“Nice stay bad Management” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Glenwood Springs

You added Ramada Glenwood Springs to your Saves list
Ramada Glenwood Springs
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 West 6th Street, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 (Formerly Ramada Inn and Suites Glenwood Springs)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Castle Rock, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

As we were walking through the hallway on the second day of our stay, I heard my 10-year-old niece remark, "this is kind of a sad place." That really sums it up. This hotel is dark, dirty and depressing. A remodeling project is in progress, and the evidence is all over the hotel. Old furniture and other remodeling debris clutter the hallways and half of the "dining" area. The pool area looks disgusting and is in severe need of maintenance. The rooms were standard, but our bathtub was really old and stained. The dated dark brick walls added to the depressing feeling. I really just wanted to get out of the hotel as quickly as possible.

The only redeeming quality of this hotel is the food served for breakfast, which is included. They serve quite a variety of hot and cold options. Unfortunately, you have to eat this food in the dark downstairs dining room and put up with poor service. It kind of feels like you are eating in a basement dungeon. The women working the breakfast area were quite rude. Unlike a normal buffet, the plates are not readily available. We had to wait for one of the women to notice us (they were busy having a conversation and it seemed that they were purposely not looking at us) so that we could request a plate. Then, they ask to see our coupon to "prove" that we were staying there and deserved a plate. Seriously, they treated us like we were criminals trying to steal these plates instead of guests in their hotel.

I also had problems when making the reservation (I should have taken that as an indicator of what was to come). I requested 2 adjoining rooms, but was told that they could not promise this but would "put a note on my reservation." We really wanted the adjoining rooms, but of course did not get them in the end. In the future, I will not book a reservation at a hotel that can't make this simple promise. I really don't see why it should be that difficult to just assign me 2 specific rooms.

In summary, I do not recommend staying at this hotel. The room rates are a joke considering the multiple service and aesthetic problems. The rates are comparable to several other hotels in the area that are not run-down disasters, so you might as well find a different place in which you can enjoy your stay in beautiful Glenwood. I come back to Glenwood every summer, but I will not be coming back to this hotel!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Littleton, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I would rate this place "terrible" if not for the pretty good continental breakfast that inculded hot and cold items. However, the staff was very rude (especially the breakfast staff). You had too stand there and basically beg for a plate like Oliver Twist at the beginning of the line as they don't have them sitting out. There was was one particular lady, I like to call the "Plate Nazi" who who would bregrudgingly hand you a plate after she acted confused, for a minute, about what you needed.

The rooms are okay. Pillows are really uncomfortable. Mine felt like a pillowcase filled with straw. But, the hotel is very dated. Dark brick all over the interior of the hotel. And, this is not the cool, trendy "exposed" brick. This is the 70s, ugly, scene of a seedy movie, color brick. There is literally "remodeling material" sitting all over the interior of the hotel along the hallways, etc. There are all these old pieces of furniture just pushed off to the sides, linig the walls, as if they don't know what to do with them (are they ever going to possibly use them? I hope not).

Elevators, ice machines were broken down. The pool and hot tub looked nasty. They should either close down hotel completely until the supposed "remodel" is completed or offer significantly cheaper rooms, with a warning to guests about "improvements coming" before their stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bonita, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We were traveling back east and just passing through for the night so booked this sight unseen but were pleasantly surprised by the look of the exterior and lobby. I know, not the most important part of a hotel. The sign on the room door said non-smoking but the scent of the room was more like air freshener was used to cover up the smoke smell. It appeared the hotel was under renovation and had only one working elevator. Our room told my why they were renovating. My husband described the bathroom as 'one step above camping.' The bathroom was super small and in disrepair. Very thin blankets. My daughter was disappointed that the 24 hr fitness facility closed about 9:30 pm. Upsides - ok room rate, super friendly staff and free wi fi.

• Stayed July 2014
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Just terrible. The rooms have been redone and are decent, but the hotel itself is just gross. The restaurant is just dirty and nasty. Elevator didn't work. 3 of the 4 ice machines didn't work. Leaky roof and moldy ceiling tiles. Cracked jacuzzi fiberglass, standing water, cloudy/green pool. Not safe. Just a horrible experience and like others, the staff isn't empowered to do anything to help remedy the situation. This is definitely not a true Ramada. Ramada should look at this property and pull their franchise license.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Glenwood Springs? Share your experiences!