“usually good -- edgy -- interesting -- varied” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Avenue
whitewater colorado
“usually good -- edgy -- interesting -- varied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I felt I had to comment after reading several negative reviews. Well, one in particular would eat here every day -- but some were disappointed. Was I (we) there that/those particular nights? Every time I've been there (about TEN) No-Coast has been predictably (1) good, (2) friendly, (3) the sort of atmosphere ('vibes') which help make every visit unique; you pay more attention to everything than you would, ordinarily. that's it -- it's NOT 'ordinary'
okay: the food: you can tell each sushi/menu-item has been carefully prepared with individualized attention. the chefs know what they're doing -- sit at "the bar" and watch. and banter. liquor selection? try the suntouri "scotch" -- the various (from "house" to upscale) sakes; and much more.
go ahead detractors: "detract" --> i don't think No-Coast will change (for the less-than-better) any time soon. we plan to keep going there. cheers!

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bay Area
“Fresh and creative sushi! The freshest fish I've eaten off the coast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

On a mountain biking vacation we stopped in No Coast on the recommendation of some local bikers we ran into. Living in the bay area we know seafood and were very hesitant to have sushi so far inland, but the locals were convincing we would not be dissappointed. It had a very industrial look and a large sushi bar that I was able to see the fish as we were escorted to our table. Things were looking up. Our waiter was nice, attentive yet unnoticeable ( I hate when waiters try to converse with me). The wait for our sushi was a bit long but worth it. The sushi was amazing, as good as any we've had in California. Who thinks about dessert at sushi, the waiter talked us into their Chi Tea Creme Brulee, WOW! A great experience along our journey.
Jenny and Mike
10/08/10

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Junction, CO
“I would eat dinner here every night of my life if I could afford to eat out that often.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

I go to No Coast whenever I have extra money to dine out. The food is absolutely incredible and it's more fun than I remember Casa Bonita being when I was a kid. No Coast is like Casa Bonita for grown-ups except it has amazing food and no cliff divers. I took a friend of mine that was spending a week with me in Junction to No Coast on the first night he got into town. He got back from Afghanistan a few months ago and has been treated to lots of meals at all kinds of restaurants since his return, but he wanted to keep going back to No Coast while he was here. We ended up eating there 3 times that week! The sushi is better than any I ever had at upscale restaurants living in California (and way less $) and their specialty rolls are so delicious you'll be disappointed when you can't fit any more in your belly. The kitchen food is also out of this world and the cheesecakes and creme brulees are phenomenal (and made completely in-house). I highly recommend the "cougar" or the "white star" roll from the sushi bar and the seafood fritada or yakisoba from the kitchen. Don't forget to say yes to the free miso soup or to find out all about your food from the sushi chefs if you sit at the sushi bar!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Junction
“Worst restaurant I've been to in Grand Junction”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

We were first treated to a tiny bowl of the worst miso soup I've ever had- there was no seaweed, no tofu, and they didn't use enough bonito fish stock, so it was basically tasteless broth water. They don't give you a spoon with your miso, which is completely fine, but when I asked the waiter if he forgot the spoons, he talked down to me like I were an idiot, telling me just to drink it. I then ordered udon, and my girlfriend ordered some seafood tempura. The udon was not served in broth, was bland, and some of the noodles were undercooked. The tempura my girlfriend got was burned on the outside and cold in the middle- much like a 12 year old's first attempt at frying food. Frustrated with our dinner, we ordered sushi, which came out looking like the sushi chef had rolled it with his toes. My girlfriend ordered green tea, and the waiter returned with some strange beverage that was literally Hulk-green and tasted like he had scooped algae from the fish tank. We spent about 70 dollars at this dump. The wait staff is rude and snotty, the atmosphere is like a 80's new wave music video that won't stop.
Unless you are a trendy yuppy who doesn't have any tastebuds and doesn't know crap about Japanese food, I would recommend Suehiro's over this stinkhole any day.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Orange CA
“Put a little time and effort in training”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

Holy crap!!!! Ordered food to go. They charged me 12% gratuity.
Returned to my hotel room and they forgot the soy sauce. Had room service bring me some they brought it to me for free. With a smile so I tipped them. My 14yr old daughter rolls better sushi and knows how to cook the rice proper. She learned that from reading a Japanese cook book. Why grand junction must I continue to be let down. Next week I am going to have to go to the olive garden. Is there a good restaurant in junction??????

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere