“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Golden
Fresno, CA
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had 2 rooms and both were clean and we had no problems. We thought the breakfast was fine since there was some protein too- eggs, yogurt. We had free wifi and the desk had multiple plugs to use. We did wish we had a refrigerator in the room which should be standard.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Warning, this is a motel, not a hotel. There is no way of knowing this form the La Quinta website, neither by the photos or the description. Might be OK for a one night stay if falling asleep while driving on I-70, but not much else. The check-in person was more interested in telling me where the smoking area was than being really helpful.

The room itself, while being newly painted, is pretty small and uncomfortable. No tissues upon checking in and only two towels and washcloths. No hand towels. The bed feels old with the center being rather saggy.

The breakfast was poor, even by La Quinta standards. It's pretty bad when the Denny's next door seems the better option.

Was supposed to stay here four nights and gladly am paying $30/night more to move to a better hotel up the street a bit.

Room Tip: Just stay away. That will be the best room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The manager at the front desk was quite friendly and helpful. But once we got in our room, pure disappointment. Had to go ask for toilet paper. They didn't even clean our room the next day. Wend we checked out the gal behind the front desk was rude. The breakfasts were ok, the ladies keeping that filled were quite friendly. When a staff member blared her music from her SUV on Monday morning at 6 AM while she was finishing getting ready for work didn't respect those sleeping, wow really! The grounds could of used a bit of cleaning. This is sad because this place was located centrally to a lot of places we were going to.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We happen to be local (Fort Collins, CO), but were taking in a show at gorgeous Red Rocks Amphitheatre nearby, and knew that getting out of the concert in traffic and then driving over 60 miles late at night was going to spoil the whole mood. So we booked a room here where we could leave our two small dogs, locked in crates, for the 4 hours we'd be gone.

The location is right off of I-70, and yet, the room was very quiet. New furnishings, clean, friendly staff. Pool was very popular on a hot summer day. The bathroom is a bit cramped, but there's free wifi and a nice desk with connection ports to charge your devices. The beds, linens, pillows were above average, the AC worked beautifully, nice TV.

It's tough to find a place in this location at this price, and was so nice to find they did not charge an extra pet fee. We saved a bunch because we didn't have to board our dogs for the night.

And speaking of Red Rocks, I have never gotten home after a concert so quickly. It helped that we parked along one of the venue roads, vs. the parking lots. But it was 30 minutes from the time we left the arena and then got back to the motel.

While they do serve a free continental breakfast (juice, coffee, cold cereal, waffles, fruit, etc.) we opted for the Denny's next door for hot pancakes and the like. There's also a Good Times within walking distance with breakfast and late night food, as well as a gas station and convenience store.

There was enough green space to walk the dogs at night, and it felt very safe.

Friendly staff.

Hope to stay again when our travels involve an overnight near Golden. The historic town of Golden is worth a visit and is a short drive. Ask the front desk for the back way to drive if you want to avoid the interstate. Great restaurants, bars, shops, pretty walk along the creek, and the famous Coors brewery. You can spend a day here easily. Awesome scenery.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in one of the sections not next to the highway.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Our family of four stayed here for 6 nights in July 2013 (not 2014 - wouldn't let me go that far back when choosing the date of stay on the review). It was very affordable and in a great location. Our main reason for going to Denver was for a concert at Red Rocks and it was very close to Morrison. It also didn't take long to get to downtown or any of the other locations we went to while in town.

We had a room on the first floor facing the pool. Sometimes there was a bit of noise from people at the pool but nothing terrible at all. The room was clean and while on the smaller side for a family of 4 - it was fine. The kids loved the pool. We also used the laundry facilities a few times on the 2nd floor and had no problems with that. Check-in was a breeze. The breakfast was pretty standard for this level of hotel although it was very crowded at times and sometimes we couldn't find a seat.

We'd definitely stay here again while in town.

Grafton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed here on two separate nights. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was very good. The staff was very accommodative and helpful when I requested an interior court room because the rooms there are in a quieter area. Several places to eat are nearby. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room in the interior court area because this is a quieter area. Rooms on the side where t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kaysville, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I travel for business and have recently learned to appreciate the La Quinta brand. I have stayed in one recently in Washington state and was delighted with the experience. This La Quinta is an old motel with outside entrance which is somewhat difficult to see in the pictures. It is located right next to I-70 which you can hear all night long unless you run your very loud fan/air conditioner. I returned to my room on my second day to find that my "do not disturb" sign was hanging on my door. I hadn't put it there. My room hadn't been serviced that day at all. I found it very disturbing that a member of the housekeeping staff would take the time to open my door and use my privacy sign to perhaps avoid cleaning my room? Just a guess. I didn't really feel safe there after that. I tried to move to a different hotel but my room was pre-paid by my company. I also tried to move within the La Quinta family of properties but to no avail. If you want to stay in this area, and stay in a La Quinta, drive 5 more minutes to Lakewood, CO. Avoid the La Quinta Inn Denver Golden!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Denver Golden? Share your experiences!