“Quick Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
CARBONDALE
“Quick Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Good hotel for a quick night stay..close to airport.
Breakfast was pretty weak.. rooms look modern and nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
BUFFALO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

pretty average acomodations, did take pets but with fee. didn't partake of breakfast. dog walking area limited but clean

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Springtown, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Rooms where very clean, the whole motel seemed clean, the bad looking are is the "defunct" restaurant next door. The decor is a bit strange, you don't expect a Caribbean theme in the rocky mountains, other than that it feels like a motel that was likely in its prime in the late 80's.

Our room was clean, the beds where great, 2 separate sinks (one in the bath, one outside) which is convenient. Breakfast had more varieties of cereal than most, some time there where "commercial" eggs, other times the eggs where replaced with pancakes, also had juices, mini busquits with gravy and sausage and bacon, pastries. and bread, better than some.

Personally liked the balconeys, pool was very clean as was the common yard area for walking dogs ( had a box for puppy poooh..LOL

BTW.. The "do not disturb" sign for your door, only means "call the room" to the staff.

Didn't like how they "hiked" their prices on me for the weekend days. over $30!!, but this was common with the other motels I checked with. La Quinta want $179 a night!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I only stayed in this hotel because the Courtyard was sold out and it was one of the only 2 3 star hotels left. It was pretty clean just really old and does not really compare to the other 3 star hotels in the area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Provo, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were not planning on staying in Grand Junction, but it got too late to continue driving on to Denver so we used a discount website that hides the names of the hotels (Hotwire.com) to book a room. This website claimed the room was $100/night and marked down to $52....we took a gamble because we were literally only going to be staying for 8 hours. After booking the room and finding out it was the Ramada Inn, we checked around and this room did not retail anywhere close to $100/night originally-more like $79 at the most, so I was dissapointed with the website we booked through, but I guess we still saved twenty bucks. Let me just say that this hotel is what it is-a $52 room. The decor is very outdated (fake wild flowers in vials of fake water hung on the wall, chrome framed pictures, mauve appolstery, and light switches to turn the TV on), BUT the bed seemed new and was very comfortable, the sheets were clean, and so was the bathroom and I am very picky about the bed and bathroom being clean. Breakfast was ok-pancakes, biscuits & gravy, cereal, jiuce, yogurt.

So, if you are just staying to sleep and you can get a deal on one of the discount websites, I would recommend staying here. If you need a room for more than a night and plan to hang out at the hotel at all, I would look into spending more to stay in a more modern hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CHICAGO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The entire hotel need some serious refurbishment no matter lobby, breakfast area, or rooms, it seems like all they can afford is a flat screen TV in the rooms ! However, the room was decent in size, clean, with a balcony, wifi has good signal, bed is comfy better than the beds at Courtyard / Springhill Suites / Residence Inn / Fairfield Inn. At checkin Jade was friendly and helpful. I didn't expect Ramada would provide hot items for breakfast at all. The "hot" part of the breakfast consists of egg and sausage patties, mini biscuits with grits. (all of them are generic type, where you would see in a comfort inn or best western without the waffle maker) There is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, but it only runs until 10pm. My flight arrive at 11pm, so when I call they said I have to take a cab, there was no cab at all anywhere, but I found out it is just a 15 min walk to the hotel. Still, they should have mentioned that in their website. Overall not bad for $80 compare to hotels nearby are all over $110 even for Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
RamadaGJ, General Manager at Ramada Grand Junction, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
ORDnHKG, Thank you for your kind words and mentioning a staff member by name. That always helps us to praise those that excel and identify areas we can improve. There are many great ideas and renovations planned that have much of our staff and return guests excited about. One of which is the upgrade to our pool area with a new Gazebo. Many people have told us what a wonderful courtyard we have and how they would like to spend more time there, we hear you and are making some improvements. However we also realize that we are not a brand new property and cannot expect our guests to pay for that type of expectation. Instead we strive to provide a friendly, clean, and problem free stay. We are extremely close to the airport and in the future let us know your coming in late, we can try to keep the shuttle on or at least arrange for a cab to be there for you. Ramada is here to help make your stay easy and with the least inconvenience possible. Hope to see you next time your in town and remember to book Ramada.com
Littleton, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had to stay in Grand Junction on business. I checked in at 4:00 pm and worked at a local business until 3:00 am the next day. I got back to my room to find a large insect of some kind crawling across the floor. Horizon Dr lost power at around 6:00 am and it came back on at 7:30, but they were unable to get my air conditioning going again. It was mid July and near 100 degrees outside and about the same inside with no air conditioning. Unfortunately I had some work to do that required Internet access, so I had to stay until 10:00 am. Then to add insult to injury I saw a $10.00 fee tacked on to my bill when I checked my bank statement. They said that this was what it cost for me to plug in the refridgerator! Are you kidding me??!! To plug in the refridgerator??!! Will NEVER stay at this dump again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jeff, It is a terrible shame to hear about your stay at our hotel. Of course there is not much the hotel can do about losing power, however it saddens me that we couldn't find a way to make your stay better. The A/C not kicking back on after the power outage is hard to problem solve, however I would like to inform you that we are in the process of installing new A/C Heating units that will have a climate control function. The $10 dollar fee for plugging in the fridge is completely unacceptable! We unplug the fridges in the rooms as an effort to become more green. Many guests don't use them and so no sense wasting that electricity if it goes unused. However guests that choose to use this hotel feature should NEVER be charged for it. It is part of the room rental, as is the TV, hair dryer, and coffee maker. I will look into this issue closer and once again apologize for the misfortunes you encountered on your trip. Perhaps next time your in town on business you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you.

Been to Ramada Grand Junction? Share your experiences!