“Great food, nice people” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 136 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Mexican
Denver, CO
“Great food, nice people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We've been here about 10 times now and it seems better every time. I don't know if they changed menu items, different cooks or what, but the food is really good.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Golden, Colorado
“Best Carnitas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I try to get to Eldorado as often as we can, their food is wonderful, their margaritas (always 2 for 1) are delicious. The staff is very friendly and attentive. If you're thinking about trying this place I highly recommend that you do!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Laurel, Maryland
“Terrific food and very pleasant service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

After a week of traveling around the Denver area I was craving Mexican food. This place hit the spot. I found the place comfortable and clean. The bathroom was exceptionally clean which can often be an indication about the rest of the place. The staff there were extremely helpful, friendly and responsive. I asked to move to a table near an electrical outlet as the GPS on my phone had nearly wiped out my battery. They were very accomodating and helped me make the transition. My enchiladas were spectacular and my flan was great, too. A great experience and one I'd repeat if ever in that area again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado
“Very Pleasant out of the way surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

While out sightseeing on a Saturday afternoon we looked for a place to stop and have some dinner. We came across El Dorado in Golden. It was tucked back in a neighborhood off the main street and looked inviting. We stopped and had a good dinner with very good service. The portions were large and plentiful and tasty. If you are in the mood of a quiet, tasty dinner, this is the place to go.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Topanga, California
“-10 if I could”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Really, come on, Really. A group of 10, including one child and a pregnant women visited this terrible establishment after a wonderful day on clear creek, frisbee throwing, paddling and such. A nice dinner and drink on the patio to follow ... NOPE, no mas, I don't think so. The owner was so rude, place dirty, atmosphere like a basement or more like I would imagine hell would be like. We left before the food was served, with this said 2 things will be noted.

1. The people I was with are some of the most beautiful souls in the world, they say a negative word about no one.

2. the salsa wasn't half bad.

recommendation; Go to Golden City Brewery and be yourself, save yourself the stress and write the city of Golden a letter to close the place down.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere