“Ugh really!!??” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Golden
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Ugh really!!??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Ok I will preface this review by saying that I was supposed to arrive in Denver at 7 pm. It is now 145 am and I am just finally at the hotel. With that I travel to Denver a lot and always stay at the Marriott West. It is kinda home away from home and I am comfortable there. I am also a Gold Elite member. I choose Marriott because they are great quality. I must say I was disappointed. Service was great and fast. Recognized me as a member and thanked me. Then stuck me on the first floor - ground level. Really?? As a women traveling alone I just think as a security effort they wouldn't. Especially when my preference is high floor. If they were sold out tell me. Don't just stick me there. Then no mention on concierge lounge. Again I use Marriott for my perks, points, and member services. Not that I want it now but tomorrow would be nice. And the final straw a big black spider. At this point too exhausted to trek back to the front desk. Just a reminder to make sure you get what you sign up for before you go to your room!!

Stayed July 2014
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for being our guest. I feel badly that you had such a difficult trip to Denver and then that your room did not meet your expectations. I have reviewed your comments with our staff so that they are more diligent in reviewing room locations and ensure that preferences are met during the check in process. We could have done better and I hope that you will provide us the opportunity to serve you again and give you an exceptional experience after your day of travel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was in the hotel for a night only. Ambient was good. However room rate is a bit on higher side if facilities are seen. It was $156 for room with two beds. No complimentary breakfast was available, however there is a restaurant if you want to have some food. There is one shop also in the hotel where you can find some stuff of daily need (Hotel staff call that shop as gift shop :P)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your comments. We always strive to be much better than average and I will share your comments with our staff so that we can make improvements. Our goal is to be exceptional in both our product and our service.
Aspen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I recently needed to be in Golden and the Denver West was a good location. It was very nice to see they have gone through some significant upgrades. Mostly in the common areas. Room were fine and staff was very nice. This is a solid option for the location and price point.

Stayed June 2014
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I am glad you were able to be our guest and you are right - we have just completed a terrific renovation of our lobby and restaurant spaces. We are a great option for business travel on the west side of down, but close enough to enjoy the activity of downtown or the beautiful Colorado Rockies. I hope that you will be able to join us again. It is our plesure to serve you!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Three of us are here now,everyone here is so helpful.our room is spotless,pools are refreshing and clean.Hotel is really close to a outdoor mall and loads of restaurants.I can't think of anything wrong to comment on,has bar,restaurant ,room service.

Room Tip: Get a balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I will share your comments with our Housekeeping staff. They work very hard to keep us looking so good and will appreciate you noticing. I am glad you were able to enjoy a little relaxation, shopping and dining. Please join us again!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here on business for 4 nights, the hotel was within walking distance of the business I was visiting so for me it couldnt have been more perfect. The hotel was very clean and tidy, the staff were extemely helpful and friendly, we spent time in the bar in the evenings and the bar tenders were excellent and made us feel very comfortable, often when staying in business hotels you are often just another face at the restaurant or bar but the staff chatted to us and it made for a pleasant stay. If I am in town again visiting the same clients I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to post a review. We appreciate business travelers so much and know that being on the road and away from home isn't always ideal. I am so glad that our staff made a difference in making you feel comfortable and able to enjoy your travels. I will certainly share your comments with them. We all look forward to welcoming you back again!
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have stayed here several times and always have a good experience. This time, everything was great, as usual, except for our attempt to eat in the new restaurant (which is your only option besides room service). I could go on and on about why the service was HORRIBLE - but I will keep in short. No one acknowledged us for 15 minutes and we were literally 5 feet from the bar and the buffet. Finally a manager came over and got our drinks, trying to make light of and joke about not getting service. We never did figure out who our actual waitress was, as we had different people bringing the drinks. Not one offer for a refill, never got one of the drinks we ordered, took forever just to ask to get the buffet. I don't usually complain about service but this was blatantly terrible. Definitely got the feeling that no one gave a hoot if we were waited on or not. Not that the restaurant at a hotel makes/breaks your experience - but for the price (which was ridiculous considering what the buffet had) I would expect better. Aside from that all other staff was very helpful and courteous like always.

Room Tip: Room service is probably faster than the restaurant itself and its the same food.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience. While you may feel that the restaurant does not make or break your hotel experience, you deserved so much better and I apologize that we did not meet the mark. I understand how frustrating it can be to experience slow and inattentive service and have shared your comments so that we can take the appropriate steps to improve. I sincerely hope that you will join us again and give us the opportunity to provide exceptional service in our new space.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is a very nice hotel with every amenity including wifi, pool, exercise room, restaurant, bar and more. Our rooms were very nice and the staff was excellent. The location is perfect and easy to get to. Parking is ample. The only complaint I have is the noise. The walls are somewhat thin and they have those kind of doors that SLAM shut automatically. I must have heard a hundred slamming doors in my 19 hours there. They should loosen up those springs a bit, because it is really obnoxious. Otherwise the place was nice and I would probably stay there again, as it is close to family.

Room Tip: Ask for an outward facing room for the view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Marriott West for your travels to Denver! I am so glad that you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel and apologize that our door closers disrupted your rest. I truly appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with our team leaders so that we may take action to improve. I hope that you will continue to join us when visiting the area and that you notice an imrovement on your next visit.

Been to Denver Marriott West? Share your experiences!