“Compact but all we needed” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Golden
Wautoma
“Compact but all we needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

We're on a long road trip & on night #2 we stayed here. We wanted to be past Denver & have never explored Golden before. We've stayed at TownePlace Suites before so no surprises there. Check-in was smooth & we had room 309. It has the full kitchen with fridge, dishwasher, smooth top stove, microwave, 1 queen comfy bed & a sofa bed. The bathroom is all in one & compact with good towels & Paul Mitchell toiletries. There was minimal room-to-room noise & some road noise but not intolerable. We didn't check out the pool or fitness room. The breakfast room was tiny & crowded but we found a table in the lobby. Options: egg & cheese omelets, sausage patties, toastables, sweets, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, milks, juices, waffle maker, apples/bananas & more. Great start to our day #3. Loved the Golden area & would stay here again if back in this area........

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmond M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
Thank you for posting such a descriptive and detailed review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the guest room and the breakfast room. It truly helps others understand what to expect at our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

Hotel was very close to where I was working at for a week in Golden. The staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. The breakfast was really great for someone just grabbing a quick bit on a tight schedule. The only complaint I had was the hotel seemed to have limited parking. Two out of the six nights of my stay the parking lot was almost completely full other than handicap spots.

Room Tip: Try to get to breakfast early since the dining area was crowded.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a helpful review. It's great to hear that our location worked well for you during your time here. We do apologize about the parking situation. We try to do the best to accommodate everyone's needs.

Douglasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

My wife and I were back in Colorado to see family and friends and stayed 4 nights at the TownePlace Suites. When I checked in I was given a handicapped room which was not to my wife's liking. The management quickly changed out our room to another non-handicapped room. This room was much more comfortable for us and had plenty of space to do some business work while we were there.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay once we were able to move you to another room. We always try and make sure all your accommodations are met.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

Stayed here just for one night. Was given a handicapped room which didn't allow for any counter space and had an awkward room layout. Cleanliness in the common areas needs to be stepped up a bit. Elevator, stairwell, and hallway carpeting did not appear to have been vacuumed recently. When I left I called the front desk to switch out the shower curtain. It was moldy on the bottom near the magnets. A little more attention to detail by housekeeping would really improve this property.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmond M, Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the cleanliness of the public areas and bathrooms. I am working with our housekeeping and public area cleaning staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at Edmond.Martinez@sagehospitality.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

To start...this is not the Waldorf, nor did I expect it. This hotel was clean, convenient and close to the attractions I was visiting while in Colorado. Close to Colorado School of Mines, Coors Brewery and beautiful downtown Golden. The 2 bedroom suite was perfect for family travel although I would call the beds full size rather than queen. The free breakfast included waffles and the staff were very knowledgeable in the local attractions. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with stay with us and it met all your needs.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The Bad-
Arrived at Marriott Towneplace after my flight from east coast arrived in late afternoon and working til 2am. Was greeted by Craig, who advised me that while I had a guaranteed reservation, there were no rooms available.... As this was 4am my time, I was too tired to be mad and frankly Craig was an awesome ambassador. Craig couldn't confirm that my reservation would guarantee a room for the next two nights (my original reservation), but assured me that the General Manager, Edmond Martinez would "make it right". Ok, cool, I said, exhausted and looking for a place for my head. Craig got a room arranged at an adjacent hotel and at 2:45/4:45am I hit the hay...

The Very Good-
I woke up a bit later than normal and called Edmond. He was a complete professional. I felt at ease, relieved and checked in later that afternoon after an appointment. Check-in was prompt and I asked if I say hello to Edmond. He immediately came out and welcomed me. I felt like the term now used too often: guest.

The Excellent-
The room exceeded my expectations. Great studio layout and it has been recently updated. Quiet. Work desk perfect size and layout. Mattress firm, nice selection of pillows.

Lakewood location is great - less than 2 miles to the RTD, which you can take downtown to see a Rockies game for $8.00, great restaurants in area.

Cheers

Summary - Good location, a staff that cares and great accommodations. Other than pricing that seems a bit steep (as was rental car), I would strongly recommend Towneplace Suites Denver West / Federal Center.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. Please accept our apologies that we did not have your room available upon your arrival. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to bring yhou back and have you enjoy ther remainder of your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Jackson, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

3 girl friends attended a 3 day music festival at Red Rocks and TownePlace Suites was the perfect spot for it. We had booked a 2 bedroom suite. It was close to everything we needed, malls, supermarkets, the concert venue. The lady at the front desk got us the same great taxi driver 3 nights in a row to take us to the concert, which was a really nice touch. It was good to have a fully stocked kitchen as we didn't really want to eat out all the time and cooked several of our meals in the suite. The separate living area/dining was a great space to have, 3 TV's in the suite, separate vanity area from the bathroom so one of us could shower while another did our hair or put on make up. There was also an extra mirror in one of the bedrooms. We had a corner room on the highest floor overlooking the pool and it was perfectly quiet for us. The unit was clean. We would return again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you and your girlfirends enjoyed your stay with us. We always enjoy any kind of feedback but it really makes us happy to know everything went well for you all.

Been to TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center? Share your experiences!