“Awful experience made right by management” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 16 hotels in Golden
Utah
“Awful experience made right by management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel experience we had here was one of the most unpleasant in years. The carpets, ceilings, smells, breakfast were all far under par for Marriott properties but Edmond Martinez made it right. I have never received a more sincere and apologetic email to completely right the wrong. For that alone I will continue to stay at Marriott properties and ask others to give this hotel a try knowing that the management, when apprised of the situation, will strive to make it right.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for a week with a 14 year old baseball team and their families. Staff could not have been more accommodating to us. One of them even made cinnamon rolls for our team. Very clean and the 2 bedroom suite was perfect for a family of 4.

• Stayed July 2014
Anthony D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your glowing review of our property. I'm thrilled that the hotel was able to make your stay very enjoyable. We would love to have you at our hotel next year for the tournament. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am a truck driver and had a medical emergency that put me in the hospital for a surgery. After being released, was sent there to wait for my truck to return and pick me up. The whole staff, especially Angela and Cindy, went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. Number one in my book!!! Paul

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I am proud of our team for providing you excellent service and being able to provide you with the service you needed for your stay. I am also very happy to see that Cindy and Angela went above and beyond to make your stay memorable. I will be making sure they see the survey and let them know personally how much they are appreciated. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I recently stayed at this property for about 3 months. It was pretty good for the price (keep in mind my rate was probably pretty low due to the long stay). I had a one bedroom unit. It was bigger than many one bedroom apartments. It was clean. The work space was probably the best I've ever had in a hotel. There are a few things that would greatly improve this hotel. The breakfast was pretty skimpy. I stopped eating it. The breakfast area is also very small. The bed, pillows and linens were not very comfortable in comparison to other Marriott properties (and not necessarily their higher priced properties). The immediate area is decent, but there's not really much within walking distance. Overall, I would definitely stay here again if the rates are the same.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the parking lot side instead of the street side. Traffic is LOUD on Simms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Edmond M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to make your stay a positive one for you. I do apologize for the breakfast not being up to your standards; however we have recently purchased an over to help improve the guests breakfast needs. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Chillicothe, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed here 4 years ago, and the property has been updated since then. Colors are very nice. We love that we can get a light breakfast here before we head out for the day, and have a kitchen available to save $$ on eating out. We like staying here because we can not here what's going on in the adjacent rooms or in the hallway.

The only drawback was our bed. It was too soft and we had to sleep on the edge so we didn't feel like we were falling into the middle.

Room Tip: I always get a top floor room and ask for extra pillows.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel. I am glad to heard that we were able to provide a clean room and a positive vacation experience. I sincerely apologize for the mattress not being firm enough for you and your family, we will review the issue and do everything we can to improve the mattress of the hotel. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Detroit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

When moving our luggage into the room we dropped a black iPhone 5 charger. When we went to the front desk to ask about it they said yes, we found it, but could not locate the charger. We only stayed one night so we had to leave the next day and were told they had to check with employees who worked the previous day and they would mail it to us when located. After two days of not hearing anything I called to follow up and was told 'someone' just happened to ask for a black iPhone 5 charger before us and they gave it to them. Then they don't even apologize. Just sorry, you're out of luck. Don't trust this place!!!!! A bunch of liars.

• Stayed June 2014
Edmond M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we did not communicate to you correctly about the lost phone 5 charger. In response to your feedback, I am asking that you contact the hotel, speak to management so we can get this resolved for you. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

When I travel, I usually stay with Marriott and Courtyard, if possible. I stayed one night at his property because it suited best location-wise. The lady at the front desk was nice and friendly. She quickly checked-in for me and I thought she was good at her job. When I got to the room, I smell something funny, but it wasn't a strong smell. It was somewhat subtle, and I thought it might go away if I let the air-conditioner run for a bit. I sat down and watched TV for about 15 mins and the smell was still there. So I stepped outside for 10 seconds and re-enter the room to confirm if the smell is still there, and it was. It smelled like something got wet and was not properly dried for a period of time. It just didn't smell right and I didn't want to stay there for the night just in case it triggers my allergies. I had reported the problem to the lady and she said someone was going to come to my room to check it out. I had waited for 15 minutes at least and no one showed up. I went out again and the lady told me someone will come after speaking to the manager. I went back to the room and shortly after, the same lady showed up with Febreze. I wasn't pleased because she should have arrange to put me in another room and not show up with some chemical to mask the odour. I had to tell her that I have allergies and I prefer not to be exposed to artificial products.

To be honest, I haven't had any problems staying at many of the Courtyard hotels nationwide. The other time I had to stay at a Fairfield Inn and the Towneplace Suites this time makes me wonder why don't all the chains under the Marriott name have a similar standard? In my opinion Courtyard is by far the best. Of the many stays, I have never had any incidents that made me feel uncomfortable, but have when stayed at Fairfield and Towneplace. The one thing I was please is that the lady had called to follow up after I settled into the second room. I thought she did a great job, but not the hotel as a whole.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Edmond M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about the front desk staff being nice and friendly; however, we apologize that the solution she had for you was not up to your expectations. I am working with both housekeeping and the front desk to ensure that everyone the guest room smell is our first priority in the future. I am also working with the staff to insure they understand to communicate with the guest to find out how we could better assist their needs. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center? Share your experiences!