“Very clean property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Chillicothe, Missouri
“Very clean property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed here 4 years ago, and the property has been updated since then. Colors are very nice. We love that we can get a light breakfast here before we head out for the day, and have a kitchen available to save $$ on eating out. We like staying here because we can not here what's going on in the adjacent rooms or in the hallway.

The only drawback was our bed. It was too soft and we had to sleep on the edge so we didn't feel like we were falling into the middle.

Room Tip: I always get a top floor room and ask for extra pillows.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmond M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel. I am glad to heard that we were able to provide a clean room and a positive vacation experience. I sincerely apologize for the mattress not being firm enough for you and your family, we will review the issue and do everything we can to improve the mattress of the hotel. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Detroit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

When moving our luggage into the room we dropped a black iPhone 5 charger. When we went to the front desk to ask about it they said yes, we found it, but could not locate the charger. We only stayed one night so we had to leave the next day and were told they had to check with employees who worked the previous day and they would mail it to us when located. After two days of not hearing anything I called to follow up and was told 'someone' just happened to ask for a black iPhone 5 charger before us and they gave it to them. Then they don't even apologize. Just sorry, you're out of luck. Don't trust this place!!!!! A bunch of liars.

• Stayed June 2014
Edmond M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we did not communicate to you correctly about the lost phone 5 charger. In response to your feedback, I am asking that you contact the hotel, speak to management so we can get this resolved for you. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

When I travel, I usually stay with Marriott and Courtyard, if possible. I stayed one night at his property because it suited best location-wise. The lady at the front desk was nice and friendly. She quickly checked-in for me and I thought she was good at her job. When I got to the room, I smell something funny, but it wasn't a strong smell. It was somewhat subtle, and I thought it might go away if I let the air-conditioner run for a bit. I sat down and watched TV for about 15 mins and the smell was still there. So I stepped outside for 10 seconds and re-enter the room to confirm if the smell is still there, and it was. It smelled like something got wet and was not properly dried for a period of time. It just didn't smell right and I didn't want to stay there for the night just in case it triggers my allergies. I had reported the problem to the lady and she said someone was going to come to my room to check it out. I had waited for 15 minutes at least and no one showed up. I went out again and the lady told me someone will come after speaking to the manager. I went back to the room and shortly after, the same lady showed up with Febreze. I wasn't pleased because she should have arrange to put me in another room and not show up with some chemical to mask the odour. I had to tell her that I have allergies and I prefer not to be exposed to artificial products.

To be honest, I haven't had any problems staying at many of the Courtyard hotels nationwide. The other time I had to stay at a Fairfield Inn and the Towneplace Suites this time makes me wonder why don't all the chains under the Marriott name have a similar standard? In my opinion Courtyard is by far the best. Of the many stays, I have never had any incidents that made me feel uncomfortable, but have when stayed at Fairfield and Towneplace. The one thing I was please is that the lady had called to follow up after I settled into the second room. I thought she did a great job, but not the hotel as a whole.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Edmond M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We appreciate the kind comments about the front desk staff being nice and friendly; however, we apologize that the solution she had for you was not up to your expectations. I am working with both housekeeping and the front desk to ensure that everyone the guest room smell is our first priority in the future. I am also working with the staff to insure they understand to communicate with the guest to find out how we could better assist their needs. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Draper, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This place is clean. It has basic accomodations. The sheets are not replaced everyday, but rather refreashed. It has a kitchen and the fridge worked for the ice quickly. The cookies in the lobby are very good. I liked the tredmill.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive review about our hotel. We are excited to know you that the hotel and staff was able to meet all of your travel needs. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Lakewood, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here during our recent weekend getaway to Denver area. It was a pretty good stay, and we were in a two room suite. Plenty of room for the three of us, and the beds were comfy. About the only issues I had were the loud sounds made by the showers of other rooms and the mechanical noises made when the air conditioner went on in other rooms. It even woke me up a couple times each night. Would be nice to have the management look into this, as the other guests I came with said the same thing and they were in different building then I was.

