“One of the greatest weekends of our lives” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Touch of Heaven/The Talmar Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Golden
A Touch of Heaven/The Talmar Bed & Breakfast
You added A Touch of Heaven/The Talmar Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
16720 West 63rd Place, Golden, CO 80403   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Golden B&B and Inns
Sarasota, Florida
“One of the greatest weekends of our lives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2007

The stay at this bed and breakfast was incredible. The room was amazing. It featured a very comfortable king size bed, a very large bathtub with a waterfall and a sauna. It had a beautiful piano in the room which was great to play. It also had a very romantic nook with a fireplace.

Our hostess was very warm and interesting to chat with. We stayed two nights and both mornings the breakfasts were amazing. Each meal was just enough and had a wonderful presentation and did I mention it was incredibly delicious.

From the moment you walk in you feel a warm, welcoming feeling and it was very hard to leave. We will definitely return, and hopefully soon. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone. You won't regret it!

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple

Blackpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2007

We started our 2007 holiday at the Talmar. Kathy was a wonderful hostess, giving good advice on the surrounding area, things to see and do. Breakfasts were excellent, and the accomodation was spotless. A great start to a wonderful trip.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2007

This was our first stay at a B&B and it was wonderful. Ms Bury was a very nice lady and a very good cook. We stayed in the Royal Suite and it was lovley. The weather was warm and dry so we had breakfast on the deck outside the room. It was a very good experience.

• Liked — very clean and good food
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2007

Kathy Bury, the owner of the Talamar B&B is actually very nice, however the experience my daughter and I had with her was not always pleasant. What was good about the B&B was that it is located in a quiet area, my daughter really enjoyed the jacuzzi, it was more affordable then some, and the room was spacious. We stayed in what was supposed to be the "grandest room," the Royal Sweet. It was not all that nice. It had a small television, however it was located far away from the large bed in a different section of the room in front of a very small couch. The decor was a mixture of item's from the 70's & 80's, this is obvious also by walking through the rest of the B&B. The food was probably the most dissapointing. We stayed there for three days and the food was very "no frills." There was never enough to drink, and my daughter and I usually left hungry. The food was supposed to be "four stars, I would say two at the most. One morning we had french toast which included, a few pieces of dried microwaved bacon, and a tiny glass of orange juice, that was it. In fact the syrup for the french toast,was still left in the litte container it was purchased in. There were no cold cereals to choose from, and absolutely no peace and quiet while eating. The inkeeper stood there talking over us never getting the hint to just leave my daughter and I alone!!! Whether you wanted to listen or not, Kathy simply "talked your ear off." Also, regarding the air conditioning be warned!! My daughter and I were forced to upgrade to the Royal sweet because all of the other rooms in the B&B were to hot, because of faulty airconditioning. There were rooms that were nicer than the supposed "honeymoon sweet" but with Kathy's AC not working, the rest of the B&B was boiling hot. Lastely; I know the innkeeper has a good heart but not one morning durring breakfast was my daughter and I left in peace and quiet. We ate in the kitchen next to the stove where the inkeeper literally talked our ear off. If you are not a "morning person" be warned. Then when you leave Talamar you are practically forced to take pictures with here and autograph this huge book she has with other past Talamar visitiors, whether you had a favorable experience or not. 99% of the decor is old seventies, the food is very, very plain, you are not allowed to ride the horses, even though on here website it emplies you can, this is at best a two and a half star B&B. I have traveled the world many times, stayed in many B&B's and this was by far the worst experience ever. If you have an upcomming wedding I implore you to think of another place to stay other than Talamar. It is true that the inkeeper is very sweet and kind but in my opinion a two & a half star B&B should not be touted as a four or five star. Thank you

• Liked — It was cheap in price
  • Disliked — Falso advertising, & the very plain breakfasts in the morning
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2007

Kathy is an incredible hostess - we had a fantastic time at the Talmar. Our stay was not nearly long enough, and our schedule was so busy that we didn't really get the full experience. However - Kathy was very accommodating and the breakfast was spectacular! Definitely on our list of places to visit again!

• Liked — Kathy's hospitality and the jacuzzi!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tombstone, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

If your looking for a secluded get-away close to nature and only a short drive from Denver, look no further. My new wife and I booked 3 nights in the Royal Suite. We had planned to spend the remainder of our honeymoon in Boulder. Needless to say, we ended up staying 7 nights. The room was clean, well organized, and very large. We could have held a gymnastics competition in there. Trees formed an umbrella of privacy over the private patio. I was even able to fit in my weekly swim. All I had to do was fill the bath tub. Spirit and Dolly, permanent equine residents at Talmar, love to eat carrots and whatever is left over from breakfast. By far, the best part about Talmar was Kathy, the wonderful inn-keeper. She was very knowledgable about the area and was always ready to draw a precise map with many sites along the route. Her breakfast is to die for. It was our first Bed and Breakfast experience and the experience definetly changed our outlook. Kathy, Dolly, and Spirit made our honeymoon in Colorado a memory we'll never forget.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

We booked two nights in the Royal Suite and wished we had planned for more time. If you are looking for a place that is offers high class amenities with a home touch this is the place for you. The price is more then affordable for the luxury this place will supply in abundance. The original website to this lovely property does not do it true justice. The pictures that i reviewed before our actual stay does not give you the true feeling of size or splendor that
the suite actually supplies. Kathy is a wonderful hostess that goes out of her way to supply you with any service or advice that you may need to make your stay truly wonderful. The food goes beyond most places with well cooked dishes and changes in variety and time to suit your individual needs. I know of no other hotel or bed & breakfast that offers such conditions for this low price. I would certainly stay again and plan to return as quickly as possible to revisit the loveliness of this house and Denver.

• Liked — The actual luxury it presented
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to A Touch of Heaven/The Talmar Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!