“Best Gyro in Town!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Denver CO USA
“Best Gyro in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I've been eating at Ali Bab's for several years now since Golden is near my work and Ali Baba's is in Golden. I've tried numerous dishes but I always come back to lunch Gyro Meat platter, served with basmati rice, a salad, and freshly grilled gyro meat (lamb and beef combination). I just love this dish. Everything is so fresh and delicious.

The service here is always good. Not necessarily speedy, but that's not a bad thing either.

• Visited April 2013

Denver, Co
“Good food, average service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've been eating here for several years and returned recently after a long hiatus. Food is always very good. As a vegetarian, I like the variety of really good tasting vegatarian options. I've fallen in love with their small baked pies. Unbelievably cheap and very tasty. Combined with a fresh house salad, they make an inexpensive and delicious meal. My husband had a chicken salad with soup and found it very good as well.

The only problem is the service. They seem to have young, unsmiling college kids doing the serving. Ours did not take down our order but rather tried to remember from memory and got the salad wrong. A smile, particualry to older patrons would be nice.

However, the food came relatively quickly, even though they were busy. And the decor is incredible. Very middle eastern. Sit in the back room and just look at the walls and ceiling.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I love Middle Eastern food. Tried Ali Baba for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. It's in a strip mall and I hadn't expected much. The food was very tasty. The spinach sambousek was crisp on the outside and warm spinach on the inside. Loved the lamb kafta kabob--hot off the grill. My companion loved her chicken shawarma as well. I only wish they had a salad sampler plate so I could have tried more selections.

The service was perfunctory at best...could use some work. The decor is dark and quite pretty. However, the plates are plastic, melamine-type, which spoils the image. Probably will stick to going there for lunch rather than an evening meal.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Evergreen, Colorado
“Best hummus and babagaboush ever! Gluten free friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have been going to this restaurant since the year it opened. It never disappoints. The tasteot the babaganoush chanes b/c it is made fresh and eggplant taste chanes by season. But it is good. Always. This place is gluten free friendly. Easy to eat vegetarian here too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado
“Take your chance eating there!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I went there with group of my friends. we all ordered koobideh kabab.
Believe it or not every plate's koobideh was burned, and as dry as beef jerky!
Service is nice.
I am not sure about the food since everyone of us ordered the same plate and every plate was the same.
I am not sure if I want to go there again!

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Ali Baba Grill? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Ali Baba Grill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.