“glad we stumbled on this place” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bakery
Description: Owner is Ian Daughtery, 970-887-1176. Follow your nose and tastebuds...I am NOT Ian or related, but my mouth is watering thinking about his fresh out of the oven cinnamon rolls.
Michigan
“glad we stumbled on this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We were driving through Granby, heading back to Michigan after visiting RMNP and wanted a local place to stop for breakfast/coffee. Our GPS told named this place up ahead so we stopped. So glad we did. It was small and nothing fancy but after walking in we were immediately enticed by all the tasty looking things. The girl working behind the counter was super friendly and accommodating. We ordered a warm and fresh cinnamon roll and a breakfast sandwich on a fresh croissant. Both of them were DELICIOUS!!!!! And then we got free coffee besides. Sure wish we lived closer to this place. I would recommend it to anyone I know traveling to that area.

• Visited September 2011

Colorado
“Yummy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011 via mobile

Love the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and cinnamon rolls! Thanks Ian

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011 via mobile

We were searching for some pastries on the way to Rocky Mountain National Park. Great service, friendly, and mouth watering baked goods on display. The blueberry popover was to die for as was the strawberry cheese croissant and I can't say enough about the cinnamon roll!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sand Springs, Oklahoma
“The Best Bakery Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband and I vacationed in Granby this spring and Ian's Mountain Bakery was one of the highlights of our trip. We discovered his little cafe the second day of our trip and we didn't go anywhere else to eat for the rest of the week! His baked goods are to die for - the triple berry scones were my personal favorite (made with huge fresh berries and lots of butter!) and my husband loved the scrambled egg and sausage pastries. And he also offers lots of other options for meals throughout the day: HUGE breakfast burritos covered in green chilli sauce or gravy, humongous pulled pork sandwiches, amazing pizzas...oh, and don't forget to try some cheesecake, which comes in several varieties. Ian knows all about the area, and the locals all eat here. He's a really friendly guy who seems to know everyone who walks into his shop. Oh, and he also offers great coffee! (free coffee with a meal purchase or really good lattes etc. for sale.) PLEASE skip the recently built starbucks in Granby and drive a little farther north to Ian's - it will be so worth it! In response to one reviewer who commented that he closes at 2pm, that is no longer the case. In our experience, he was now keeping his shop open until 7pm, so dinner is available too. If you are anywhere in this area (Sol Vista etc.) your trip will not be complete without a stop an Ian's! We can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Louisville, KY
“Very Good Cinnamon Rolls and Raspberry Scones”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

Went to Granby, Colorado on vacation in June 2011 and went to Ian's after I read reviews here on tripadvisor. The Cinnamon Rolls and Raspberry Scones we ordered were great. Looks like Ian's is not open on a regular schedule as it was closed on a few occasions when we drove by going to RMNP/Grand Lake (during normal business hours) - so you may want to call ahead to make sure he is open. Ian was very nice to us and based on that and the good baked "goods" I can see how the locals would be loyal to him. Give Ian's a try - you will like.

• Visited June 2011