We stayed here for a fun mother/daughter getaway. The location is great. It is right across the street to the hot springs. Also, it is easy to walk to restaurants and shops from this hotel. The room was as expected from the online pictures. We were able to get two rooms with adjoining doors. And our balconies overlooked the hot springs. It was lots of fun to sit out there and people watch. However, I do have a few complaints:
1- The price was very high. This is a tourist town. So, be prepared to pay tourist prices.
2- The included breakfast is located in the entrance to the hot springs. The breakfast was fast and good. However, you are walking across the street to a separate building to eat. It worked fine for us to go there on the way to the hot springs. But just be aware that you aren't running down for something quick to eat and then back up to your room.
3- We had to wait an hour after their posted check in time for our room to be ready. This may have been a freak thing.
4- My largest complaint was our room key somehow didn't work. When I went up to the front desk to get them to rescan it, I received a lecture on how I needed to take better care of my key. My key was in my swim bag the entire time. I felt this was inappropriate for a front desk person to say.
- Also Known As:
- Glenwood Hot Springs Hotel
- Glenwood Hot Springs Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Glenwood Springs Hot Springs
- Hot Springs Lodge Glenwood Springs Co
- Hot Springs Lodge And Pool
- Hot Springs Hotel And Pool
- Hot Springs Pool Glenwood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge completed a multi-million dollar renovation at the end of 2011, transforming 107 guestrooms into one of the top hotels in the Roaring Fork Valley. Enjoy the world's largest hot springs pool and Colorado's premier mineral springs resort. Guestroom rates include unlimited access to the hot springs pool and daily full hot breakfast. The lodge offers complimentary wi-fi internet access and secure gated parking. Our award winning Spa of the Rockies boasts a full service menu of facial and body treatments, massages, manicures and pedicures. The Poolside Grill, Athletic Club, and Sports Shop are additional amenities for our guests to enjoy. This history filled site was revered by the Ute Indians as a sacred place of healing. Today, guests from around the world visit Glenwood's favorite place for fun and healing! Come visit us at Colorado's premier mineral springs resort.This year, Glenwood Hot Springs celebrates 125 years! To mark this milestone occasion, the resort will be hosting a variety of events and activities throughout the year. ... more less