“Good and bad.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Dallas
“Good and bad.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I hate to write bad things, but this is why we are on this site. The place is darling. It looks like you are in Germany. The family must be European that owns it. I noticed many people hanging out with their doors open - sitting in old recliners out front - which made me wonder of they live there or maybe it is a different culture thing.

Now to the bad part: BED BUGS. We were comfortably asleep (confy bed) when my husband woke me up at 5a (I am a 9a sleeper). He felt something crawling and bit his neck. We turned on the lights and there were about 15 little bugs - strange all around the head area?

As tired as I was, I couldn't go back to sleep in that bed. We both showered - went to the lobby and the older lady felt bad - I asked for a 50 percent refund and she gave it to me. Maybe it was that one room? Now I am freaked out about bed bugs.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Good location. Friendly people working to help you while you staying. Good rate.
This is only place I stay everytime when I go to Glenwood Springs. Many diffrent size of rooms are available for your needs. It is really good location for every where you wants to go from Glenwood Springs. Such as Shopping, Spa, Swimming Pool, Restaurants, Golf, Fishing, Rafting...... you name it!
Easy to excess HWY 70, Not that faraway to Aspen.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suites are large, bright and comfort.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family and I were tent-camping south of Aspen at 9500+ elevation and both my son and wife became very ill with altitude sickness at 4:30am. We abandoned camp and drove "down the mountain" past Aspen to Glenwood Springs. With no reservation at 5:30am in the morning ( and no sleep due to rain and sickness) we arrived to find 4 other "first choice" hotels fully booked. The helpful Silver Spruce desk clerk allowed us to check-in at 6am (and stay for the next 24+ hours, other hotels wanted us to check out at 11am that same morning or pay for two nights! ) for $100 bucks we got the HONEYMOON ( Bay window) room (which is an end unit facing the highway). The room was clean but dated ( on par with an older RED ROOF ) and it did NOT ( surprisingly ) smell like smoke. I was not being very picky at 6am and I could have slept on a log at that point, but the beds were comfy and the room was comfortable too with a quiet AC unit.
The continental breakfast was simply OK. Thank you SILVER SPRUCE for saving our trip and saving me from having to pay for two nights hotel accommodation!

Room Tip: the Bay Window room was huge ( two queen beds ) with a fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hendricks, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My wife and I got into Glenwood late and didn't have a reservation. Our first choice was full so we stopped at the Best Western, they wanted $165.00 but came down to $139.00 for a queen. We drove across the street to the Silver Spruce, Gail at the front desk was very helpful and had a ground floor king for $79.00. The room was clean, comfortable bed,and the grounds were well taken care of. A couple of good resturants close by. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have stayed here 2 times in years past, but it seems like things have gone a little downhill. The location is fantastic, and I like that pets are still allowed here. It's quaint and I love the landscaping/flowers everywhere. Breakfast was pretty good, though fresh fruit would have been nice.No shampoo/lotion in the bathroom any longer, lightbulbs out, I'm not convinced the sheets were freshly changed....

Room Tip: Ask not to be put in the ice machine rooms or the laundry room rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Booked (and had confirmed) 2 super delux rooms. On arival we were given 2 room keys, neither were for the room types we had booked. The manager was very nonchalant about the lack of availability of the rooms we had booked. The impression we got was that they do this a lot and because of the lack of availability of rooms in Glenwood we could take it or leave it. Very poor customer service.

• Stayed July 2012
Queens, NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The motel is located in a very excellent location, and is very nicely designed. Rooms very clean, excellent staff, neighbors were inaudible. The breakfast was very good as well. Excellent value for anybody traveling to or through Glenwood Springs. Would recommend this place to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Silver Spruce Motel? Share your experiences!