“Ok for a quick stop WITH a man!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Golden
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Ok for a quick stop WITH a man!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night because it was near a wedding we were attending. We lived about an hour and half away from the wedding and we did not want to drive home super late because it's up windy mountain interstate.

Room - Clean and neat. Bed was comfortable, sheets were soft. Air conditioning worked great.

Hotel - It is just your average hotel, however, definitely better than a Motel 6 for sure! Definitely more clean, and more staff around to help you feel secure.

Security - I would recommend some changes or standards be put in place. My husband and I locked both of our hotel keys in our room. We went to the front desk and asked for a new key and told them why (briefly). They said "OK! What's your room number?" And quickly gave us the key and we walked away. I was so shocked they did not ask for identification or anything! Also, it was a different person than the one who checked us in - so that's not an excuse either. Honestly, as a young woman, if I were staying there by myself, I would have left at that point knowing they would give my key to anyone... Luckily, I was not by myself and I knew my husband could protect me if needed.

Otherwise, overall, it wasn't bad and we were pleased with our experience. I would recommend this hotel for short stops or a pit-stop on a road trip if you're on a budget.

Room Tip: King + Sleeper sofa is enough room for 3/4 to sleep comfortably for a night on the road.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
peerd54, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Yes ma'am the agent erred as I wrote in my email to you. It is against our policy to give out keys without some form of identification. It defies basic common sense. I apologize that this was the cause of consternation to you and I do appreciate your bringing this matter to my attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I paid 20.00 cash for early check in and found out after I returned home that my card was also charged thiso fee. I talked with the manager on the phone and by email. He told me he had a video of my check in and emailed me a blank with no sound twice. He threatened to turn the vidio over to the police. I asked him to please do so as I would be in the area twice per month and would like to stop by and watch it. He was a donkey and my money was never returned to me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I suggested to the front desk manager that you call the Jefferson County Sheriffs office and file a complaint. This will prompt a deputy to come to the property to view the video in question. They in turn will provide detail about what they saw, in a report and send it to you. You can then talk to the deputy as well for confirmation. The video never shows an exchange of cash. It does show you taking out and returning cash twice to your person. The folio shows a credit card charge only which is correct.

I understand that seeing is believing. There has to be a solution such that you are able to see what we here at the hotel have seen. I am open to any suggestions. You mentioned you would be in the area. You are welcome to view it.

I am sorry that I am not technologically competent enough to be able to convert the avi (video) file (which is not native to window operating systems) to some universal media player. I cannot play the video on my own laptop that has window media player 11 with a windows 7 OS. I downloaded a variety of codec programs (of which there are many and translate the file into a digital image) none of which I got to work. It is viewable using Windows XP pro. I cannot answer your question as to why the copy we emailed to you is not viewable. Surf the internet. See what you can come up with other than making assertions without solutions.
Dublin, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Seriously thougt of demanding our money back as soon as we visited the room! After seeing the cleanliness of the room, we did not even consider eating breakfast here! No keycard was required to get into the hotel, which is probably why the ice machine is located only on the second floor. The room was disgusting! The only pleasant part of staying here was the rabbits in the parking lot and surrounding grass.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
peerd54, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
I am sorry that you did not like the hotel. You chose not to speak with any manager or anyone on staff and voice your concerns. Someone is available 24 hours a day . We listen and try to accommodate our guests’ reasonable requests.

Also, there are ice machines on all three floors.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel is in a good location for the Golden area. Short drive to Red Rocks, downtown Golden, amusement park, and a good size shopping area. Friends we traveled with also took day trips out in the mountain areas for hikes and sight seeing. The hotel is well used, but I never felt uncomfortable. It isn't the Hyatt or Westin. It is a Days Inn. It is less expensive and you do get what you pay for. However, the staff was always helpful and courteous. I did ask the front desk when some noisy neighbors were going to be checking out, and they had the group move to another room. I appreciated that. The housekeeping staff always had a smile and good morning for you. We ate in the coffee shop every morning and it was fast and good food, but it is pretty hard to mess up breakfast. I witnessed the pool being serviced and decks being cleaned and chairs being straightened up. We used the pool one afternoon. It was pleasant on a 90 degree day and I had even commented to friends about how clean it was for the use it got. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a suite for just a few more dollars that overlooked the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
peerd54, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
I think that your fundamental characterization of the property is quite accurate. We are a budget property that tries hard to provide simple clean, comfortable rooms and neat public areas. The staff is a polite and hard working group of folks, who try very hard to accommodate reasonable requests by the guests. The hotel could not operate without them.

Thank you very much for your business.
North Wales, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel is in a great location if you're visiting Golden and the surrounding areas. It's just a few minutes outside of all of the area attractions, and a great price! The room was pretty clean and came with a microfridge. There is a small fitness area and pool on site as well. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at my hotel and I appreciate your business.
Omaha
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Do not stay at this hotel! I am currently here and although the website says "remodeled in 2011" that is clearly a lie. The front desk is made of crummy plywood with rough edges. Should have been my first clue. There is a giant sign that says you will be charged $250 if you smoke in the rooms but our room reeks of cigarette smoke. Obviously everyone smokes right outside the doors because there is a giant pile of butts. The room is dirty - all the corners and furniture is grimy. I checked for bed bugs with a flashlight but did not see any, but I would not be surprised if there are some. The toilet seat has a crack in it and the bathroom is so small someone over 250 pounds would not fit in it. The diner where you go for breakfast is also old and dirty. The hallways smell bad. The pool is ok - but it has bugs and hair floating in it, I was turned off. I cannot wait to leave here, I can't believe they have the nerve to charge $100 a night for this horrible place. It should be torn down and put out of its misery!!!

Room Tip: Don't book here!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
As I mentioned in my email to you renovations have been occurring in guest rooms and public areas, as available cash allows. The front desk work space was redone I am sorry you found it to be “crummy plywood”.

Smokers are welcome at the hotel so long as they do not smoke in the rooms. We still have those who insist on violating that policy even when they agree to the smoking and pet ban when they sign the registration card. Housekeeping is generally very vigilant at taking off market, those rooms that have been smoked in, for deep cleaning and airing out.

Bedbugs enter a hotel while hitching a ride on guests’ clothes and luggage. I have professional pest control people who treat the rooms regularly.

The toilet was in working order when I inspected it and it is a standard in the hotel.

The whirlpool and swimming pool are cleaned and treated daily.
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We visited Denver for our family trip, and Golden was our first stop to stay. I made a reservation this hotel because of location and free breakfast... However, they don't serve free breakfast anymore (what a my mistake!) and it was very disappointing. Also, one of rooms (we reserved 2 rooms) had a really bad cigar smell. We are traveling with infant, and didn't want to expose our baby in those environment, so asked to switch a room to another. Finally, we got another room, but that room had a certain odor as well. A staff told us that a facility is non-smoking, but some rooms might be used as "Smoking" since only certain door had label of "Non-smoking". I would never stay Days Inn at any locations... It was my second stay in Days Inn chain, and it never satisfied us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn & Suites Golden / West Denver? Share your experiences!