“October wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dove Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Golden
Dove Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added Dove Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
711 14th St., Golden, CO 80401   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Golden B&B and Inns
Lakewood, Colorado
“October wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was a very clean B & B in the center of town which was easy walking distance to hiking, restaurants, breweries, kayaking and shopping. There is an eclectic collection of rooms. The homemade breakfast was fantastic! Elizabeth is an excellent resource for information for travelers. The parents and relatives for both families stayed here for a Columbus weekend wedding. We thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere (fresh cookies included) to sit and visit with each other to plan our day's activities.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a Jacuzzi or claw-foot tub. Stairway upstairs is steep for large luggage. Fre...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Indonesian first
Greeley, colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed last weekend. At check-in there is a board that describes the next mornings breakfast. I was surprised that there was only one option- French toast. I asked if I could request something else (I have never liked soggy bread). She was very receptive and said I could have fruit with granola. Unfortunately, the portions were tiny. We were both disappointed. Our room was very clean, sheets were soft, and the two person jacuzzi tub was relaxing. The walls were very thin so we were able to hear the neighbors' activities. The sitting room has a great coffee/ hot chocolate/ cappuccino machine.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Elizabeth P, Owner at Dove Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Jim & Michelle,

I am sorry you were disappointed with breakfast, I wish I would have had the chance to make it right for you. I am often told by my guest that breakfast was delicious but that the portions are too big, so I have reduced the portion size and it has seemed to be more pleasing on the whole. It is so hard to gauge how hungry my guests are, it is a good heads up for me to ask if they would like more. I am always up for suggestions so please let me know if you think of anything else I could do better. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope you will give us another try.
Best Regards,
Elizabeth
The Dove Inn
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

And we've been to many. Elizabeth was warm and helpful and delivered a wonderful breakfast each morning. Our room was cozy, warm and soothingly decorated. The common areas downstairs had magazines, books, cookies, fancy latte maker and homemade cookies! We were able to walk downtown as we were only a block away. We will highly recommend the Dove Inn to anybody staying in this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New Lenox, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Dove Inn was exactly what I wanted. Quaint, cozy, clean, and comfortable. We stayed in the Aspen Suite which had a very comfortable bed, a sitting area, and a jacuzzi tub. Plenty of room. I would caution some visitors that the stairs to the second floor are quite steep. I had a tough time lugging my suitcase up there.
Breakfast was great: homemade peach muffins, asparagus quiche, apple-smoked sausage, a nice fruit combination, and a generous choice of beverages. Breakfast was served right on time in the cozy dining area adjacent to the inviting parlor.
Dove Inn is located on a quiet street within easy walking distance of downtown Golden.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

The room is very comfortable and very nice. The Dove Inn is walking distance to Table Mountain Grill for dinner. The Dove Inn's lobby has homemade cookies, snacks, and drinks. The innkeepers are very nice. Thank you. Rita Bennett

• Stayed August 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have stayed here a several occasions and have always had a wonderful time. The location is great, within walking distance to all the shops and restaurants of downtown Golden. The rooms are clean provide everything you need. There is fresh ice tea and snacks during the day, as well as a fancy coffee machine where you can have lattes to hot chocolate anytime day or night. The breakfasts were a great way to start our days. Overall, a great B&B!

Room Tip: The Serenity suite has an excellent bath tub and separate shower. Its in the back and quite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in B&Bs for decades. While many of these B&Bs have been wonderful, only a precious few stand out as uniquely excellent and memorable because they are run not just as businesses but with heart. Their owners extend a genuine warmth and friendship and truly love meeting and welcoming travelers into their home. The Dove Inn is one of these rare “finds.” It really felt like our home away from home thanks to Elizabeth. She could not have been more helpful and accommodating. An added bonus is her baking – scrumptious breakfasts and home-made cookies or bars (plus fruit and filtered water) available during the day. We will surely return whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dove Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!