“Great little restaurant in Golden” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Indulge Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 136 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 13th
Description: New location in Golden, CO
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Great little restaurant in Golden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Me and my friends tried this place after going to the Coors Brewery. We were all hungry looking to try some food, and have something other than beer. We decided on Indulge and were glad we did. We ate at the bar, the bartender was friendly. He helped us pick a bunch of small plates and desserts to split. Great food!

Visited October 2013

Evergreen, Colorado
“Upscale; pricey; cool decor; small town downtown setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Expect high quality unique menu and ingredients with many options good for sharing and nibbling. Higher-end wine selection. Good for after work happy hour and business/work meetings in a town that can use better restaurant options; not attractive for families or those on a budget looking for value. The atmosphere/decor is cool and service from novice servers. Soup bowls are over sized proportionally and other plate settings are awkward.

Visited November 2013
Denver
“"Indulge" yourself in Golden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We've eaten at Indulge 5 times and have never been disappointed. Several times we ate outside during happy hour and had good service and an interesting variety of small plates to share. Recently we ate a full meal indoors and were again very happy. We split the duck salad, which turned out to still be sizable portions. It had a nice light dressing and was delicious. My wife had the pork chops, which were juicy and full of flavor and I had the gnocci with chicken. The gnocci were light and tender but the sauce was just a little heavy. I don't often comment on the wait staff but that night our waitperson, Kat, was a standout. She was friendly and personable, she offered good advice about the food options and her wine suggestion was right on. I hope I have one of her tables the next time I'm there. The restaurant itself is done in a contemporary style with nice-looking rooms and good lighting. Indulge is a place you can easily return to again and again for good food and a good experience in the heart of Golden.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Golden, Colorado
“Dis-a-pointed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We returned for happy hour, happy to be able to walk to Indulge from home. We arrived in time, and were seated promptly. Service kinda went down from there. Not terrible, but if you want to compete with the best (or even the better), then you had better show up. I kind of feel like the atmosphere of service is still a little too casual. Like they don't care as much as they do in places in LoDo. Wine was good, food was disappointing. The ribs were great, the duck wings and Indulge skins were totally meh. Really? Meh? How do you make duck wings meh? Serve them with really bland ranch(?) dressing or something. Really lacking in flavor depth. Same with the skins. Took forever to get our check (although the other tables next to us seemed to do a little better). A different server did get our water filled steady. Still, for a bill north of $60, we were left feeling empty and disappointed. Probably won't go back any time soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arvada, Colorado, United States
“Good wine, disgraceful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and I went to Indulge on a Friday night at 10pm. We sat at a cocktail table for a few minutes and no one came by so we moved to the bar. Not one of the several bartenders, who walked by us, acknowledged our presence. Instead, more time was spent talking to the girls to our right, visiting with guests who already been served, and general walking around in a generally oblivious state. Finally, right before we were about to leave, a fourth person came behind the bar and realized we hadn't been served. I ordered a $20 per glass wine, which was good but served way too warm. For a wine bar to serve a red that was well above 70 degrees is simply sad. My glass sat empty for a while before any of the multiple bartenders asked if I needed anything and at that point, all I wanted was the check. I immediately placed my credit card in the credit card holder of the check presenter and it took another five plus minutes for the check to be run. We got up to leave and not one of the bartenders offered a thanks or have a good night. I manage high end restaurants in one of the top hotels in Denver and while I didn't expect the same level of service that we provide, the casual indifference I experienced tonight is pathetic. No, we will not be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere