“Exactly what we needed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14600 West 6th Avenue Frontage Road, Golden, CO 80401-525   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Golden
Tampa, Florida
“Exactly what we needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed this place. Expectations are maybe a little less while checking into a Residence Inn compared to a full service Marriott but they exceeded ours. Check in was very smooth, quick and informative. The room was very clean and in a perfect location for our needs. Bathroom and kitchen were both very clean and well appointed although we didn't use the kitchen for much more than water from the tap. The bed was really comfortable too, although it wasn't a king as I thought it would be. The hair dryer stopped working for my wife, mid-use, but we called the desk and Michelle (i think) brought us one immediately, so nice. The only thing I noticed that wasn't perfect was the air vent in the bathroom was missing a screw and falling out. I didn't really care much but I noticed. The hotel itself is located very close to I-70 and the Colorado Mills Mall area. Lots of shopping and restaurants etc. Almost too much retail for one area, haha. All said, a great little hotel with a great staff.

Room Tip: I liked 104, near the side door and on the ground floor. Easy access.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

I just wanted to thank you for your positive review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our hotel. I'll certainly take a look at that screw, thank you for letting us know! I'm glad you liked our staff, our breakfast, the rooms, our hotel and the bed.We'd love to welcome you back to the property and hope to see you again!

Jesse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We choose to stay here each time we visit family in the area. The king bed room is comfy and clean. Breakfast is delicious. Suite is roomy for 2, and full of amenities. Employees and nice caliber of guests are friendly. Lots of storage in vanity and closet. Extremely convenient to town or the mountains.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your positive review! We're so glad that you've chosen to make our hotel your "GoTo" for Golden! We are thrilled you like our hotel and can't wait to have you back!

Jesse Loose
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed here one night as part of a longer road trip. The hotel is located conveniently near I-70 and the Colorado Mills mall. The location is close to many upscale dining and shopping options, as well as the light rail. Our room was very clean and quiet. The breakfast was not of the same quality I have seen at other Residence Inn properties, but it was still pretty good and better than trying to go out to eat. Despite being close to two major highways, the hotel was very quiet and not crowded.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hi There!
I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for the positive review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. I'm very happy to hear that you found your room clean and pleasant. And that you liked our location!

I hope the rest of your road trip was a success!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights while visiting for a wedding in Lakewood. Wonderful management staff was very accomodating to our needs focused around travelling with our toddler. I have read a couple of reviews that indicate it needs renovation, but I thought it was fine. Outside of the carb-heavy breakfast which is pretty standard for Residence Inn properties, the stay was great. The chlorine in the hot tub was a little intense, though.

Stayed June 2014
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Guest!

What a nice review. I really apprecaite your commending our staff and managers! I'm going to pass this note on, because I really believe we have amazing people working here! I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback!

In regard to the chlorine in the hot tub... That would probably be my own doing; our Maintenance Manager has been out on vacation and I'm not quite as proficient at keep the chemicals in perfect balance as he is. That said; I'm very good at reading them. Admittedly, there have been a couple of times the chlorine has gotten a bit high (my apologies for it also). Please be assured that we are watching for any unsafe levels; we've even been forced to close the hot tub a couple of times. I had a personal triumph today when I got the chemicals of both the hot tub and pool in perfect balance! Perhaps I'm getting the hang of it.

Thank you again! We hope to see you soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This has been my Go-To hotel in the Golden/Lakewood area since 2003, but my stay there earlier this month will probably be my last, which is a shame because of its proximity to my training destination in Lakewood. The staff was courteous and friendly as ever, but the Hotel is starting to show its age. Downspouts are hanging free, and sway with the breeze, the carpet has seen better days, especially in the Elevator and around the bed. Speaking of the bed, the mattress in my room had developed a sag from all of the single travelers sleeping in it, and the mirror in the room had been cracked at some time and not replaced. I know theses are all minor things, but they distract from the overall experience. It is obvious the owners need to re-invest some of the money they have made over the years to save this hotel before it is too late.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Hi Harold,

First I'd like to thank you for two things. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Second I'd like to thank you for making us your go--to hotel in the area.

I do agree with you; it's time for us to have some needed updates. Good news! Our owners have scheduled a 4 million dollar renovation in December and January. The hotel will be spectacular.

I really appreciate your feedback. To be honest, I don't feel like the issues you experienced were all minor. I'm especially sorry that you found the bed uncomfortable and that the mirror was cracked. Although we have to wait for the renovation to update carpet, furniture and paint... I can and will certainly work on the bed and the mirror.

In the last two weeks we actually did have a few items that went wacky. Our hot tub had a part that went out, a compressor went out on a refrigerator in the market and our printer in the Business center broke down. My goodness, when it rains it pours. All of these have been fixed. I only mention these because I believe you stayed with us during a time when we had a few more challenging issues than is normal.

Until our renovation I intended to focus our team on being clean, friendly and well maintained. I hope you'll consider staying with us again, and am certainly excited to share our property with you after we have a brand new look.

If I may be of assistance in any way, please feel free to contact me.

Jesse Loose
LR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We came here after leaving another property and because we are marriott rewards members . We love marriott; please read entire review because we were glad we stayed here.
Sadly upon checking in we did find this location in dire need of updating, and serious cleaning of common areas . Elevator smelled very bad and carpet dirty. We had to look at 3 rooms before deciding to stay. Front desk clerk was kind enough to use Marriott customer satisfaction policy to upgrade us a little which made us able to stay. That said, we were very glad we switched to this hotel because we were comfy, had a good hot breakfast and they had very strong coffee too. Something I look for in the morning! Plus the staff is friendly. The parking can be a bit hard for handicapped FYI which I am. With only one elevator for entire property, it's a bit of a walk for me. However if you can find a place to park in the back near the elevator that helps . When we returned at night tho, there was no where to park, so my hubby left me off by elevator and parked a way away. Next morning at check out, he picked me up there with our bags etc. So prepare for this if you are challenged. It would be great if they had two elevators and/or more handicap parking.
The location is close to some very good restaurants and shopping but ask for exact directions. Returning at night it's easy to take the wrong turn.
I hope to return after they renovate because we have friends very close by, love residence inns and would stay here once it's been updated and freshened up! Thank you Marriott :)

Room Tip: If you can afford to get the one bedroom, it does make a difference. Ask for room on top floor for q...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

I wanted to just take a moment and thank you for your feedback. I'm very happy that overall we were able to accommodate you and that you enjoyed your stay. I'm happy to report that we will have a renovation in December of '14 and January of '15.

We hope to see you back, when you'll see a new very nicely refreshed property.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night and the amenities were great and staff was friendly! A complementary dinner was served from 5:30-7:30 m-w and breakfast and parking are included. We signed up for a Marriott Rewards Credit, highly recommend!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi Colleen,

Thanks so much for your kind words and your five rating! We apprecaite your business and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay here!

Jesse

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden? Share your experiences!