“Excellent overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Golden
denver, CO
“Excellent overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here 7/4/14 for a nearby wedding. We had a king bed room and it was very nice. The bed was comfy, the pillows were great. We had all the usual amenities and a nice collection of complimentary toiletries. The towels were thick. We had asked for extra towels and pillows and they were waiting for us. The hotel is very nice, spacious, has a bar and lots of places for intimate gatherings in the lobby. It looked like they had a little store for toothpaste and such. The have a restaurant, but we didn't eat there. They do not have complimentary breakfast, but you can order breakfast to be brought to your room. Pool is outdoors and looked very clean and welcoming. it was quiet and right across the street from CO Mills mall with a Super Target, so you are really close to a store if you need something. Close to the highway, but you can't see it or hear it. A/C is controlled with a little box on the wall and it worked great. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We really enjoyed our stay. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a upper story so you'll have a great view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for being our guest! I'm glad that you found the hotel comfortable, clean and convenient. I hope that you will join us again and have the opportunity to try dining in Copper Creek or enjoy a meal delivered to you poolside. It will be our pleasure to serve you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

After being in an awful hotel the night before wow, this place is so great. I was able to check in early everyone at the front was amazing. It was very busy and they made me feel so welcomed. Asked for more towels, I got them immediately. Bed is so comfortable. Wifi is very fast and easy to connect. Starbucks at the coffee bar. Huge shopping area with many restaurants is right up the road and Bandimere raceway is 8 minutes away. Congratulations Marriott for having a great location and an equally great staff!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony so nice
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hampton Bays, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Late on Friday night, after flying from NYC for a meeting early Saturday, I arrived at the front desk to find out I'd booked at the wrong hotel. (That's another whole story but beware using links that come up on Google for hotels--it might be Expedia fronting as said hotel)
The woman at the desk told me where my real hotel was and I was so tired I just decided to buy a night at this one and sort out the reservation--already paid for though I did not authorize it--at the wrong hotel. When I asked what the rate was I was really bummed because I knew there had been a rate offered to event attendees which I could have gotten had I not been highjacked by Expedia. The person at the desk went to go check with her manager and returned saying "We'd be happy to extend the group rate to you. You've had a long day." What a relief and what great customer service.
My entire stay was like that, helpful friendly people, a super comfy bed and nice room, and the food is delicious in their restaurant. And it's nicely decorated if that matters.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your great story. Our staff really takes pride in providing exceptional service and I am glad that they were able to bring positive light to your long day of travel. We appreciate your group selecting the hotel and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Happy travels!
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Our first visit to the Denver area and we could not have chosen a better hotel. Centrally located to major attractions. Staff was beyond friendly and rooms were spacious and nicely appointed. Will definitely book rooms again if ever in the Denver area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
It is our pleasure to serve you! I will be sure to share your comments with our staff as they are always thrilled to hear that their service makes a real difference. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area!
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Overall, not a good experience.
- I suggest to pay more attention to the room cleanness. I found hair of possibly previous guests or staff in the pillows. Disgusting.
- I had a room facing the highway; there were some cracks in the windows, as I could hear traffic as is the window was open.
- I asked for a late checkout. When I went back to the room at 1pm, the cleaning made already cleaned up the room, as if I already checked out at 12pm. Poor staff organization.

Room Tip: Pick rooms not facing the highway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
I appreciate you being our guest and for taking the time to provide your feedback. I will certainly share your comments with our staff so that we can take the appropriate steps to improve. I realize that cleanliness and a great night's sleep are of the utmost importance when traveling. I hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Ok I will preface this review by saying that I was supposed to arrive in Denver at 7 pm. It is now 145 am and I am just finally at the hotel. With that I travel to Denver a lot and always stay at the Marriott West. It is kinda home away from home and I am comfortable there. I am also a Gold Elite member. I choose Marriott because they are great quality. I must say I was disappointed. Service was great and fast. Recognized me as a member and thanked me. Then stuck me on the first floor - ground level. Really?? As a women traveling alone I just think as a security effort they wouldn't. Especially when my preference is high floor. If they were sold out tell me. Don't just stick me there. Then no mention on concierge lounge. Again I use Marriott for my perks, points, and member services. Not that I want it now but tomorrow would be nice. And the final straw a big black spider. At this point too exhausted to trek back to the front desk. Just a reminder to make sure you get what you sign up for before you go to your room!!

Stayed July 2014
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for being our guest. I feel badly that you had such a difficult trip to Denver and then that your room did not meet your expectations. I have reviewed your comments with our staff so that they are more diligent in reviewing room locations and ensure that preferences are met during the check in process. We could have done better and I hope that you will provide us the opportunity to serve you again and give you an exceptional experience after your day of travel.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was in the hotel for a night only. Ambient was good. However room rate is a bit on higher side if facilities are seen. It was $156 for room with two beds. No complimentary breakfast was available, however there is a restaurant if you want to have some food. There is one shop also in the hotel where you can find some stuff of daily need (Hotel staff call that shop as gift shop :P)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your comments. We always strive to be much better than average and I will share your comments with our staff so that we can make improvements. Our goal is to be exceptional in both our product and our service.

Been to Denver Marriott West? Share your experiences!