“Always something new to see!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 52 things to do in Golden
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Lose track of time year-round at our Depot Museum and 15-acre railyard featuring over 100 engines, cabooses and coaches, Garden and HO layouts, renowned library and roundhouse restoration facility with working turntable. Special events and train rides behind a vintage steam locomotive throughout the year. Train rides each Saturday. Visit our website for group rates, events and information.
Almont, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
“Always something new to see!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I try to stop by the museum at least one a year to see what new project the folks have going. I always enjoy my visits!!!

Visited May 2014

7 attraction reviews
“Great for Kids of all ages! (especially grandpa!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We needed a way to spend half a day with our grandson and this turned out perfect! The exhibits are wonderful and presented in a historic way. The interaction with the kids by the paid and volunteer staff was Great.
All kids seem to be train buffs and there is plenty of hands on things for them to do. I have been to a few state railroad museums around the country and this is near the top of the list. Great way to spend part of the day!
We will return again one day as new exhibits are always in progress. thanks for the memory!

Visited April 2014
Roseville, California
“Great Attraction for the Entire Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Visited here with my son and daughter and had a wonderful time. We rode the "Flying Goose" Train, and the conductor did a fabulous job in explaining the history of these types of "trains". The museum was great and the volunteers were wonderful in giving us information about the different types of trains in the museum. My son especially enjoyed exploring each of the trains that were open for us to get on.
Great Job!

Visited March 2014
Lafayette, Colorado, United States
12 attraction reviews
“Great outing with our Grandson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I'm not sure who had more fun, my husband or Grandson! We enjoyed a couple hours at the museum. My husband and I would love to see more posted information about the individual trains. The number you can actually go on is limited. They Museum does have a sign posted stating they don't have the staff and funds to have all the trains open. It is mostly outside so I recommended going on a warm day and we intend to go back on a Saturday, when we can ride one of the trains. To get the most out of your experience check out the website so you;ll know when the outdoor model train as well as the train rides are.

Visited March 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
33 attraction reviews
“Great place for train lovers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Took our Ohio parents here for a visit. It was a bit toasty during our visit so recommend you see the museum early in the day (although there are plenty of shady places both in and out). There are special times for the operation of the outdoor model railroad, so check out the website for times. You can probably get through all of the displays in 1-2 hours including the model trains inside.

Visited July 2013

Been to Colorado Railroad Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Colorado Railroad Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.