“Excellent First B&B Experience!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Touch of Heaven/The Talmar Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Golden
A Touch of Heaven/The Talmar Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added A Touch of Heaven/The Talmar Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
16720 West 63rd Place, Golden, CO 80403   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Golden B&B and Inns
colorado
“Excellent First B&B Experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

K and I had our first Bed and Breakfast experience this weekend. We only could stay with Kathy one night, but wished we could have spent much longer at the Talmar. Kathy was a very gracious hostess for us, meeting us in the driveway on our arrival, and showing us around the property at our check in. She was extremely friendly and catered to our requests very nicely. We stayed in the Royal Suite, and completely enjoyed it. The private entrance to the Suite was very nice, as we didn't have to worry about bothering Kathy when we returned from dinner in Golden. The suite itself was nicely appointed, and had wonderful features. I don't know if my favorite was the waterfall / jacuzzi tub or the sauna. It was all very wonderful. Our filet mignon and eggs were delightful, and the conversation with Kathy was great. Kathy even gave K and I a special toast during our breakfast. It's one I will remember always. As K and I were getting ready to make the short trip home (we live locally) we both talked about how our stay at the Talmar helped us feel a thousand miles from home. It was a stupendous mini-vacation for us! I would highly recommend a stay at Talmar to anyone.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

My wife and I have stayed at many B&Bs around the world. This was THE most luxurious ever and on our 40th Anniversary so perfect in many ways and the price is the best for the footage and amenities that we've EVER encountered. If anyone has found better, please let us know at gpacord@q.com as we want to go there. Kathy Bury, the innkeeper and author, was immediately like a close friend from the minute we walked in the door to when we left after she showed us her two Arabians and Spirit did tricks just for us! The luxury of The Royal Suite was most excellent and I have NEVER written anything positive about any place; even overseas in "Big Name" resorts! Ms. Bury will grab your heart and her rooms and prices are the best we've experienced. We saw what we "should" have expected on the website but we know how that can end up. Well, we walked into the Royal Suite and it was just that. Royal! Our jaws fell open and the more we looked and photographed, the more impressed we were. Kathy has thought of everything for your luxury and convenience. Just look at her scrapbooks from other guests comments and you will agree. She was worried about my filet for our 2nd day's breakfast and it was more tender and delicious than any of the best steak houses in Denver! It was the most memorable anniversary that we have ever had!! Try it. You won't be disappointed. And if you enjoy horses, this is your kind of place.

• Liked — Luxury and size of suite
  • Disliked — Some minor property repair
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

Quite simply the best B&B or hotel excperience one could have. The rooms are beautiful and spotlessly clean. The food is marvelous and Kathy.....
well, Kathy is the most congenial hostess I've ever met. warm, friendly and always smiling. TThe rates are an unbelieveable bargain as well. Talmar is truly a "Touch of Heaven".

Guy James
Fort Myers Florida

• Liked — The Friendly, beautiful atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing at all
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
sharp47
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon and stayed in the Royal Suite! We had read all of the wonderful reviews online...but when we got there the hospitality and service is more than words can describe!! Kathy took excellent care of us...from making sure we had champagne and music when we arrived ...to our wonderful breakfast the next morning on the deck! The pictures of the room don't do it justice...it is absolutely amazing and well priced for everything that is included! I would recommend "A Touch of Heaven-Royal Suite" to anyone who wants a little romance in there life. Thank you Kathy for such a memorable time and great HONEYMOON!!!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Lafayette IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

We stayed in the Royal Suite - which I can highly recommend. There is pletty of space, a very nice hot tube in the room that has a small indoor water fall beside it, and a sauna .... all in the suite! There is also an entrance/exit to the outside directly from the suite so you can come and go as you please. It is not too expensive either.

Kathy (the owner) was wonderful as well. She made a very nice breakfast every morning - in fact I think I had the best french toast I've ever had. Kathy would knock on the door when breakfast was ready and then leave us to have a nice quiet brekfast by ourselves. Also, my girlfriend is vegetarian, and Kathy went out of her way to cater to her wishes.

In addition, we had bought several backpacking items that we could fit in our bags to fly back. I am moving out to Denver soon, and Kathy is letting us keep them at the Talmar until I return to pick them up - she's great!

We had a wonderful stay at the Talmar - I highly recommend.

• Liked — The room and the owner
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maui, HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

Wow! What a beautiful location, wonderful host, and horses with personality. Thank you so much for a refreshing vacation! Aloha
Lydia
Maui, HI

• Liked — The accomidations were very nice, the breakfasts were amazing, and Kathy Spirit and Dolly were especially amazing to be around!
  • Disliked — nothing...it was a place the family could hang out and watch a movie together...very relaxing atomsphere
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

My husband and I just wanted to get away for the weekend, I looked and looked on line for a B&B that was close to Denver but in the foothills and found Talmar. This was an amazing place. The room we stayed in was the "Royal Suite" and it was HUGE! It had a huge bed, a gorgeous bathroom, and a nice little area with a loveseat and fireplace with a TV and of course a piano. I think my husband loved the Sauna the best! Personally I enjoyed the big bathtub. Kathy is such a sweetheart and so interesting to talk to. The breakfast was great. And we had such a nice visit with Kathy while we finished up our meal. Afterwards I had a chance to take some treats to the horses. Right before we left, I asked Kathy to play the piano and she is really good! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a warm and welcoming place to spend the night or the week. I plan on returning as soon as I am able! Thank you Kathy for a great weekend!

• Liked — the owner
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to A Touch of Heaven/The Talmar Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!