“Decent Hotel, Very Nice Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early,Save up to 15%
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Golden
Anchorage, Alaska
“Decent Hotel, Very Nice Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. It was very near my office which was fantastic. It was also right in a little cluster of businesses so their were a few places to eat within walking distance.

My room was clean and nicely decorated although to me it smelled a little too much like fabric softener. I always worry when their is a strong smell of air freshener or something similar because it makes me wonder what smell they are trying to cover up. Two minor complaints: the bathroom was awkwardly designed to where you have to squeeze to one side to shut the door forcing you to touch the toilet - just seems like a design flaw. Also, the rear entrance key card door apparently doesn't work consistently which no one told me so when I returned late one night and tried to use it, I had to walk around the hotel to the front door in the dark. Not very happy about that.

The staff was very helpful and accomodating. The breakfast spread looked great although I only had coffee. Overall, this is a decent hotel and I will probably stay here again on my next trip to Denver.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnGolden, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Christina H, we would like to thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel. I do however, want to apologize for the issue with the back entrance door, I want to ensure that the safety and security of our guest is to the utmost importance. Since your stay the back entrance door lock has been replaced and is working flawlessly. Regarding the fabric softener smell you refer to in your comment this is actually Frebreze Linen & Sky scent which is used in all Hamptons. The good thing is Hampton Inns offer Allergy Free rooms which can be requested prior to your arrival so you can avoid additional scents. If you have any questions I would be happy to assist you, please feel free to contact me directly at 303-278-6600.

Paul Urioste

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My family of four stayed at this hotel for only one night, however, we were very impressed by the breakfast spread. They truly offer something for everyone, from hot to cold. The breakfast lounge area is uber nice and the guest room was immaculate.

Would Definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear CPA_Mommyof2, we truly appreciate the positive comment regarding our breakfast. We do our best to make several breakfast options to suit most. Every day we change our menu so guest staying more than one night would not have to eat the same breakfast each day. Thanks again for choosing Hampton Inn Golden; we hope to see you again in the near future.

Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a typical Hampton, but it looks fairly new, and is nice and clean. It is not "in" Golden, but it is very close, and also is near West Denver. It is located close to several major roads, so it is easy to head any direction, but it is set back enough to be away from traffic. Breakfast was above average for a Hampton, and the desk staff was very helpful. The business center great for printing boarding passes. The pool and hot tub looked inviting, but I did not give them a try.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jack W, thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel. The Hampton Inn Golden happens to be locate in Golden, just to be couple miles south of Downtown Golden where most of the historic sites are along with Coors Brewing Company. We are located within blocks of 6th Ave Highway, less than a mile to Interstate 70 and ½ mile to 470. Thanks again for choosing Hampton Inn Golden.

Layton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I worked with their sales manager, Ryoko Potts to schedule a meeting room for a family reunion. Everything went so smoothly...... Any question or need we had was quickly taken care of via email before we arrived and then while we were there.
Kudos to the staff - our family of 13 had a great stay. thank you Hampton Inn Denver West/Golden. We highly recommend your Hampton Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Clayton3201, thank you kindly for the positive comment. We truly appreciate the time you took to write this on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure hosting your family reunion and we hope you choose the Hampton Inn Golden for future events.

Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a step up from the usual Hampton inn experience, as every person I encountered from the maids to the front desk staff were very friendly. I also like the decoration in the room. Even though you can tell it was a renovated Hotel (as I stay in lots of different places) It still felt like a brand new hotel. I think that as a traveler of each week, the little things matter. The hotel is in a decent location on a couple of miles away and I would really recommend the pizza place that deliver there (brick oven pizza). If you are looking for very clean friendly place, this is the hotel for you

Room Tip: Elevator (2) are very quick so any floor works.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnGolden, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear GerrodH, we truly thank you for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn Golden. We do our very best with make sure each and every guest is happy with our product and service. The next time you happen to be in Golden Colorado we hope you will choose the Hampton Inn Golden as your home away from home.

Powell, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have been staying at this Hampton for many years now, wouldn't be surprised if I have over a hundred nights here since it opened. I finally decided to post a review and it is close to being a •••••, but just a couple things need improving to get it there. I have no problem recommending this hotel. When I have had problems with the room in the past, the front desk had done a very good job taking care of things, so if you have a problem, let them know right away.

