“Great all inclusive resort close to Winter Park and Rocky Mountain National Park” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Silver Creek

You added Inn at Silver Creek to your Saves list
Inn at Silver Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   62927 US Highway 40, Granby, CO 80446   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Granby
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed in a loft that had been remodeled and was absolutely beautiful. We loved our accommodations and the ammenities provided by the hotel such as the pool, hot tub, workout room and restaurant.
We looked at the resort ahead of time and found the lodging offered by the hotel to be roughly $150 a night, but when we looked at vrbo.com for some owner units the cost was significantly lower. We chose to book our room through the owner at vrbo.com for around $30 less a night. I also heard from a friend that the owner units are updated where as the inn owned units have yet to be updated.

I recommend booking on vrbo.com instead.

Room Tip: Go to vrbo.com to make your reservation instead of the Inn at Silvercreek's website.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephanie T, General Manager at Inn at Silver Creek, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Inn and thank you for the great review. Certainly many of our owners who list their property on vrbo.com have updated units. However, many of our owners choose to list their unit directly with on-site management, and most are also fully updated. Booking direct also gives you access to additional unit options and special offers. Our website, innatsilvercreek.com shows availability along with photos of each individual unit, so you can see in advance what you are booking. Whichever way you book, we hope to see you again soon to enjoy the wonderful accommodations and many amenities the Inn at SilverCreek has to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed in a 2 queen bed room for just 1 night and didn't use the pool or hot tub which were outdoors. The room was small, but had a closet and armoire. The bathroom was separate with a door which is always good. The room was adequate, but dated as others have said. The beds were not very comfortable, neither my husband nor I slept very well. It seemed like it should have been a lot less expensive given it was in Granby and we were going to Winter Park to ski. Granted some people stay in Granby to go to Sol Vista. We stayed there Feb 22, it was not president's day weekend and it didn't seem very full.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Escondido, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Overall, the resort was a nice stay. I was a little disappointed with the fact that I called numerous times ahead of our visit to request that we face the front side of the resort, a much more scenic view than the back (parking lot) side. I had done my research! I called the front desk who told me they were unable to take specific requests and referred me to the reservations department. For a while, their phone system was down. When I was finally able to leave a message, they didn’t call me back until the day before our arrival and told me at that point, I would need to contact the front desk since it was within 24 hours of check-in. I called the front desk and they said that I would have to call reservations. Ugh! Needless to say, we did not end up on the side of the resort I would have liked and instead we had a lovely view of the parking lot and the local McDonald’s! (And from the amount of cars in the parking lot, they were not full to capacity and could have easily put us on the side we requested upon check-in.) Oh well. I don’t let minor details like this ruin my trip. It’s just frustrating when I try to prevent these minor inconveniences ahead of time and it just doesn’t work out!

I liked the overall feel of the resort; it had a nice mountain lodge vibe to it! Stuffed bears in the lobby and all! We had a 2-level, 2-bedroom layout, with a fireplace, full kitchen and balcony. My in-laws slept in the bedroom downstairs, while my husband and I had the bedroom loft upstairs. The beds were fairly comfortable, but the units are in desperate need of a make-over. The furniture and decorations look as if they've been there for at least 2 decades! I found a few maintenance problems that were simply left undone in our unit! (A piece of plastic siding was placed over the bottom of the tub, where there was obvious rot from previous water damage. There was an open hole in the ceiling above our bed upstairs with exposed wires hanging out. And under the sink in the bathroom was a hole (probably also from water damage) with insulation hanging out from the wall.)

The resort is equipped with an outdoor-indoor pool, indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, a fitness center, arcade, salon and laundry facilities. There is also a restaurant on-site, but we never ate there. We frequently cooked meals in our unit and we ate out in the surrounding towns when we were on our various adventures. Plus, the reviews online didn’t convince us to want to give it a try.

Conveniently located across the street from the resort is City Market, the town’s main grocery store. They had everything you would need, except liquor and wine (but there was a liquor store located in the same little shopping center).

All in all, it was an ok stay at the Inn at Silvercreek. I slept well; the little kitchen had everything we need to prepare meals in-unit and the Inn was in a good location. I think they need to take the advice of several of the reviewers on here and make some much-needed upgrades.

Room Tip: As I mentioned in my review; there is definitely a more desirable side of the resort. Despite my eff...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Camp Point, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I chose Silver Creek to take our children and grandchildren on what might be a trip of a lifetime. We stayed for four nights. We had a studio and a Master Suite and spent about $1800. The furniture in our master suite was very outdated. Im thinking from the 90's. A standard pizza pan wouldn't fit in the oven. We wanted to watch a dvd on our tv but it was so old that it predated dvds. When my husband lost his house slippers in the locker room they charged us $24.72 to send them back to us by ups. I checked with our local post office and she could have done it for about $5.00. When I called to see why it was so much the lady at the front desk said it was a handling charge. Couldn't it been included in the already $1800 we spent on rooms?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Coldspring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had three people in this end unit condo. A sleeper sofa, a Murphy Bed. a dining table and a fully appointed studio kitchen! (Full sized Fridge, Microwave, Range, Sink, DISHWASHER!) Right across the highway from the best supermarket in town. We had a very nice stay. The room was warm and cozy. The staff was outstanding! Laundry facilities in the hallway, about 6 doors from the room. Ample parking. A short drive into Granby and Winter Park. Clean spacious bath, with a Jacuzzi tub! We will ALWAYS stay there when in Granby!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Centre, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Tried to cancel the last day of reservation at 9:00AM on Friday. Check out was originally for Sunday. Was told by Rachel that since I had paid in full and it was less than 24 hrs notice that I couldn't get a refund. Pretty sure that's more than 24 hours. When I asked if she could do anything she just said, "no, that's our policy". No apology. I spent a lot of money to stay here and was penalized for paying in advance. Who does that?!? Husband went to front desk and another woman said she would credit our last day back. So Rachel doesn't know what she's talking about or they are sexist toward women?? Can't recall a time I've ever been treated like this. Will return to area but won't be staying here ever again.

Stayed December 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We traveled here in October and stayed in a studio loft as part of an RCI timeshare exchange. The room was a little dated but clean and cozy. It was nice having a fridge and kitchen area for the week. The shower stopped working one morning but someone came and fixed it within 5 minutes of calling the front desk. We had a lot of fun playing games in the arcade (they have pinball and air hockey!) and soaking in one of the 4 available hot tubs every night. There were some really great hiking trails within walking distance of the resort. The location is great, close to the national park and a close drive to a bunch of other towns and parks. What a beautiful area. Oh! And there's a gas station and grocery store right across the street which was very convenient.
The highlight for me was sitting in one of the outdoor hot tubs while the snow was gently falling all around us. We had a very nice, relaxing, fun week at this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn at Silver Creek? Share your experiences!