hard to find a bed that is as comfortable as the one you have at home. I am happy that we met your expectations and you rested well.
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Grand Junction Airport
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We did drive past the street trying to find this place. That was the only bad experience we had. Checking in was easy and the young lady at the front desk was friendly. She gave us a great recommendation for dinner in the downtown area. We wanted to get out of the hotel and see the town. Our room was clean and neat. We had a fridge and microwave. The TV was a flat screen. My Hubbie and son enjoyed the indoor pool while I enjoyed a free cup of coffee from the lobby and just enjoyed the peace and quiet. The next morning we had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. We were seated right away and our drink order was taken then too. The menu had cinnamon roll french toast that son loved. I had an omelet that was the perfect size and my husband had a breakfast calzone that was huge!

I wish all Holiday Inns were this nice!

i

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tammy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed our accommodations, amenities and services. We were humbled by your kind remarks.

My colleagues and I recognize the tremendous amount of lodging options available in our city. We are thankful you found us and honored for the opportunity to have earned your trust.

P.S I love the Cinnamon Supreme French Toast as well :) Mmmmmm
Frederick, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here with our 2 year old son for two nights. When we arrived at the hotel we were trying to get a side door open to load our luggage in. We asked a few of the cleaning staff if this door was guest accessible, they did not speak any english and walked off when we asked them. The hotel is nice inside, the suite was pretty nice but on the small side for a regular suite.

When we left in the morning to visit family, the cleaning staff was right outside our door at 8AM. When we returned to our room after 5PM, we realized nothing was cleaned, no towels, no trash emptied, etc. Called down to the front desk to ask why they didn't clean our room and ask for a cleaning, they said the cleaning staff leaves at 4:30 and nobody would come to clean the room. Finally after a few minutes of arguing one of the maintenance personnel (who was very nice) brought us some towels.

For as expensive as this hotel is I would expect better service and english speaking workers. We would have gotten better service at the Super 8 just down the road for 1/2 the price.

Room Tip: West side rooms are about 30 feet from the interstate.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tammy P, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Grand Junction Airport.
We take great pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your-or our own-expectations. Upon thorough review of this situation, we narrowed the cause to be a training issue with our Housekeeping team.
As a testament to strive for perfection, we have taken the steps to ensure the proper training to all of our housekeeping team.
We deeply value your relationship with the Holiday Inn & Suites Grand Junction and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.
If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, Please feel free to discuss it with us at tmower@mars-llc.com or call 970-242-5888 ext # 4003.
Thank you for your feedback.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport? Share your experiences!