“Quiet as a mouse” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Golden
Lake Havasu City
“Quiet as a mouse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Even though this location is directly adjoining both Interstate 70 and Colfax Ave we did not hear a thing in our room. Both of these major roadways have traffic 24 hours a day. Once we closed our window it was like we were in the middle of nowhere. I would recommend this location over all others that I have stayed in for this part of town. Great job.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

peerd54, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that your stay with us was so great! We hope next time you are in the area you choose to stay with us again! Thank you again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
SF Bay Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed for one night in early September 2012. I wanted something close to Red Rocks (about a 15 minute drive) but some place that was easy to get to central Denver. The rate was unbeatable, and while you generally get what you pay for, I found this place to be pretty good for the rate I paid. I was granted an early check-in, and was offered a room on any of the floors, and the front desk gal was very pleasant.

As I generally travel solo, I was concerned with the fact that there is no keycard required to enter the buildings. I was especially concerned about this when I was given a room on the second floor, adjacent to the elevator and staircase. No problems, thankfully, but this is a security measure they really ought to implement. Additionally, the front parking lot was pretty full when I arrived at 10pm after a long day out, and I had to park in the lot that is closest to the property next door. As this was at night, I was concerned that there was not enough light in this area of the parking lot.

I got a great night's sleep on the king bed (probably a little too firm for most people, but just the way I like it) and the TV in the room offered HBO, which is always a plus. The amenities in the room were few, but the mini fridge was a nice touch. There is a non-working safe in the room as well, not sure what that's about. The in-room WiFi works well and is speedy. I did not have a chance to use the exercise facilities or the pool/spa, but they all looked well-maintained.

The adjoining cafe (Daybreak, I believe it's called) looks to be closed, as the sign is broken and dark, but I was assured they were open, and was handed a 10% off coupon at check-in. I did not have a chance to eat there to find out if their claim of "best breakfast" was true.

The hotel is located very close to shopping and restaurants, and many big-box stores, as well as an outlet mall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second or third floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for writting a review of our property! We try our best to offer a great rate for this area and we are pleased that you thought it was a good rate! We are doing some research on getting key card locks for all of our entrances so hopefully we can get that up and going soon. We recently bought a bunch of new mattresses and we are slowly trying to get them put into every room and we are upgrading our double beds to queen size beds. In regardes to the safe in the rooms we do have keys available at the front desk if you would like to lock up any valubles in your room safe, you just need to ask for it at check in or at some point during your stay at no charge. Thank you again and we hope you come back and check out our new mattresses, room upgrades, and hopefully you have a chance to eat in our delicious restaurant!
Breckenridge, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night because it was near a wedding we were attending. We lived about an hour and half away from the wedding and we did not want to drive home super late because it's up windy mountain interstate.

Room - Clean and neat. Bed was comfortable, sheets were soft. Air conditioning worked great.

Hotel - It is just your average hotel, however, definitely better than a Motel 6 for sure! Definitely more clean, and more staff around to help you feel secure.

Security - I would recommend some changes or standards be put in place. My husband and I locked both of our hotel keys in our room. We went to the front desk and asked for a new key and told them why (briefly). They said "OK! What's your room number?" And quickly gave us the key and we walked away. I was so shocked they did not ask for identification or anything! Also, it was a different person than the one who checked us in - so that's not an excuse either. Honestly, as a young woman, if I were staying there by myself, I would have left at that point knowing they would give my key to anyone... Luckily, I was not by myself and I knew my husband could protect me if needed.

Otherwise, overall, it wasn't bad and we were pleased with our experience. I would recommend this hotel for short stops or a pit-stop on a road trip if you're on a budget.

Room Tip: King + Sleeper sofa is enough room for 3/4 to sleep comfortably for a night on the road.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
peerd54, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Yes ma'am the agent erred as I wrote in my email to you. It is against our policy to give out keys without some form of identification. It defies basic common sense. I apologize that this was the cause of consternation to you and I do appreciate your bringing this matter to my attention.
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I paid 20.00 cash for early check in and found out after I returned home that my card was also charged thiso fee. I talked with the manager on the phone and by email. He told me he had a video of my check in and emailed me a blank with no sound twice. He threatened to turn the vidio over to the police. I asked him to please do so as I would be in the area twice per month and would like to stop by and watch it. He was a donkey and my money was never returned to me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I suggested to the front desk manager that you call the Jefferson County Sheriffs office and file a complaint. This will prompt a deputy to come to the property to view the video in question. They in turn will provide detail about what they saw, in a report and send it to you. You can then talk to the deputy as well for confirmation. The video never shows an exchange of cash. It does show you taking out and returning cash twice to your person. The folio shows a credit card charge only which is correct.

I understand that seeing is believing. There has to be a solution such that you are able to see what we here at the hotel have seen. I am open to any suggestions. You mentioned you would be in the area. You are welcome to view it.

I am sorry that I am not technologically competent enough to be able to convert the avi (video) file (which is not native to window operating systems) to some universal media player. I cannot play the video on my own laptop that has window media player 11 with a windows 7 OS. I downloaded a variety of codec programs (of which there are many and translate the file into a digital image) none of which I got to work. It is viewable using Windows XP pro. I cannot answer your question as to why the copy we emailed to you is not viewable. Surf the internet. See what you can come up with other than making assertions without solutions.
Dublin, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Seriously thougt of demanding our money back as soon as we visited the room! After seeing the cleanliness of the room, we did not even consider eating breakfast here! No keycard was required to get into the hotel, which is probably why the ice machine is located only on the second floor. The room was disgusting! The only pleasant part of staying here was the rabbits in the parking lot and surrounding grass.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
peerd54, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
I am sorry that you did not like the hotel. You chose not to speak with any manager or anyone on staff and voice your concerns. Someone is available 24 hours a day . We listen and try to accommodate our guests’ reasonable requests.

Also, there are ice machines on all three floors.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel is in a good location for the Golden area. Short drive to Red Rocks, downtown Golden, amusement park, and a good size shopping area. Friends we traveled with also took day trips out in the mountain areas for hikes and sight seeing. The hotel is well used, but I never felt uncomfortable. It isn't the Hyatt or Westin. It is a Days Inn. It is less expensive and you do get what you pay for. However, the staff was always helpful and courteous. I did ask the front desk when some noisy neighbors were going to be checking out, and they had the group move to another room. I appreciated that. The housekeeping staff always had a smile and good morning for you. We ate in the coffee shop every morning and it was fast and good food, but it is pretty hard to mess up breakfast. I witnessed the pool being serviced and decks being cleaned and chairs being straightened up. We used the pool one afternoon. It was pleasant on a 90 degree day and I had even commented to friends about how clean it was for the use it got. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a suite for just a few more dollars that overlooked the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
peerd54, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
I think that your fundamental characterization of the property is quite accurate. We are a budget property that tries hard to provide simple clean, comfortable rooms and neat public areas. The staff is a polite and hard working group of folks, who try very hard to accommodate reasonable requests by the guests. The hotel could not operate without them.

Thank you very much for your business.
North Wales, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel is in a great location if you're visiting Golden and the surrounding areas. It's just a few minutes outside of all of the area attractions, and a great price! The room was pretty clean and came with a microfridge. There is a small fitness area and pool on site as well. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at my hotel and I appreciate your business.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver? Share your experiences!