“Very noisy” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   62927 US Highway 40, Granby, CO 80446   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Granby
“Very noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at the inn last week, they gave me a suite which was nice enough, though is more of a studio than a suite, with a wall bed. The main issue was noise. I could hear probably the 8 rooms around me. So loud that I stepped out of the shower, thinking that someone was in my room. Even worst when anybody uses the water.
In fact, they gave me a new room because on the first one, the toilet water of the room two floors up and across the hall was making noise that I could hear!

I would never return there, or at least not without some serious ear plugs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The good - rooms are clean, corner room has windows on two sides with lots of light. What looked like new rugs on the floors. We were in what would be a one room suite but it was essentially a lockoff with the kitchen living room that could be rented with the pullout sofa and a hotel room with a nice bathroom with a tub and shower. Both rooms had two doors, with a patio off them but the patio was basically on the parking lot. The kitchen/living room had four burner stove, full size refrigerator, small dishwasher, dining room table. There is a supermarket just across the street and it is a twenty minute drive to the three lakes and five minutes more to the gorgeous Rocky Mountain National Park

The bad. Jacuzzi tub with not even a broken button to try pushing. Nice big tub though. The far end of each of two wings is a very long walk to the lobby where they have barely passable wireless internet. There are about 100 rooms per floor per wing, or about 600 total in this three story hotel. There seem to be two washers and driers per floor, one per wing. I say that to be kind, as I searched throughout the first floor and found only one but I did not thoroughly search the upstairs. Ridiculous for a condo building with this many units.

Room Tip: Southfacing rooms look onto grounds and pool. Northfacing look onto parking lot. It is pretty line...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Got a room for my wife and I for a wedding. The place is old, our room was on the small side, the decor was dated, but it was clean and affordable, and we enjoyed ourselves. We would have liked it if they had a breakfast, and while we did not use the pool it looked just fine. We did not hang out there too much, but we would go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Buena Vista, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We didn't pick this place. It picked us. It was part of a wedding party at a ranch a ways away, so many of the folks stayed here and were shuttled north. (nice, after all that celebratory drink.) But, wow, was it ever a beat up, dingy, way-past-its-prime ski condo on a corn dog stick. (Bad analogy, but you get the idea...) It rained and the roof leaked so we had to dance around the wet carpet. All the furniture was beaten up by boots and errant bindings. When the fridge door came completely off the hinges and hit the floor, that capped it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here twice. The inn has seen better days - it is huge and probably would cost a fortune to modernize. There is nothing special or spectacular here. Those days were probably 20 years ago. They have not kept up with basic technology that you see almost everywhere now-- in- room Internet access is not available -- please go to the lobby area for that. Two channels on analog tv. Dated mirror column decor ; bland,odd decor- an old, sad stuffed polar bear in lobby ( what does a polar bear have to do with anything around Colorado?). I dont like to see people's trophy animals on display anyway---but if u need to do that- they should not be disfigured and they should have some local relevance) Thin walls. No real restaurant service this time of year, No breakfast. Just so bland and outdated- not a bad place-- just dont get your expectations up . The persons working here are congenial and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012
Saint Joseph
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

About 50 family members gathered here early this month (from Wi, Ca, Mo, Tx & NM). Overall we were pleased. Our rooms were not as close to each other as we would have liked but we had reserved one of their meeting rooms for the week so we knew we could always find someone there. Staff was very accommodating. Close to Winter Park and Grand Lake - both bigger towns than Granby. There is a very nice grocery store just right across the highway. We could go out to eat or cook in our rooms. Each day we rec'd clean towels and had our trash emptied which I was not expecting. We were not real impressed with the on-site restaurant altho we only tried it once. Wi-fi in (huge) lobby and in meeting rooms. Only thing I was disappointed in was that our unit just had a small dorm size refrig. Most of the other rooms had larger ones. As I had brought alot of food that was inconvenient but I should have asked ahead of time. Also we just had a toaster oven - not a reg oven :( There was a microwave, and small stovetop. Comfortable bed. Clean facility. No air conditioning which may not be a problem usually but this was during an unusually hot spell. Each room has a small patio or balcony. We were on the 1st floor so we could not leave our door open at night and our window was nailed shut. So at night it was a little stuffy/warm. Again if temps had been 'normal' this would not have been an issue. There was a ceiling fan and another small fan. Reasonable prices for rooms. Many of the units are owned by people who allow them to be rented out so I imagine amenities are different but our unit was very up to date. I realize this review is a little disjointed but just jotting things down as I think of them. There is an outdoor pool and some exercise equipment which some of our group used but I did not.

Room Tip: If you care about kitchen facilities ask about size of fridge and if there is a full kitchen. This...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have been on family vacations at Silver Creek for over 20 years and it has not changed a bit, so yes it is quite outdated. I went again last year because my grandparent's timeshare is still in the family and was surprised at how much fun I still had there. We met a lot of new young owners in the hot tub/pool who were really excited about their new venture. We brought up our own food and alcohol and had a great couples weekend. This is the perfect place people who don't want to spend a fortune to stay in the mountains. This is not a good place for those with "resort" style expectations, it's cheap so you get what you pay for. Expect average and have fun!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Inn at Silver Creek? Share your experiences!