“Good option” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Golden
Aspen
“Good option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I recently needed to be in Golden and the Denver West was a good location. It was very nice to see they have gone through some significant upgrades. Mostly in the common areas. Room were fine and staff was very nice. This is a solid option for the location and price point.

Stayed June 2014
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I am glad you were able to be our guest and you are right - we have just completed a terrific renovation of our lobby and restaurant spaces. We are a great option for business travel on the west side of down, but close enough to enjoy the activity of downtown or the beautiful Colorado Rockies. I hope that you will be able to join us again. It is our plesure to serve you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Three of us are here now,everyone here is so helpful.our room is spotless,pools are refreshing and clean.Hotel is really close to a outdoor mall and loads of restaurants.I can't think of anything wrong to comment on,has bar,restaurant ,room service.

Room Tip: Get a balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I will share your comments with our Housekeeping staff. They work very hard to keep us looking so good and will appreciate you noticing. I am glad you were able to enjoy a little relaxation, shopping and dining. Please join us again!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here on business for 4 nights, the hotel was within walking distance of the business I was visiting so for me it couldnt have been more perfect. The hotel was very clean and tidy, the staff were extemely helpful and friendly, we spent time in the bar in the evenings and the bar tenders were excellent and made us feel very comfortable, often when staying in business hotels you are often just another face at the restaurant or bar but the staff chatted to us and it made for a pleasant stay. If I am in town again visiting the same clients I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to post a review. We appreciate business travelers so much and know that being on the road and away from home isn't always ideal. I am so glad that our staff made a difference in making you feel comfortable and able to enjoy your travels. I will certainly share your comments with them. We all look forward to welcoming you back again!
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have stayed here several times and always have a good experience. This time, everything was great, as usual, except for our attempt to eat in the new restaurant (which is your only option besides room service). I could go on and on about why the service was HORRIBLE - but I will keep in short. No one acknowledged us for 15 minutes and we were literally 5 feet from the bar and the buffet. Finally a manager came over and got our drinks, trying to make light of and joke about not getting service. We never did figure out who our actual waitress was, as we had different people bringing the drinks. Not one offer for a refill, never got one of the drinks we ordered, took forever just to ask to get the buffet. I don't usually complain about service but this was blatantly terrible. Definitely got the feeling that no one gave a hoot if we were waited on or not. Not that the restaurant at a hotel makes/breaks your experience - but for the price (which was ridiculous considering what the buffet had) I would expect better. Aside from that all other staff was very helpful and courteous like always.

Room Tip: Room service is probably faster than the restaurant itself and its the same food.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience. While you may feel that the restaurant does not make or break your hotel experience, you deserved so much better and I apologize that we did not meet the mark. I understand how frustrating it can be to experience slow and inattentive service and have shared your comments so that we can take the appropriate steps to improve. I sincerely hope that you will join us again and give us the opportunity to provide exceptional service in our new space.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This is a very nice hotel with every amenity including wifi, pool, exercise room, restaurant, bar and more. Our rooms were very nice and the staff was excellent. The location is perfect and easy to get to. Parking is ample. The only complaint I have is the noise. The walls are somewhat thin and they have those kind of doors that SLAM shut automatically. I must have heard a hundred slamming doors in my 19 hours there. They should loosen up those springs a bit, because it is really obnoxious. Otherwise the place was nice and I would probably stay there again, as it is close to family.

Room Tip: Ask for an outward facing room for the view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Marriott West for your travels to Denver! I am so glad that you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel and apologize that our door closers disrupted your rest. I truly appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with our team leaders so that we may take action to improve. I hope that you will continue to join us when visiting the area and that you notice an imrovement on your next visit.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Always stay here when I come to Golden. Newly remodeled entry is great. They have opened up copper creek and it looks great. Excellent service. And the Marriott bed is the best!!! If you are looking for a great hike head to the end of the road. The trails are great with great views of the city.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, General Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Leslie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Marriott Denver West hotel. The staff and I are thrilled that you enjoy your stays with us.

I hope that your travels continue to bring you back to us many times in the future.

Laura L
Spokane, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We spent 4 nights here and were pleased. The staff was excellent and very helpful and very friendly. Having the shuttle available to take us to the mall and come get us was great. Since it is so close to the on and off of the freeway it made it convenient to go other places. We had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant and while the dinners were good, we cannot recommend the breakfast. We do not do buffets so ordered off the menu but most of the food came from the same for the buffets so was cold - that included the potatoes, bacon and all except for the eggs and omelets are made fresh. It was great that the hot water was really hot which is often not the case in hotels - in fact we had to be careful of scalding ourselves when washing our hands. We also were pleased that wifi was free. The room was nice - pretty standard and clean - very important. We were disappointed that the Jacuzzi was just a whirlpool tub and not very hot with no jets. We wish to praise Marriott for hiring people that have disabilities and allowing them to be front and center where they should be and this alone gives them 4 stars.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and overlooked the outdoor pool and it was fairly scenic.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the hotel. The staff and I appreciate your kind words and feedback. We focus on constant improvement and offering fantastic service.

I hope that you will choose the Marriott Denver West the next time you travel to the area.

Laura L

Been to Denver Marriott West? Share your experiences!