As far as the breakfast goes, I would give it about a 2 out of 5. There really aren't a lot of choices, and if you don't like the two main items they serve, you are left with boxed cereal or very average hard boiled eggs. I was not overly thrilled with either morning's breakfasts (2 mornings). Would recommend re-vamping this somehow to management.

All in all, everyone I encountered was very friendly and welcoming. I would probably stay here again if in the area and needing a hotel, but would be going elsewhere for breakfast.

Room Tip: 2 Room Suites were very spacious, would recommend for families staying together. First floor roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Edmond M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your response here. We always appreciate feedback to be able to improve for all of our guests. We are definitely looking into the AC units and they several are being replaced as we speak. As for the water you heard from other rooms, I apologize if this irritated you. We will look into this also to make sure there is nothing we can do to help eliminate some of this noise.

Breakfast is in the process of being revamped. TownePlace Suites has just started with the hot breakfast so we are all in the growing period as right now. We will be offering more days of hot foods.

We hope the rest of your stay was comfortable and we hope you stay with us again.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here over the weekend. My daughter had an event downtown and it was a easy to get here to and from. We stayed in a two room suite, the room was nice but smelled funny. On day two, we told the front desk and they immediately moved us without hesitation. Everyone was very nice. The lady that ran breakfast was cheerful and helpful. The hotel is a bit loud, we were located right next to the stairs, other than that it is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The Suites are nice, two rooms with a Queen bed in each. Kitchenet was helpful.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I was working on a project in Lakewood Cultural Center, and needed a place to stay nearby. As I am a Marriott Premier member, I searched and found this hotel on the Marriott website. The stay was fine, especially the bed and rate - we got a great price.

Locating the hotel was easy, and parking was plentiful. I was checking in around 4:30pm, and the front desk was very courteous and friendly. I let him know I was only staying one night, and since I would be working at the LCC until after midnight, I would like a late checkout for 1:00pm. He confirmed that the 1pm checkout would be alright. Remember the 1:00pm checkout because it becomes very important later on in my story.

I worked, came back to the hotel well after midnight, put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, showered, and went to bed. Although the room was a little dated, it was certainly not "old" and it was pleasant and very comfortable.

My frustration began at around 11:15am the next morning when one of the house keeping crew woke me up with a knock on the door. She was inquiring as to when I would be checking out. With the door closed, I let her know I set up a late checkout for 1:00pm. She apologized and moved on.

At 12:00pm, as I was exiting the shower, there was another knock on the door. A different voice with a bit more edge to it asked something like, "Since you haven't checked out yet, can you tell us if you are planning to extend your stay another day?" Again, I informed them that I had arranged for a 1pm checkout.

I was feeling rushed at this point, so I packed up and was out of the room by 12:15pm. On my way out, I stopped by the front desk where there were two people - one was the guy who checked me in, and the other was a lady who's voice I recognized as the second knocker. "I was in room 207. Did you have me down for a 1:00pm checkout?" He replied, "Yes." I let them know that two people knocked on my door, which clearly had a Do Not Disturb sign, and wondered why I was being disturbed. Somewhat apologetically, the lady behind the desk said, "I just now found out you had a late checkout."

I let them know they have a communication problem that needs to be resolved.

Why don't they have a process in place for communicating to the house keeping and other manager-types on these things? Can it be possible that before they knock on guests doors - especially when there is a Do Not Disturb sign - they are not required to see if the room has a late checkout? I doubt it. I think someone merely dropped the ball on writing something down somewhere.

All-in-all, the stay would have been perfect if not for this frustration. I would absolutely stay there again - I would just make sure they communicate my late checkout a little better. =)

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golden
Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood
Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden
Baymont Inn And Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Courtyard by Marriott Denver West / Golden

Been to TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center? Share your experiences!