“Business conference” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Golden
Rawlins
“Business conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel was centrally located along a nice river walk. I really don't know what else to say about this hotel, as I did not use the restaurant or lounge. This is my first review on TripAdvisor, so I did not know that I needed to come up with a minimum of 200 characters.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Well as many other reviews mention, the huge highlight for this hotel is the location - right in the center of Golden. This simy can't be beat and would make this my first choice when returning to the Area regardless.

In terms of the rear of the picture I was say the hotel is a little above average. As you enter the hotel, the lobby area is very impressive with lots of western decor and a beautiful fireplace which dominates the room. I arrived late in the day and the receptionist was efficient and polite and completed check in quickly and was directed to my room.

As you move through the hotel, it can appear a little dated but was clean so nothing bad to report.

The room was also clean and well appointed with king bed, desk, coffee maker, etc. the heating / air con was a window/ wall unit which was pretty noisy but worked well and kept the room at a recent and constant temp.

My one criticism of the rooms is the noise factor. As well as the air con unit you also had significant noise from outside and from other rooms (TV noise etc). I think my room wa very close to the gym space and a meeting room which was hosting a evening dinner so that did not help. Not a deal breaker but an area for improvement none the less.

Still a good experience and will be back next time in Golden as the location cannot be beat!

• Stayed April 2013
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our ambiance and décor and appreciated the efficient and polite service you received, as it is our goal to provide outstanding service each and every time to all of our guests. It is also wonderful to hear you enjoyed our spectacular location on the creek centrally located to all that Golden has to offer. We appreciate your insightfulness regarding the noise concerns. It is of the upmost importance to investigate and remedy this area of opportunity you experienced. We are thrilled to know you would come back to our hotel- we look forward to seeing you again.
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

At the risk of leaving out mention of whatever great thing you all may do for me between now and tomorrow morning, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your excellent hotel and service.

I am 57 years old, and I have traveled on business all my career.

Yours is the first hotel I've ever stayed in that had real pillows -- ones that hold your head up off the mattress.

I have sleep apnea and require a CPAP machine that uses a mask to blow air into my lungs, so that I continue to breathe when I sleep.

I normally use it with water to keep from drying out, but that is not practical when I travel, because the water must be distilled water to avoid bacterial brain infection from tap water.

I woke up Tuesday morning in my hotel room with a bloody nose because of the dryness here. I asked the kitchen for a pot of boiled water, and to my extreme surprise, they provided me one.

Yesterday, I realized I had not provided my son who is going to college with his monthly rent check. I asked the front desk to provide me an envelope and a stamp, and if at all possible to cause the letter to go by overnight delivery. They sent someone to the post office to make this happen. Unbelieveable.

It is great to know that, at least apart from the chain hotels, fantastic service is alive and well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

A girlfriend and I met in Golden for an overnight getaway. The Golden Hotel was offering a special rate of $52.80 per person, which included the room, and a glass of wine each in the attached restaurant. The woman I spoke with when making the reservation was friendly and helpful. Although I arrived at noon and asked if I could just wait for my friend in the lobby, I was given my room key within 15 minutes. I was also welcomed with a chocolate chip cookie. The lobby is large and welcoming, with a huge fireplace, and beautiful nature photos on the walls. The room was very spacious, spotlessly clean, and well-appointed. I like having the vanity separate from the tub/toilet so two people can get use the facilities simultaneously, and without a fogged-up mirror. The beds were very comfortable. Golden is a small town and, therefore, very walkable. The bike and walking path is behind the hotel. Museums, restaurants and shopping are all within walking distance. There is plenty of free parking at the hotel. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
St. Clairsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for the perfect location for a Colorado vacation book your stay at the Golden Hotel in Golden. This place bends over backwards to make your stay a wonderful experience. The staff is friendly and accommodating to all your needs. The location is perfect for long walks on Clear Creek, great restaurants and downtown shopping. I have stayed here many times over the past few years and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. Great value too!

• Stayed April 2013
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I have spent several anniversary celebrations and a few New Year celebrations at this fine hotel. Because it is a small hotel, you get personalized service that can't be beat.
The rooms are spacious and very clean. The bedding is sumputous. If you are lucky enough to get one of the suites, you will be in for a real treat. Two huge rooms that feel like a condo or townhouse. You get a beautiful view of the river with rafters floating down in summer and ice flows in winter. It is a fabulous view in the winter. The river front has a lovely walkway. The hotel's restaurant has live music at least once per week and takes the fun outside on the patio in the summer.
The staff has always gone out of their way to make us feel special. Without asking, they have included chocolate covered strawberries and champagne for our anniversaries. They also usually do something special in the diningroom for us. It's nice to be given "extras" as a surprise! So rare today.
The downtown area of Golden has been completely updated with cafes, coffee shops, and great restaurants and shopping. Simply walk right out the door of the Golden Hotel, and enjoy your day.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view suite!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review from your recent stay at our property. We appreciate you choosing us as the place to celebrate special occasions such as your anniversaries and New Year’s! It is wonderful that you experienced our team member’s passion to serve our guests - we strive daily to go above and beyond our guest expectations. We are glad that you also have enjoyed our live music, it has been a very popular addition to our restaurant and we are thrilled to provide entertainment to our guests. We know it is the little things that really make a visit memorable, and we couldn’t be happier to have done that for you. I will be sure to share your comments with all of our dedicated team members; I know they will appreciate them just as much as I do.
We look forward to seeing you again in our wonderful town of Golden, Colorado
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you want a stunning room in a beautifully, tastefully decorated hotel with great views of Clear Creek and the city of Golden, then The Golden Hotel is the one for you. The rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed and the service is excellent, even a van service is at your beck and call (and the driver is a sweetheart). Pets are welcomed with their names on the blackboard at the front desk. This is a great spot for couples, families with kids and retirees. And they have very nice banquet rooms in addition to the Bridgewater Grill - where you can sit on the patio in the summertime and watch the world go by.

Room Tip: Specify the view you want and the staff will work to accommodate you.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeremy F, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review of our property! We are so pleased you enjoyed our guest rooms, amenities and stunning views. We constantly strive to go above and beyond our guest expectations, so we couldn’t be happier to hear that you experienced “excellent service” from our team. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you to beautiful Golden, Colorado.

Been to The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel? Share your experiences!