“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We checked into the Days Inn in Golden, Colorado on 7/5/2014 after spending the day at Golden car show and cruise. The young man at the desk was very cordial and quickly checked us into our room without any issues. As we had read some negative reviews with this hotel, we were a bit apprehensive prior to our arrival, however, were pleased to find the room was very comfortable and clean. Even though we did not use the swimming pool, we were located on the ground floor right next to it and the area appeared very clean, with all of the amenities one would expect at a hotel pool. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great. Even though there was no continental breakfast, there is a nice little café on the premises at which we enjoyed the friendly staff and a really great breakfast with 10% off, since we were staying at the hotel. We understand that the hotel is currently updating so our only suggestion would be that, while in the process, the exterior doors be made accessible only with a room key for a bit more of added security. We will definitely return to this hotel the next time we're in Golden.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with a king size bed - the room was very spacious and on the first floor next to...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra K
peerd54, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, July 11, 2014

Olathe, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

There was no work table/desk in the room.
Wi-Fi dropped signal about 20 feet from the room.
I guess with no computer connection they figured that a work table/desk was not needed.
The room was booked as a ADA accessible room, the shower was not up to ADA specifications. If I was taking a bath the grab bars in place would have been ok but I have not taken a bath in years only showers. There was no free breakfast just a 10% discount at the attached restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lee66061
peerd54, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
If there was an issue with the Wi-Fi did you call ETS (they manage the network) or the front desk to have them call ETS? I have fiber and 10 Mbps. How crowded was the hotel? Was one of the other guests using a bit torrent server (which is strictly prohibited under the terms of use) which can use up most of the bandwidth? I have seen this and reported it to ETS and the guest is banned from the network as their Mac address is visible and it is blocked. It is really rather selfish but hey, that’s America today.

Our handicapped rooms all have grip bars and two of the rooms have roll in showers. I believe it complies.

There should be a desk and or work table in every room. If you did not have one my housekeeping department should have noticed it and informed maintenance. I apologize and will try to trace your room number.

Please see the other responses regarding the breakfast.
Grayson, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Nothing overly positive or negative to say here, just a decent place to spend the night. Room was clean and shower worked well. Was disappointed that pool didn't open til 10am and no continental breakfast. Tad expensive to have no breakfast provided but otherwise okay.

Stayed June 2014
Loveland, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This hotel has gone downhill, used to love it. The hot tub jets did not work, my room (with desk advertised) had no desk, there was no knob on the heater/ac and the heat never worked. The pool & hot tub don't open until 10am, checkout is 11am. Breakfast is available in an attached restaurant, only coffee is complimentary. I will not go back nor do i recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank RkyMtnMomma
I am sorry you were disappointed. Why would I be otherwise?

Did you receive my front desk manager’s inquiry, as I am very interested to know in what room you stayed. The only people from Loveland to stay in the last month were in a rooms that have either a desk and or a work table. The PTACs were also working with no missing knobs. Obviously if there is an issue I want it corrected.

What is the optimal time to open the pool and hot tub? We have used 10:00 AM as a compromise. When it was either an earlier opening and or a later closing there were noise complaints.

In the mornings it was children playing and screaming (which is what children generally do in and around a pool) or later at night where we usually had loud adults who weren’t particularly concerned about the tranquility of the other guests. You tell me!

The breakfast was never included at this hotel, as there is a restaurant on premise and the brand does not require both. I have stated and repeated this numerous times.

The hot tub jets work. I checked them myself.

Travelers are raving about these Golden hotels

Golden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We woke up with itchy eyes, stuffy noses and sore throats. Visible quarter inch of dust behind the beds. My husband's trachea was so irritated that a esophageal reflux exacerbation caused chest pains during our trip into the high mountains - symptoms of angina? Only a trip to the emergency room and a subsequently delayed trip home could resolve our fear. So, based on that; it wasn't a good hotel for us. I know dust (and who knows what else) is a problem for many hotels, but the days inn seemed to be one of the two worst hotels we ever slept at. And we always stay at hotels ranked 2-stars to 3- stars, as used by priceline.com.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

peerd54, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
I apologize for dust in the room. Dusting is part of the daily routine of the housekeepers. I will certainly show your comment to my housekeeping manager and supervisor to address any failures in execution.

I can’t comment on the about the correlation you were attempting to draw regarding dust, esophageal reflux exacerbation, and angina, as I have no medical qualifications. You intimated that your fear was resolved meaning there wasn’t a correlation?
La Junta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

enjoyed our stay. great café on site. very nice and quiet courtyard; great fun to watch the cottontail bunnies mow the grass.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

peerd54, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Bevds:

Nice to read that your stay was positive.

The rabbit population, I have noticed to be larger than in recent years. I cannot tell you why.

Thank you very much for the positive review and your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golden
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden
Courtyard by Marriott Denver West / Golden
Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood
Baymont Inn And Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver West - Golden

Been to Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver? Share your experiences!