“Hotel Stay” 5 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   15059 West Colfax Avenue, Golden, CO 80401   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Golden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

1) The florescent lamp above the sink would not illuminate when the switch was turned on. I placed 2 requests on successive days at the front desk to have the lamp repaired / replaced but neither request resulted in a repair. I gave up after the second request after I discovered that the light would come on after a sometimes lengthy delay. So my workaround was to turn the switch on and leave it on all day, eventually the lamp would light.
2) The fitted sheet on the bed did not fit the mattress. The mattress was an extra thick style but the fitted sheet was a for a standard thickness mattress. Upon waking up each morning, I found that the "fitted" sheet had slipped off the mattress corner and I was actually sleeping on the mattress pad.

Room maintenance seemed to suffer from a lack of attention to details.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

peerd54, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Paul H. I apologize for the problems that you refer to in your review.

I am assuming (and this could be wrong because I do not know for sure) that you may have stayed in one of the rooms in which I replaced the mattress, as all mattresses have not been replaced. If the sheet did not fit, it sounds as though the old sheets, which are too small, may have been used. The new mattresses are taller than the old by 3-4 inches. It does not preclude me with speaking to my housekeeping manager (which I have done) to remind the housekeepers about making sure the right linens match the new mattresses. It should be obvious while making the bed, but in your case it sounds as though it was not.

As far as the delay with the vanity light coming on, we are addressing this problem now. In some rooms the ballasts need to be replace or I need to replace the old fixture (requiring a ballast) with a fixture that does not require one. We have experimented with this in some of the bathroom fixtures and the outcome has been good.

I keep a spreadsheet will all of the maintenance tickets. I would very much like to know why the problem was not addressed. I think my maintenance guys are responsive during the presence on the property. If not I need to know who worked what day, what time and date the request(s) was made and if it was not responded to in a timely fashion, why not.

Thanks for the comments and your business.
Woking, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed for one night after arriving into Denver from UK. Easy to find from the airport and, more importantly, from the I-70 exit. People on reception pleasant and helpful. Rooms are in a separate block to Reception. Was able to park near entrance and there was a lift to 3rd floor. Room was fine and everything was clean. The bed was very comfortable (very firm). There was a fridge and microwave in the room plus an old-school tv. Free wifi which worked well. I also saw an outdoor pool and an exercise room. I didn’t try either of them. Bathroom fine – good shower. There is a restaurant on site where I had a very good breakfast.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Mumontour08

I appreciate the kind comments. We try to keep things simple here and provide the basics in a fundamentally sound manner. It sounds as though we succeeded during your stay. I continue to do incremental upgrades as I am able to afford.

I might even extend an invitation to Gordon Ramsay to visit my property. Just kidding!

Thanks for your business.
GRAND JUNCTION
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent one overnight on business. Convenient location off I-70. Great front desk service and understanding of government rates. Room faced the courtyard with a bit of traffic noise, which is understandable given its location. Spacious room, but snug bathroom for a bigger guy. Average bed...just not as comfortable as home. Adjacent to a convenience store for easy snack run...it also has a Redbox. Was able to use the free wifi in the room, with some interruptions. Overall good value and convenience for a short stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

peerd54, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Glad to hear you found value staying at the hotel. Please email me so I can find out the location of your room (to see which AP you were on).

I would like to have the business that manages the wireless network look into the interruptions, by examining their logs, to determine the nature of the interruptions.

Thank you for your business.
Alma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel and staff were very pleasant. I actually made the reservation for the wrong day, but night clerk swapped for the night I actually needed, with no issue. Room was very clean and quiet, and location (for our itinerary) was excellent. Would definitely stay at this hotel again. Kudos to the staff for making our stay very pleasant.

Room Tip: Very good facility with very good rates. Easy access to I-70 and the west Denver/Golden areas.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
peerd54, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
It is good to hear that either Matt or Tyler were able to work with you regarding the problem with your reservation. I assumed you booked with us directly. If issues do arise when booking outside of the Wyndham channel it can be more problematic to solve certain problems.

I am glad you found the hotel clean, pleasant, and conveniently located nearby to the location of your reason for being in the area.

Thank you for your business.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver? Share your experiences!