The rooms have all been remodeled, I believe a floor at a time. So, some rooms will have newer furniture, but all of the rooms have a nice bright modern feel to them. Large flat screen TV are in every room and I believe all rooms have a mini-fridge in them. The hotel has a small indoor pool and hot tub just off the lobby. There is a nice laundry room on the first floor and a small but private business center too. I have used all of these facilities at one time or another and found them all more than adequate. Although not something mentioned often in reviews, the vending machines and mini "store" are particularly nice if you get to the hotel late or just don't feel like leaving for a snack or meal. The breakfast area is large. has a very large long table with power plugs built in, nice for charging gadgets while having breakfast. The beds are very comfortable, the air/heat has a central thermostat that does a great job keeping the temp comfortable and the system is quiet. There are a few places to eat within a short walk from the parking lot.( a soup shop, a sandwich shop, and an Italian restaurant).

If all of that sounds appealing, it is. You know how when you find a place like this you want to keep it a secret? Well, the secret is out and that is where the problems come in. This hotel is on the short list of lodging for schools, weddings, family reunions, and corporate meetings. All of these are great for the groups listed, but not so great for the business or family traveler looking for a quiet place to spend some time in the area. The breakfast area gets inundated with hungry guests and try as they may, there is no possible way the staff can handle the demand. Twice during my recent stay, we gave up and instead took the bagged breakfast (a nice and necessary touch here) because there was not a single seat anywhere in the breakfast area or lobby to sit. There are trays, and some folks took food back to their room, but we didn't like that option. Also, because weddings/reunions are common here, the breakfast guests linger long after they have finished eating. I fault the hotel a little for this, they know when they are full and need to make some staffing adjustments to make breakfast go smoother when the hotel is heavily booked.

You will have the same problem with the hot tub (hold eight comfortably) on occasions because the groups love to use the pool and hot tub at night. Ditto with the parking, but there is a large parking lot at a shopping center nearby and the back lot is big. But, parking can be a nuisance if you get back to the hotel late.

Security is good with locking doors after dark (except for lobby) but the staff need to be more attentive to checking windows in between guests. Both rooms I had in my recent stay - the window was unlocked! One room the "security stop" was missing, the other room it was slid all the way back so anyone could have entered either of my ground floor rooms had I not checked the windows. Checking the windows and making sure they are locked (on the ground floor) should become a part of every room cleaning in between guests.

If you are in the area, give this hotel a try. The staff is wonderful, and if you can overlook the slight inconveniences of their success, you will likely have a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Paul C, thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Golden. It’s truly great to get such an honest review. We agree completely with your review and always try to make each guests stay a unique experience. Next time we hope you don’t wait years to review the hotel and during your next stay I would love to meet with you. Please feel free to let me know before you arrive so we might arrange a time to meet.

Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The room was beautiful. Very modern and clean and a nice size. The bathroom was well appointed and very modern. We had a small refrigerator. Wireless was free and breakfast too. When we were there it was oddly full and breakfast was a nightmare. I have never seen a Hampton breakfast so crazy. They were out of everything and the one girl just could not keep up with the demand. There was nowhere to sit or even to stand. It seems like the area is very large so I imagine it is usually not like this. Not sure what happened that day. Another oddity for us was finding the place. We GPSed it and ended up driving around. It sits back in the shopping area. It isn’t right on Colfax. I think maybe there was a Home Depot or something in that plaza. My husband and I arrived separately and both had trouble finding it. There was a pool and a laundry area which both looked nice but we didn’t get to use either.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear HollyA, Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn Golden. We do appreciate you taking the time to do so. As for the directions you are correct. The Hampton Inn Golden does sit back off Colfax and Inter Plaza West is the actual street name where you turn into the hotel and shopping center. There is a Home Depot that is just east of the hotel which sometimes helps with locating us. If for some reason there is ever an issue finding us please give the hotel a call at 303-278-6600. We are experts in getting our guest here. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again.

Paul Urioste

Been to Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden? Share your experiences!