“Run down but still nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden

You added Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14600 West 6th Avenue Frontage Road, Golden, CO 80401-525   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Golden
LR
“Run down but still nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We came here after leaving another property and because we are marriott rewards members . We love marriott; please read entire review because we were glad we stayed here.
Sadly upon checking in we did find this location in dire need of updating, and serious cleaning of common areas . Elevator smelled very bad and carpet dirty. We had to look at 3 rooms before deciding to stay. Front desk clerk was kind enough to use Marriott customer satisfaction policy to upgrade us a little which made us able to stay. That said, we were very glad we switched to this hotel because we were comfy, had a good hot breakfast and they had very strong coffee too. Something I look for in the morning! Plus the staff is friendly. The parking can be a bit hard for handicapped FYI which I am. With only one elevator for entire property, it's a bit of a walk for me. However if you can find a place to park in the back near the elevator that helps . When we returned at night tho, there was no where to park, so my hubby left me off by elevator and parked a way away. Next morning at check out, he picked me up there with our bags etc. So prepare for this if you are challenged. It would be great if they had two elevators and/or more handicap parking.
The location is close to some very good restaurants and shopping but ask for exact directions. Returning at night it's easy to take the wrong turn.
I hope to return after they renovate because we have friends very close by, love residence inns and would stay here once it's been updated and freshened up! Thank you Marriott :)

Room Tip: If you can afford to get the one bedroom, it does make a difference. Ask for room on top floor for q...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

I wanted to just take a moment and thank you for your feedback. I'm very happy that overall we were able to accommodate you and that you enjoyed your stay. I'm happy to report that we will have a renovation in December of '14 and January of '15.

We hope to see you back, when you'll see a new very nicely refreshed property.

Jesse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night and the amenities were great and staff was friendly! A complementary dinner was served from 5:30-7:30 m-w and breakfast and parking are included. We signed up for a Marriott Rewards Credit, highly recommend!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi Colleen,

Thanks so much for your kind words and your five rating! We apprecaite your business and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay here!

Bridgeport, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here for about ten days while my husband trained in Golden. The hotel was mediocre. This was unfortunate because the website made it appear spectacular. Not knowing the area at all I was disappointed. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and the hotel really needed an upgrade. Most of the time we were there the hot tub was not working. This was quite frustrating considering the cost. They did offer a nice continental breakfast every morning. Also a couple days a week they offered a dinner which was unexpected and appreciated. Hotel staff was very friendly also. However, if I had the opportunity to stay there again I wouldn't.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 102 which didn't have great access to parking if you got in after 5pm on weekd...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that we did not fully meet your expectations.

We do get very mixed reviews on our beds, I've heard they are great from some, but I've also heard of some guests being uncomfortable. I'm going to check the room you were in and see if perhaps we can replace that bed.

I'm so sorry that the hot tub was down when you were here. There was a very special gasket that broke and we needed to special order it. Until we received that part, we could not properly control them chemicals, and for safety I did need to close it. I'm so sorry this impacted your stay.
At times we've had to close the spa for a few hours, but this this was certainly the most extended period of time we've needed to close it. It is back up and fully functioning.

I'm very happy you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and social hour. I'm also very I'm very happy that you found our staff friendly! Our goal is to be consistently clean and friendly!

I hope you'll consider staying at our property again if you're back in the area. Our hot tub is back and in great order. We will also be renovating our property in December and January of 2015. it's going to be spectacular.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We were attending a business meeting at the larger Marriott 5 minutes away, so we decided to stay here for less cost and much larger room. The room is actually a small apartment, with a two burner stove, fridge, microwave and basic kitchen supplies. They very nicely stock the room with some tea bags, coffee and sugar. And a microwave popcorn. Our bed was very comfortable. The bathroom nicely separates the toilet/shower from the sink and counter. There a comfortable couch in the sitting room, with a desk and charging station. The WiFi is free. It's tucked off of the Sixth ave highway on a frontage road, and it's quiet. The mountains rise up to the west. It's not far from Golden proper. There is a huge shopping mall with many restaurants just a few minutes away. There is a full hot breakfast in the morning. This would be a great place to stay with kids due to extra space and ability keep food on hand. Going out to eat with kids can sometimes be daunting.

Room Tip: The west side will be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Hi There!!

I wanted to take a moment and write a quick thank you for your very nice and descriptive (I might add) review of our property. You described all of the things I believe makes us a great property! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay here, and I hope perhaps one day we'll have you back as our guest! Our full property renovation will be complete at the end of January 2014, so perhaps you can come back and see the new digs!

Happy Jack
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for our Grandson's graduation from CSM and it was a lovely place to stay. It was close to the college, had a lovely view from our room and wonderful breakfast.....needless to say the bed was very comfortable too. Very nice!

Room Tip: Gorgeous view and close to Colorado School of Mines!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Guest!

I wanted to take a moment and thank you so much for staying with us. Also, thank you for this positive review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your room, bed, view, breakfast. I’m that our location worked well for you for the CSM graduation. I wish you safe travels!

Jesse Loose
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have stayed at this location several times as I have family in the area, and travel with a pet. The first floor rooms are convenient for pet owners, and the hot breakfasts are always appreciated. Pool facilities are indoors, which is nice for year-round use, and the staff is always pleasant. Plenty of free parking, and several eateries within several blocks walk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Guest!
Thank you so much for your positive review! I'm glad that you can call our hotel a home-away from home! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our family of 4 spent 3 nights here for a wedding in one of the two bedroom suites. We loved the comfy beds and the cozy fireplace in the living room. Having 2 bathrooms made it easy for us to get ready. And 3 televisions was great. Free wifi helps a lot with two teenagers.
Breakfast was slightly different each day for the hot foods. Very tasty. My daughter enjoyed making fresh waffles each morning. Everyone found something they liked.
We also enjoyed the good-sized pool and spa. It was heavenly.
Location was great, everything was so easy to get to. Just a short drive to Boulder and easy access to the mountains.

The front desk was always friendly and had a smile for us each day. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your positive review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel... that you were happy with the the two bed-room suite and liked our breakfast!

We hope to see you soon!

~Jesse

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Denver West / Golden? Share your experiences!