“Quaint and Clever” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 26 Attractions in Golden
Type: Historic Sites, Cultural
Activities: Dining, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: This recreation of a 19th-century, Victorian West village has a variety of shops and amusements.
Issaquah WA
13 attraction reviews
“Quaint and Clever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The show was cleverly written. We enjoyed the performers' voices. They seemed to enjoy thier work a great deal. The food was OK. I really liked the soup. The price was reasonable. I thought there would be more shops. We had our photos taken at the "OLD WEST" studio. The pictures turned out great.

Littleton, Colorado, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Something for all ages!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

If someone is coming into town during the summer, we make a trip to Heritage Square. Doesn't matter what your interest you can find something here! WEAR comfortable shoes, sunblock, drink a lot of water and make a day of it!

Visited August 2011
Fruita, Colorado, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Be Prepared”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We took our family here after finding it online. Nowhere did I see that you will need to pay for two seperate unlimited passes to ride all of the rides and then you would still need to pay for the Alpine slide seperately. Needless to say we were highly disappointed. The rides were small and very limited on time allowed to ride. It was a waste of time for us.

New Orleans, Louisiana
7 attraction reviews
“Very different setting for an amusement park.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I had to return to Heritage Square, because when I lived in Denver 20 years ago, I used to take my kids there quite often. However, I never got around to taking one of those old time saloon black and white photos. So I dragged my hubby in to Professor Goodbellows and finally took one. Another thing I never got around to was riding the Alpine Slide. My hubby and I paid for one ride down the hill, and both of us had so much fun that we wished we'd have paid for 3 rides. We also enjoyed looking in the shops. The place is so different than other amusement parks and sort of reminds me of how Disney tries to duplicate small towns with shops -- but on a much smaller scale. We didn't stay long or ride all the rides, but I got what I went for and left satisfied. Others may find it cheesy, but I like this place a lot.

Colorado, United States
“Used to be great...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Unfortunately this hidden gem theme park is now a place I have come to loathe. The prices are outrageous, food is sub par and the rides are wayyyyy too short for the amount of tickets. $10 for 10 tickets and you can get on maybe one or two fun rides, woooooooo...

Now here's the reason why I will never set foot here again... What the hell is wrong with your employees?! I was threatened, accused and thrown out for smoking a CIGARETTE. How dare your so called 'friendly employees' accuse me and my friends of doing drugs and tell us to 'Get off our high horses and beat it before the cops arrest you.' I assume this was because of the way we look and dress, and I know I'm right because it was, like I said, a cigarette. This woman walked right out of a building no where near us and started harassing us for no reason. Your employees are self absorbed profilers and if that's how they are going to treat people just because someone looks different then they and the people that hire these jerks have some serious problems. Next time I'll use the money I wasted here and go to Elitches where I can be treated with RESPECT, something the people at Heritage Square obviously need to learn.

The ONLY good part about Heritage Square these days is Aspen Lee Gifts. The owner(?) was by my side for a good 15 minutes helping me pick out an item she knew I wanted but couldn't decide if I should actually buy, and I mean this is a no pressure kind of way. She made me feel good about my purchase and I know I made the right choice thanks to her help. Unfortunately this was the one and only thing about my previous experience that made it even remotely worthwhile.