“Great old quilts” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 26 Attractions in Golden
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: The focus of this specialty museum is on the preservation and art of quilts and quilt-making through its permanent collection of more than 250 quilts in a variety of styles, from historic and traditional to contemporary and artistic.
Broomfield, Colorado
29 attraction reviews
“Great old quilts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I thought that some of these quilts were pretty awesome. They were very pretty and remind me of some of the family quilts that we have at home. I also bought some things from their little shop area as gifts.

Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
3 attraction reviews
“High price for little to see”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I love quilts and have always wanted to stop in this museum while two of my sons attended Mines, and I finally stopped in, though those sons have long graduated. For a $6 entry fee there were only like a dozen or so quilts on display; WOW, is that all?! For the price, I don't think it was worth it.

Visited October 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, California
21 attraction reviews
“This was a rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I am a quilter & was looking forward to going through this "museum." It is not a museum, just one small room with a less than 20 quilts in it. My quilt guild has had quilt shows with over 100 quilts & we charge as much as they did to get in. I went back out to the desk & asked the lady if there were additional rooms to view & she said that no, it was just the one room. Don't go here!

Visited September 2012
“Do not waste your money it's a rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

My grandmother is a quilt inthusist and was super excited when she got the chance to go here. When she got there she was very disappointed the museum in all had about maybe 20 and non of them were antique in her own words it wasn't worth the $6.00 admission fee and save it for something better that Golden has to offer

The Woodlands, Texas, United States
21 attraction reviews
“The Glory of Quilts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Rockey mountain quilt museum displays a changing panorama of beautiful quilts. A docent will take you around and explain why each quilt is special. My wife and I enjoyed the stories behind each quilt we viewed. This is a highlight for any quilting fans.

Visited July 2012