“Fun girls trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge
You added Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge to your Saves list
415 E 6th Street, Glenwood Springs, CO 81602   |
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Fun girls trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed here for a fun mother/daughter getaway. The location is great. It is right across the street to the hot springs. Also, it is easy to walk to restaurants and shops from this hotel. The room was as expected from the online pictures. We were able to get two rooms with adjoining doors. And our balconies overlooked the hot springs. It was lots of fun to sit out there and people watch. However, I do have a few complaints:

1- The price was very high. This is a tourist town. So, be prepared to pay tourist prices.
2- The included breakfast is located in the entrance to the hot springs. The breakfast was fast and good. However, you are walking across the street to a separate building to eat. It worked fine for us to go there on the way to the hot springs. But just be aware that you aren't running down for something quick to eat and then back up to your room.
3- We had to wait an hour after their posted check in time for our room to be ready. This may have been a freak thing.
4- My largest complaint was our room key somehow didn't work. When I went up to the front desk to get them to rescan it, I received a lecture on how I needed to take better care of my key. My key was in my swim bag the entire time. I felt this was inappropriate for a front desk person to say.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the hot springs for good people watching.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Suburban DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We decided to book our lodging at the Hot Springs Lodge because of the pool access and it did not disappoint! The rooms were nicely decorated and the beds were comfortable and the staff was great, but the pool was what made this hotel unique! From early in the morning, until after 9 pm at night, the pool was where many of the guests were hanging out. No matter the outside temperature, the pool was always a warm 91 degrees (or more if you went to the "hot tub" pool!). The breakfast that was included with our stay was also very nice and we enjoyed our stay on all levels!

Green Features: There were separate trash cans for bottles by the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
layala10, Lodge Manager at Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of our property. We appreciate both your patronage as well as your feedback. It’s really great to learn you enjoyed not only your room, but the proximity of the pool and all of our great facilities here at Glenwood Hot Springs & Spa of the Rockies. We hope to see you again soon.
Have a great summer!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

From now on I will only stay at this hotel. One nights stay comes with two days of pool access (check in day and check out day) and a hot breakfast pass per person. Normally the pool it self is $18 per person each day. The breakfast is normally 8.95 per person, which includes pancakes, hash browns, eggs, or omelette. All included!!!

If you're going to go into the pool it's definitely worth the money. Plus it's across the street from the pool.

• Stayed May 2013
layala10, Lodge Manager at Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear valued guest,
We are delighted to learn your visit to Glenwood Hot Springs was enjoyable. It was equally gratifying to know you perceived your stay with us as a “value”. We look forward to your next visit. Be sure to look for upcoming specials and packages on our web-site, or call us directly if we can be of any assistance.
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good room, had one with two queen beds, sofa, chair and table. Four adults stayed in one room, plenty of space and great that we could pick up the pool passes before checking so we could enjoy two days worth of the hot springs with just one overnight stay.

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of our property on Trip Advisor. It’s a thrill to learn you enjoyed both your accommodations and our wonderful facilities here at Glenwood Hot Springs. We hope you are able to plan another visit soon, perhaps for a longer stay.
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My mother and I were on this God centered discovery mission. On the day we stayed at the lodge, we had traveled from the four corners/ cortez area all the way to glenwood springs so we were tired.... I had not been to glennwood springs since I was a little girl and was thrilled when my mother said we were staying in Glenwood springs for the night. This hotel Blew my mind.... We dragged our stuff up just one floor and into our room and found a very spacious room and beautiful bathroom to start with. We left for dinner and came back. We then headed to the pool which was what I remembered it to be (the place hasn't changed in 30 years) It has been kept up very well.This time I got to enjoy the actual Hot springs as well. due to lightening and thunder we were only able to stay in an hour.... I was ahead of my mother and so I was the first back to the entry door and I waited for my mother and when she caught up to me I got kind of scared because she was breathing so hard she just couldn't catch her breath from having to climb the two or three flights of stairs from the pool to the hotel. We slowly walked to the elevator and then the electricity went out. I could hear in my mothers voice how terrified she was having to walk another flight of stairs.. The lights came on and we hopped into one the elevators with one the hotel staff and he asked if she was ok and she responded that she couldn't breath.. He didn't really say much and my mother seemed to be catching her breath. We got off the elevator and when we got back to our room we noticed that we didn't have any regular towels and so I called the front desk and asked for some towels. A little while later the same guy who had been in the elevator bought us not only bath towels but terrycloth robes too! He also knew who I was and asked how my mother was doing..... I was quite taken aback at how genuinely concerned this gentleman was over my mother. We enjoyed another surprise the next morning with an extraordinary breakfast spread anything we wanted.
When my mother and I added it up 4 passes to the pool would have costed us 50 and then breakfast would have costed us another $40 which means that the hotel alone would have been just 60 bucks! who gets that kind of hotel service at $60.

Dear valued guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post and share your experience. It was such a delight to read your review and we sincerely hope you and your mother enjoyed our wonderful facilities. It’s especially nice to learn you loved the service during your stay. Here at Glenwood Hot Springs guest service is our number one priority. We are here to make people feel better, and it’s always nice to learn when we have accomplished just that. Thank you again for your patronage and great feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Wow as the saying says (you get what you pay for) and at the glenwood hot springs its really true. The Hotel rooms are great even during construction very quite. I really don't understand how people can complain about this place. The staff at the front desk Sean greeted us with a smile and was very polite. Also the pool and breakfast are included. The breakfast was great there was a girl by the name of Lauren at the register the first day, and wow really needs to be working somewhere else was a bit rude. The second day their was Esgar along with Shain and Claude great guys great service. The guy in the back cooking omelets really efficient really fast very good food. When done with breakfast we were ready for the pool greeted by a girl Austin was her name very friendly and polite even when I asked her for change after the transaction was over. Great Job you guys made my family experience great.

Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Terrific staff...well equpiped rooms...onsite laundry. The breakfast included with the stay was AMAZING...unlimited pool access... with towels provided but don't forget $0.25 for the lockers and $0.50 for the bubble chairs!! Lunch at the Grill had a good selection and a Kids' Menu reasonably priced...the Gift Shop had lots to look at...jewelery purchases are nicely boxed and make nice holiday gifts for special folk back home...Take time to cross the bridge and check out other parts of Glenwood Springs...Wish we could have stayed longer...will DEFINITELY return.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor (think it was the north side) overlooking the parking lot...no balcony an...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,
We are thrilled to learn you will definitely return. Be sure to check out our website for multiple fun packages. There is so much to do here at Glenwood Hot Springs and our wonderful town. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests enjoy our property and encounters with our staff.
Have a fabulous summer!
Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge Manager

Been to Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge? Share your experiences!