“Convenient, comfortable, nice decor” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Denver Golden
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3301 Youngfield Service Rd, Golden, CO 80401   |
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Golden
Missoula, Montana
“Convenient, comfortable, nice decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have stayed here three times because I find the comfort and amenities (bed, TV, breakfast, etc) above average and the rates an excellent value for the area. It is also convenient to our friends and family in Lakewood and Golden with easy access to I 70.

The only drawback is freeway noise, which is pretty steady 24-7. Those rooms that face west are quieter than those that face east or south. The heating-cooling unit has a continuous fan setting which enabled me to use the white noise to mitigate the traffic sounds.

I will stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Facing west...directly away from the freeway...is quietest.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Minturn, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Excellent comfortable hotel. Good bed. Nicely decorated. Great value. Will stay there again.

Could improve breakfast with fresh fruit (not spoiled) and healthy options like nuts, dried fruit and plain yogurt.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Calabogie, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We booked here to meet up with family who stay here for business. We were pleasantly surprised how quiet it is, considered how close to the Highway we were. The staff are extremely accommodating and pleasant. The breakfast was good, coffee was weak, but I drink strong coffee. The room was clean, had been renovated recently, I believe. No chemical cleaning smells, like Febreeze. Access to downtown was easy, and close to many sites we wanted to visit.

Room Tip: We stayed near the back, but if you want to be close to the lobby, and don't want to go outside...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel provided us with mostly everything we were looking for, from location, service to value. All topped off with an impressive free continental breakfast :-) This location was easily accessible to all major highways, yet in a suburban setting. The hotel staff were all pleasant and eager to assist. Even when I arrived early, they wouldn't allow me to leave and come back after getting lunch, without first checking to see if there was an available room ready :-) The rooms were clean and adequately sized for the 2 of us in my party.
The ONLY thing I found lacking was the absence of an in-room safe. That would've truly helped out a lot and made me feel more secure about leaving valuables in room. So, we locked our valuables in our car instead.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Upon arriving in Golden for a 6-night stay, checked in at the front desk and had to deal with an ignorant desk clerk. She loudly announced, "Oh, you booked your stay with us through a third party. Too bad. You'd qualify for bonus points if you'd book directly with us." I mentioned that I didn't care about the points, as I was able to book the room for $16 less per night by going through Expedia." She said, "Yeah, but through our site, you could have more leverage for special deals and flexibility if you need to leave earlier than you'd plan." At that point, I quit talking and she realized I was irked. She then began talking in this higher-pitched, sweet voice that made me cringe...wishing me a great trip to Colorado and great fun in the Golden area. I ignored her and just went into "function mode," wanting my room key and a quick escape. Her "reprimand" that was spoken loudly for gaining the attention of other customers in line behind me was distasteful. I believe she had spinach stuck in her front teeth, too. Not a welcoming sight.

Room Tip: getting a room on the back side of the facility helps to avoid road noise!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The internet was very slow! Sometime there is just no internect conncetion! I called front desk and they always said they'll go check and call me back. But they never called back!!
also, this hotel does not have a fitness center.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Denver Golden? Share your experiences!